Knife Cuts on Mastodon Bone Reveal Earlier Humans 乳齿象骨化石上的刀痕!人类文明比你我想象的更久 Scientists diving in a Florida river found bones and tools that could change the history of humans in the Americas. These new items

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Paul's Case by Willa Cather, Part One 《保罗事件》Ⅰby 薇拉凯瑟 Our story today is called Paul's Case. Willa Cather wrote it. Donna de Sanctis? adapted it for VOA Learning English. Paul's Case will be told in two parts. Here is Kay Gallant

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

It was time for the bread to go into the oven. 该把面包放到烤箱里了。 There it would bake in the fire that burned so early in the morning. 烤箱里的火一大早就会把面包烤出来。 Three! struck the clock in the town hall. 三点钟

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材3

Throughout my career, I've been fortunate enough to work with many of the great international architects, 在我的职业生涯里,我非常幸运的和很多着名的国际建筑师一起工作过, documenting their work and observing how their

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

OK, I said, let's go for it. 我说:好。那我们就这么做吧。 The two became Lakers, and then it only remained to have a guru with mythical statistics, Phil Jackson. Another Hall of Famer added to my cup, which no doubt was runneth over. An

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

听力题目: 15.(A). People in the hall were surprisingly relaxed. (B). The hall had a strange odor. (C). Someone found a few cents in the hall. (D). The lecturer tried to calm the rowdy students. 16.(A). Professor Stone doesnt plan to retire for

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力单句训练

May 5th,1961 -Alan Shepard becomes Americas first space traveler blasting off from Cape Canaveral, Florida. Three, Two, One, Zero. Ignition. Shepard makes 15-minute suborbital flight on board his Mercury capsule dubbed Freedom Seven. 1821 -Frances fo

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2011年

May 5th, 1961Alan Shepard becomes Americas first space travelerblasting off from Cape Canaveral, Florida. 3, 2, 1, 0, ignition. Shepard makes a 15-minute suborbital flight on boardhis Mercury capsule dubbed Freedom 7. 1821Frances former ruler Napol

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

unit 514 票卖光了 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Is there anything available for tonight? A:还有今晚的票吗? B:There are some seats in the rear mezzanine. B:在后包厢还有一个空座。 A:Isn't there anything else available? A:没有别

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(232) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

Mitchell was moving to college. Are you taking Buddy? asked his mom. Buddy was his teddy bear. Mitchell did not know what to do. He loved Buddy. He had him since he was a baby. Buddy made him feel safe. Mitchell knew that he would be laughed at if he

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

It was twice, and you could have knocked. 我就做过两次,谁让你当时不敲门 Who is it? 谁啊 Detective James, NYPD. 纽约警察局,詹姆士探员 Wait, don't open it! Don't open it! Oh, smoked it tuesday. Open. 等等,别开门,别

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Where Do Martians Go When They're in Seattle? By Brianna Blake and Dana Demange Broadcast: Friday, June 24, 2005 (MUSIC) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. I'm

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

As the darkness came on, 夜幕降临, Beowulf prepared for the battle, taking off his armor and laying aside his sword and shield. 贝奥武夫准备战斗,他脱下盔甲,放下剑和盾。 Then he said to his men, This night shall prove whet

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

So the hall was built, and the king made a great feast for his warriors. 于是国王建造大殿,为他的勇士设摆盛筵。 To each of them he gave a ring of gold, because they had fought so bravely. 他送给他们每人一枚金戒指,因为

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

He went to an annual bicycle show. It was on Hudson Street in the Skylight SoHo. He had never been there. It sounded like a nice place. Bright, with lots of natural light, he thought. He went on a sunny, Sunday morning. The Skylight SoHo was a red-br

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

After having spent a fast year Waiting for the next time I can get you close I grew used to being back here Like a chorus synth line soldier at his post You call and I respond The sparrow and the song I miss you when you're gone When I am alone I See

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Science and technology 科学技术 Global health 全球健康 One potato, two potato, three potato 一个懒汉,两个懒汉,三个懒汉 An effort to count the world's sloths 来数一数世界上的懒汉 A PAPER in the Lancet, shamelessly tim

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

拥有一口流利的英语是很多人的梦想,而对于口语菜鸟来说,这个梦想似乎遥不可及。英语口语的殿堂,真的那么高不可攀吗?传授绝招之前,先来说说英语口语是什么。说到底,所谓的口语,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

- Listen. - I know. It's only been a few days... ...and somebody has already moved in upstairs. And they are playing music. Music is coming through the floor into my ears. I blame you for this. When you knocked on that door across the hall... ...you

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

JUDY WOODRUFF: Now a special series this week on the hopes and economic realities of many of those Americans who voted for President Trump. Three reports will take us to Erie County, Pennsylvania, Central Valley, California, and the coal towns of Wes

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列