Dogs Trained to Find Endangered Animals Many dogs are very hard-working animals. They have been helping people for thousands of years. Dogs protect our homes. They help people with disabilities. They team up with rescue workers in search-and-rescue o

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

This is Scientific American's sixty seconds science, I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? The eastern green tree frog looks exactly like the close related cops gree tree frog, the big difference between the two species is beneath the surface. The eastern

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

(MUSIC) Our story is called The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County. It was written by Mark Twain. Here is Shep ONeal with the story. (MUSIC) STORYTELLER: A friend of mine in the East asked me to visit old Simon Wheeler, to ask about my frie

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 听美国故事练听力

[00:00.00]Unit 18 [00:12.75]1.Listen and write. [00:18.94]Who's this girl?Oh,she's my friend Jane. [00:25.73]How do you spell the name Jane? [00:29.73]J-A-N-E.Thank you. [00:36.73]Look,this is a birthday cake. [00:42.32]Whose cake is it?It's Peter's.

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 新版剑桥少儿英语一级 (上)

The tongue of the frog is most useful to the creature in catching the flies and other small insects on which it feeds. 青蛙的舌头非常有用, 就是依靠它来捕食苍蝇与其他小型昆虫。 It is joined to the lower jaw in front, and not

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

Friends and neighbors of army staff sergeant Robert Bales in Tacoma Washington say they are shocked by the accusation that he murdered 16 Afghan villagers last weekend in a sudden shooting spree.Cathy Holland lives near Bales',his wife and two childr

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(三)月

Magnifying glass, calipers, teeny tiny tape measure, these are the weapons with which researchers are fighting it out to find the world's smallest frog. One team just announced the discovery of the unaverage 7.7 millimeter p* which can sit comfortabl

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute Declining frog populations are considered an indicator of environmental damage. But new research finds that frogs might be doing even worse than we thou

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

This is Scientific American 60 Second Science, I am Christopher Intagliata, got a minute. Scientists discover new species all the timeon the order of 15,000 a year. One of the latest additions to the tree of life is a new type of leopard frog. Which

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

In some countries, including France, there is a strong connection between fish and April Fools jokes. It seems the same is true on the pond, where Colin the grumpy Carp, plays a big practical joke on everyone. Read by Natasha. Written by Bertie. Proo

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Prince Bertie the Frog has always considered himself to be something of a comedian. His speciality is penguin jokes. He is delighted when he is asked to do a Christmas Eve performance of his stand-up comedy act at a pond in a neighbouring kingdom. Be

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

All the pond life who live with Bertie the Frog agree that the silliest creature by far is Tim the Tadpole. Colin the Carp is always complaining about his silly questions. Even so, the creatures were amazed recently when Tim suggested that all the fi

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

This audio story explains how Prince Bertie came to write the first installment of his autobiography (Prince Bertie the Frog). The book itself presents the text and beautiful full colour pictures to go with an earlier Bertie story which you can liste

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Prince Bertie has been on a secret mission to save the royal family and the honour of the lovely Princess Beatrice. In this special Bertie story, our hero is turned back into a prince but dont worry this is not the final Prince Bertie Story. You will

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

A recently discovered species of frogfish(襞鱼科) has been dubbed(授予称号) the psychedelic(引起幻觉的) fish because of the swirl of beige(米黄色的)and peach(桃红色的) zebra stripes that run from its blue eyes to its tail. Histiop

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

When the children grew tired of swinging they went down toward the pasture and picked wild raspberries and ate them. 两个孩子荡够秋千后,一路朝牧场走去,采野悬钩子吃。 Their tongues turned from purple to red. Fern bit into a

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Avery put the frog in his pocket and climbed to the hayloft. 艾弗里把青蛙放进衣袋,爬上干草阁楼。 The last time I swang in this swing, I almost crashed into a barn swallow, he yelled. 上一回我荡秋千,几乎撞上了谷仓的一

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

That morning, just as Wilbur fell asleep, Avery Arable wandered into the Zuckerman's front yard, followed by Fern. 那天早晨,正当威尔伯睡着的时候,艾弗里走进朱克曼家的前院,后面跟着弗恩。 Avery carried a live frog

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Todd: John, can you talk a little bit about the frog that you got for your Valentine's day gift. John: Sure, yeah, my wife gave me this Pac Man frog for Valentine's day, and basically it was this enormous, stinky frog that would only eat baby mice, s

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Patricia did not have much time. It was time to go to work. She did not want to be late for work. She would lose her job if she was late. She finished her coffee. She drank the last drop. She put the coffee cup in the kitchen sink. She turned on the

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读