强烈暴风雪袭击美国东北部 导致停电与交通混乱 AZUZ: For millions of people on the U.S. East Coast, it's like they've been hit by a category one hurricane, but this storm lashed them with cold and snow. Tens of thousands from Virgin

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年1月

The Dover Area School District in Pennsylvania is being sued by a group of parents after it added intelligent design to the curriculum presented to high school biology students. Intelligent design, the parents argue, is false science. It is simply a

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

And when this rock was quarried , it also revealed traces of real monsters, the bones of huge dinosaurs. 117 million years ago, Oxford was a real-life Jurassic Park. Dinosaur fossils have been found t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 欧洲自然写真

This was no ordinary forest. What looked like trees were in fact giant fern s, horsetails and club mosses , the fossils of which have been exquisitely preserved in this Scottish park. They offer a gli

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 欧洲自然写真

It took a ten-meter layer of fallen rain forest to make just a one-meter seam of coal. When you consider the depth of all the seams in all the coalfields worked in Europe, from Britain through to nort

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 欧洲自然写真

By Jessica Berman Scientists with the U.S. space agency NASA have begun investigating the crash landing Wednesday of the Genesis space capsule in Utah. The mission came to a disastrous end when a para

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--健康科技

David McAlary For weeks, two helicopter crews have been practicing the mid-air capture of a parachute drifting down over the Utah desert. When the event acttually occurs Wednesday, the parachute will

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--健康科技

Living in harmony with nature is so essential to our well-being that it is the first lesson of scripture. The account of creation in the book of Genesis tells of the idyllic Garden of Eden where man lives amid beauty and new life. Rather than be cont

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

1. genealogy /ˌdʒi:nɪ'lədʒɪ/ -- (literally, account of a race or family) history of the descent of a person or family from an ancestor; lineage; pedigree Diana can trace her descent from an ancestor who fought in the Civil War. I know much less

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

It's the fossilized resin of ancient pine trees. And trapped within it, are perfectly preserved souvenirs, each fragment helping to build a picture of an ancient world. This resin has also trapped som

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 欧洲自然写真

歌词: She calls out to the man on the street, 她向街道上的一名男子求救 Sir, can you help me? 先生,你能帮帮我吗? It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep, 天气很冷,我无处容身 Is there somewhere you can tell me? 有没有什么地方可以让我住下来? He walks

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

I can feel it grow Starting like a little storm Itching in my toes But it's will to take over Ain't quite that small I can feel it grow I can hear it moan I can hear it's bitter cries In my viens it crawls Underneath my tongue it hides I'm in control

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

36 宇宙空间文摘 DATE=6-13-01 TITLE=EXPLORATIONS #1956 - Space Digest BYLINE=Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Sarah Long with the VOA Special English program E

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 自然探索

由Peter Gabriel演唱,他是英国音乐家。从前卫摇滚乐队Genesis的主唱开始走红,并在离团后有着成功的单飞生涯。 Put on the dress in which you were married Pull down the veil til your eyes are hid Can you remember wh

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

As a teenager growing up in the American Southwest in the late 1960s, Cleve Jones remembers how isolated and lonely he felt. But he says his life changed one day when he happened to read a magazine article in the school library on the gay liberation

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

A polar vortex, also known as a circumpolar vortex, is a wind current that circulates above the North and South Poles. The currents sit like spinning hats above the Poles. 极地涡旋,又叫环极涡旋,是环绕在南极和北极上空的一股气

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The new book Genesis Begins Again is about a 13-year-old African-American girl who dreams of having smooth hair and skin many shades closer to her light-skinned mother and grandmother. Genesis says a prayer every night - Lord, turn

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台2月