Steve Jobs is the co-founder and CEO of Apple Inc. and former CEO of Pixar Animation Studios. He is the largest individual shareholder in Walt Disney. Jobs name is associated with innovative products like the iPod, iPhone and iTunes. He is a much-res

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - James Rouse was a land developer who built shopping malls and a planned city near Washington, D.C. By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Sunday, November 13, 2005 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Ste

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

A: A letter came for you in the mail. B: Give it here. A: Whats the letter about? B: I think its my acceptance letter from UCLA. A: Did you get in? B: I got in! A: Youre not kidding? B: They really let me in. A: Congratulations! B: I really wanted to

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

A: You got a letter in the mail. B: Give it to me. A: What is it? B: Its my acceptance letter from UCLA. A: What does it say? B: Ive been accepted! A: Are you serious? B: Im serious. A: Good for you! B: NYU was my first choice, but UCLA is just fine.

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

Habits - Tove Lo I eat my dinner in my bathtub 我在我的浴缸里吃着我的晚餐 Then I go to sex clubs 然后我去夜店 Watching freaky people getting it on 看着人们疯狂的摇摆 It doesn't make me nervous 不会让我感到紧张 If a

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

by Jason Marshall In the last two articles weve learned how to calculate two types of average values: the mean and the median. Today, were going to continue where we left off and talk about how median averaging can be useful in everyday, real life si

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

Yeah, I want to talk about one of my pet peeves. You know a pet peeve is something that you as a person don't like. You personally don't like a habit or a mannerism or something that other people do, um, for example a pet peeve could be people who do

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

People say I'm the life of the party 'cause I make a joke or two Although I might be laughing loud and hearty Deep inside I am blue So take a good look at my face You'll see my smile looks out of place If you look closer, it's easy to trace The track

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

Technology Report - Steve Jobs Remembered 科技报道 - 缅怀一代巨头乔布斯 This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道。 Steve Jobs made technology fun. The co-founder of Apple died last

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 19 April 2006 watch Severe Weather report Several weeks of unusual and severe weather in the U.S. are not being specifically linked to global warming but they are causing

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

Youve Heard of The Birth of the Blues Heres one of those word-association games. If we said waltz, youd probably think of Vienna, Austria. Closer to our home, if we said Dixieland, New Orleans, Louisiana, would likely rush to mind. Country music? Nas

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Anjana Pasricha India's prime minister-designate Manmohan Singh is promising to balance economic reforms with development for the poverty-stricken. He also says he will continue the peace process with

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -May 17, 2002: Whooping Crane Recovery Project By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Scientists are trying to create the first migrating group of whoop

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

英语作文 Directions: It is reported that many universities in China have begun to charge students for tuition. Should university students in China pay their own tuition ? State two opposite opinions and illustrate them in detail. Write an essay of a

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

今天我们要学的词是waive。 Waive, 是放弃权利的意思。维吉尼亚州向去年维吉尼亚理工大学枪击事件的遇难者家庭提出了补偿方案。The families will have to waive their right to sue in exchange for $100,000 ap

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Todd: Now, Michael, I think you grew up California, right? Mike: No, I didn't. Todd: You didn't! Mike: No. Todd: I thought you were from Santa Barbara. Mike: No, no. I was born in Cincinnati and I grew up, I grew up there and I lived from my teenage

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

By Greg Flakus Fort Hood, Texas 11 November 2009 President Barack Obama speaks at a memorial service at Fort Hood, Texas, 10 Nov 2009 President Obama spoke at a memorial ceremony at Fort Hood, Texas, Tuesday for the 13 people who died there last wee

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

White lace and promises A kiss for luck and we're on our way We've only begun Before all the rising sun we fly So many roads to choose We start our walking and learn to run And yes! We've just begun Sharing horizons that are new to us Watching the si

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

Ain't got no trouble in my life No foolish dream to make me cry I'm never frightened or worried You know I always get by. I heat up I cool down Something gets in my way I go around it Don't let life get me down Gonna take it the way that I found it I

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Unit 14 The origin of Adam and Eve 第14单元 亚当和夏娃的出身 A Brit, a Frenchman and a Russian are viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden. 英国人、法国人和俄国人一起看着一幅亚当和夏娃在伊甸

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人