The Earth Day April 22nd is the Earth Day. Our school organized a lot of activities to improve our environment. In the morning, some of us planted trees. Some picked up rubbish in the neighborhood or parks. Most of us also gave money to organizations

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

Unit 15 Part B Good News about the Environment Scientists and environmentalists have constantly warned us of the worsening state of our environment. Their view can be summarized in the list below: ● Our resources are running out. ● The population

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 全新版大学英语听说教程第四册

This was no ordinary forest. What looked like trees were in fact giant fern s, horsetails and club mosses , the fossils of which have been exquisitely preserved in this Scottish park. They offer a gli

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 欧洲自然写真

Do you have one of these? I get a little obsessed with mine. In fact, I get a little obsessed with all my stuff. Have you ever wondered where all the stuff we buy comes from where it goes when we throw it out? I couldn't stop wondering about that. So

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

The Government has played down speculation that Australia could be involved in the war in Afghanistan until 2020. Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Opposition Leader Tony Abbott have both expressed their support for Australia's commitment beyond 2014.

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

M: what's wrong, Jerry? You look so upset. J: to be honest, I was just dumped. M: oh, I'm sorry to hear that. You can go on a holiday to cheer up. J: no, thanks. I'm not in the mood for traveling. M: come on. A trip will do you good. Are you doing an

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

Mountain fableThe mountain and the squirrel Had a quarrel; And the former called the latter Little Prig. Bun replied, You are doubtless very big; But all sorts of things and weather Must be taken in together, To make up a year And a sphere. And I thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - U.N. Report Disputes Link Between Forests and Floods By George Grow and Katherine Gypson Broadcast: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VO

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

By Cynthia Kirk ENVIRONMENT REPORT - February 22, 2002: Monarch Butterfly Deaths in Mexico This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. A severe winter storm in central Mexico last month killed

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Good news has emerged this month for the world's forests. A new report from the London-based research group Chatham House says illegal logging is down by over 20 percent globally and by much more than that in some of the countries worst affected by t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Indonesia and Malaysia have stepped up efforts to protect Asia's great ape, the orangutan. Saving the endangered man of the forest may also help fight global warming. Under a canopy of green in Malaysia's Sabah state, tourists watch as orangutans are

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

ENVIRONMENT REPORT — April 12, 2002: Medicinal Plant Conservation By Mario Ritter This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Throughout history, people around the world have used traditiona

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

China has more plants than anywhere else in the temperate regions of the world. In fact, it has almost twice as many kinds of plants as there are in the United States which is about the same size and about three times as many as there are in Europe.

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

The fact that both horses and mammoths were here suggests these forests werent. It seems that, 14,000 years ago, Beringia was a huge expanse of open grassland. This unique habitat of cold, dry grasslands is known as mammoths steppe. But thats not how

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

More than 125,000 western lowland gorillas have been discovered deep in the forests of the Republic of Congo, at least doubling their estimated population. Primatologists say the newly discovered gorilla population now puts their estimated numbers a

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

Living on a remote mountain range in south central Yunnan is one of the few remaining wild gibbon populations in China--the black-crested gibbons of Wuliangshan. They are confined to these forest mountains, so remote and steep that few hunters ever c

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

The Minister of Climate Change, Nick Smith, gave some strange information about our carbon emissions yesterday. (See September 23rd 2008 for information about the Emissions Trading Scheme.) Last year we put too much carbon into the atmosphere and wou

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

So, I said, all these foods are products of the sea? 那么,我说,所有的食品都是海产吗? Yes, professor, the sea supplies all my needs. Sometimes I cast my nets in our wake, and I pull them up ready to burst. 是的,教授,大海供

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Voice 1 Hello and welcome to Spotlight. I'm Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And I'm Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Imagine a tree. Now, make

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

THIS CELL, properly speaking, was the Nautilus's arsenal and wardrobe. Hanging from its walls, a dozen diving outfits were waiting for anybody who wanted to take a stroll. 这个小房子,说得正确些,就是诺第留斯号的军火库和储藏衣

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物