Passage Two 14. A) The Asian elephant is easier to tame. B) The Asian elephant's skin is more valuable. C) The Asian elephant is less popular with tourists. D) The Asian elephant produces ivory of a b

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 【CET 12-24备战】六级听力

It took a ten-meter layer of fallen rain forest to make just a one-meter seam of coal. When you consider the depth of all the seams in all the coalfields worked in Europe, from Britain through to nort

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 欧洲自然写真

What Are You Doing the Rest of What are you doing the rest of your life North and South and East and West of your life I have only one request of your life That you spend it all with me All the seasons and the times of your days Are the nickels and t

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith. This week, we will tell about evidence that something big struck the planet Jupiter. We will also tell about a long ignored organ in

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(八)月

Something strange is happening in the forests around Chernobyl. More precisely, it is what is not happening that is the problem. When leaves fall and trees die there, they are not decomposing properly. Scientists visiting the dead forests noticed tha

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

This is Bob Smith from Channel 13 News. I'm at the scene of a miraculous rescue that occurred earlier today involving a fire, a 3-month-old baby, and the baby's dog, Lucky. Uh, the fire broke out at the three-story building behind me. Uh, unfortunate

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Bulgaria is an Iron Curtain country next to the Black Sea. 保加利亚是黑海边的一个国家, It has forests and mountains as well as farm land. 它有很多森林、山脉和农田。 In the forests live bears, wild-cats, and wild boars. 森林

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

056 Benu and Glenu There were two islands called Benu and Glenu around Holstein Castle located next to the Zeeland coast. On these two islands, there were forests, ranches, fields, churches and towns. These two islands were located close to each othe

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(240) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

考试日期: 2013年2月2日 Reading Passage 1 Title: Agriculture in Africa Question types: Sentence completion; Matching; TRUE/FALSE/NOT GIVEN; Multiple choice 文章内容回顾 非洲一个地区的农业,涉及到那个区域的耕作方式,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思机经

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization says deforestation has decreased over the past ten years. But it still continues at a high rate in many countries. Deforestation is mainly caused

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

The drug trade has devastated the communities in central South America. Policy-makers are now looking at moving away from trying to stop drug production to trying to curve demand. If it works,and all kinds of producers lose power, central america's f

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年Scientific American(二)月

Idiom: Prodigal son ( sinful people ) Hit the book: Vain Flatter Facial Vanity Narcissism Deem Excessive Paranoia Stalk Enlighten Has anyone ever told you, You're so vain! If yes, we hope you didn't feel bad. You so vain is not really a bad statement

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

岩石圈LITHOSPHERE 固态地球SolidEarth 洞穴Caves 地震活动Seismicactivity 地震监测Seismicmonitoring 火山Volcanoes 风蚀Winderosion 陆地生态系统TERRESTRIALECOSYSTEMS 土壤Soils 农

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

亚热带生态系统Sub-tropicalecosystems 温带森林Temperateforests 温带林地Temperatewoodlands 树木Trees 热带生态系统Tropicalecosystems 热带森林Tropicalforests 热带森林生态系统

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Four months of daily rainstorms sustain luxuriant vegetation. The arrival of the monsoon awakens one of the forest's most extraordinary moisture-loving inhabitants. The crocodile newt is one of the most unusual of the many amphibian species found her

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

A hornet sting is agony, but for now its distracted, intent on cutting away a piece of grasshopper, small enough to carry back home. Success! The white feather hardly slows the hornet, and more importantly, it can be seen. Now the hunter is the hunte

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

But there was a problem for the rubber growers. While Yunnans unique natural forests can survive on the valley slopes which stretch to the north, just one severe frost will kill off these delicate rubber trees. So Yunnans terrain puts a limit on how

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Christy VanArragon Voice 2 And I'm Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Every day more people in t

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

What it meant I was unable to say. 这话是什么意思,那我可说不上来。 These words pronounced, the chief officer went below again. I thought the Nautilus was about to resume its underwater navigating. 说了这句话之后,船副又下到

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

My heart's in the Highland my heart is not here,My heart's in the Highland a-chasing the deer;Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,My heart's in the Highland wherever I go. 我的心儿在高原,我的心不在这儿,我的心儿在高原,

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读