There is good and bad news about trees. The good news is there are seven times more than we thought. Scientists thought we had 400 billion trees, but we have three trillion. That's a three followed by 12 zeroes. For each person alive today, there are

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语生活新闻

If everyone in the world was a vegetarian, I think the world would be a better place. There simply isnt enough land any more for cows and sheep to feed on. We are losing too many forests because farmers want more land to raise cows so we can eat beef

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-V

Cheryl: So, Nick, you've worked as an environmental scientist in Australia. Nick: Yeah, I have. I worked in my hometown in Tasmania, and in Tasmania, there's many environmental issues, particularly involving logging of native forests there. Cheryl: O

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

MODEL2 Things are a bit out of balance. Script John: The seventh straight day of rain. Its too much. Things are a bit out of balance. Susan: Yeah, too much rain here, too little there. Last summer firestorms destroyed many parts of the globe. John: F

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Now Your Turn Task 1 SAMPLE DIALOG Josh: Maggie, Ive just read a fire destroyed much of the forest on Day Mountain in Hong Kong the other day. Maggie: Ive heard that too. The local government sent firefighters and even helicopters to try to put out t

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Task 3: Global Climate Change Today, scientists have found that the greenhouse gases in the lower atmosphere have changed the global climate. These gases are largely due to human activities, such as the burning up of gas, coal and oil, and the destru

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

Abused Chimpanzees Find Home in Sierra Leone Wildlife Refuge For more than 20 years, the Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary has cared for abused chimpanzees and chimps whose mothers have died. Victims of the illegal wildlife trade, the animals often arriv

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

1. Israel was defending its morning raid deep into Lebanon. The prime minister told the UN secretary general it was stopping arms shipment s to Hezbollah. Lebanon says it violated the ceasefire and is

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

[00:00.00]Did you like the zoo?你喜欢这家动物园吗? [00:02.47]Yes! I saw the pandas at last!是的!我终于看到大熊猫了! [00:05.70]But I am more interested to see the pandas in the Wolong Panda Reserve,但是我对在卧龙大熊猫

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 外研社新标准初中英语八年级上(2013版)

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Mangroves are unusual looking trees. They have roots that stand in saltwater and look like cables or ropes laid one on top of another. Mangroves are not just pretty -- they help the environment. But

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2014-11-24 Filipino Fishermen Turn to Fiberglass for New Boats 菲律宾渔民转用玻璃钢造船 Last year, a typhoon seriously damaged Leyte Island in the Philippines. More than 7,300 people died or are missing. Four million Filipinos lo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

First, we all need to get out in the forest. 首先,我们都得走出家门,走进森林。 We need to reestablish local involvement in our own forests. 我们需要重新使当地的居民融入到我们森林中去。 You see, most of our fore

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Not only that, we're continuing to plant one or two species and weed out the aspens and birches. 不仅如此,我们还在继续种植着那一两种单一的树木,还继续着把山杨和桦树清除出去。 These simplified forests lack compl

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Passage Two 14. A) The Asian elephant is easier to tame. B) The Asian elephant's skin is more valuable. C) The Asian elephant is less popular with tourists. D) The Asian elephant produces ivory of a better quality. 15. A) From the captured or tamed e

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语六级听力练习集锦

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Gray Wolf in Eastern U.S. May Come Off Endangered List / U.S. States Could Get More Power to Build Road... By Broadcast: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

28 The mountain and the squirrel Ralph Waldo Emerson The Mountain and the Squirrel Had a quarrel; And the Mountain called the Squirrel 'Little Prig.' Bun replied, You are doubtless very big; But all sorts of things and weather Must be taken in toget

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

The Jinuo people are incredibly knowledgeable about their forests, and claim to have uses for most of the plants that they find there. They have names for them all, those good for eating, and some which even have strong medicinal qualities. By workin

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Rainer Nolvak is a business man. He

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight program. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Address away, Professor Aronnax, and if I'm able to answer, I will. 提吧, 阿龙纳斯先生,只要我能答复,我就一定答复。 Well then, captain, how is it that you've severed all ties with the shore, yet you own forests on Crespo Isl

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物