This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The Internet search engine company called Google has announced it will give more than twenty-five million dollars in money and investments to help the poor. The money will be spent over the next fi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

[00:00.00]Lesson 25 How Can I Improve My Self-esteem [00:12.06]如何提高自尊 [00:24.11]Self-esteem isn't something that can be put in a box and hand-ed over like a present. [00:29.13] 自尊并不是可以放在盒中送人的礼物, [00:34.14

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄学英语第四册

Vicky is talking to her teacher about her English. (V=Vicky; T=teacher) V: How can I improve my English, sir? T: Well, the more you read, the better you'll write. V: And what about my spoken English?

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(187) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

Dialog 1: M: To improve customer service, Ill hire more employees for peak hours. F: You should also consider reorganizing the store(. (委婉提供建议) M: How would that improve service? F: now products are not conveniently arranged.( arrange shoes i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA 商务英语

No spitting and get in line. That's the message Beijing municipal government is trying to get across 18 months before the Olympics open in China's capital. 禁止随地吐痰。自觉排队。为了迎接一年半后的2008年北京奥运会,北京市

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Adam Hinterthuer. Got a minute? Netflix isnt satisfied with the way its system recommends new movies to customers based on their viewing habits. So the mail-order DVD rental company has offered outsi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

社会是流动的,人口是流动的,每个国家都会面临人口流动的问题,如何妥善安置与处理是关键.... Rob: Hello, I'm Rob, and Yvonne has joined me for today's 6 Minute English. Hello, Yvonne! Yvonne: Hello, Rob. Rob: Tod

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

Everyone is getting excited about the New Year New Year in the UK usually starts with a celebration on New Years Eve (31st December). Some people spend the evening at home with their family, or have a party for friends at their house. Others go to a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Everyone is in search for friendship all through their lives and the best form of companionship comes in the form of animals, that is, pets. Cats and dogs are the most preferred of the lot. However, nowadays people have birds and other animals as the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

You are what you think about. Can you create a better life by simply thinking about it? Of course not thats absurd. But if your mind is dominated by negative thoughts, its hard to get motivated to make positive changes that will improve your life. Pl

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(195) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

07 布什总统推进其环保政策 Bush Promotes Environment Policy Deborah Tate White House 4 Jun 2001 18:32 UTC President Bush Monday visited 1)Everglades National Park in Florida to 2)underscore

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(1)

Afraid of Public Speaking? You Are Not Alone! Students in American schools learn from an early age to give presentations as part of their regular classroom activities. Children as young as five years old often give brief talks about objects they brin

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

330.You (just) wait (and see)! /Just (you) wait (and see)! 你等着(瞧)! I'm really depressed about relations with our customers. 我们与顾客之间的关系真让我失望。 They'll improve. You just wait and see! 会有所改善的。等着

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语常用短句

There are some major benefits to having confidence, and there are proven methods to boost it. 自信会给你带来很多好处,经证明有些方法能提高你的自信心。 There's a saying that confidence breeds success. But does it? 俗话说:

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

BEIJING, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- China will nearly double its pension insurance coverage by the end of 2015 to address the problem of a rapidly aging population, a senior social security official said Wednesday. As many as 348 million more people will be

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Britons are allowing their manners to slip as chivalry becomes a dying art, researchers claim。 More that eight out of 10 passengers refuse to give up their seats on the bus, train or Tube, a survey by health care provider Simplyhealth said。 Aroun

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

年轻设计师在时装周大放异彩 Spotlights swivel on the ceiling as Chinese models strut their stuff on an illuminated catwalk in Beijing. They wear glitzy jackets, flowing dresses and very high heels - all with a Chinese flavour. This is the

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

土耳其,乌克兰发誓要改善双边关系 ANKARA, Oct. 9 (Xinhua) -- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and visiting Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych on Wednesday vowed to improve the bilateral relations between the two countries

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Reading is one of the most important ways to judge a person's command of a foreign language. There are two effective ways to improve reading comprehension. Reading widely is of primary importance. Reading is basically a process in which a reader trie

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Want to know how to improve you You grades without having to spend more time studying? Sounding too good to be true? Well, read on How To Improve You Study Habits Perhaps you are an average student with average intelligence. You do well enough in sch

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法