PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Louis Kahn, 1901-1974: He Helped Define Modern Architecture STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell about Louis Kahn. He is considered

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

117-Year-Old Bolivian May Be Oldest Person in the World In a few weeks, Julia Flores Colque will celebrate her 118th birthday. She is the oldest woman in Bolivia. Following the death of a woman in Japan earlier this year, Flores Colque may now be the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Where is the bank? It's on Main Street. It's next to the post office. It's between the bakery and the barber shop. It's on the corner of Ninth Street and Pine (Street). Where's Lagoon? It's in Davis County, near Kaysville. It's on I-15, between Farmi

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

I didn't see it then, 我当时没有觉察, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. 但是事后证明,从苹果公司被炒是我这辈子发生的最棒的事情。 The heaviness of

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

Situated in northwest China, Linxia Hui Autonomous Prefecture is a major Muslim area and also once a trade stop along the ancient Silk Road. The folk art of brick carving has been thriving there, boosting the local economy. With a history of over 120

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

图片1 risk vt. 冒的危险 n. 冒险,风险 例句:All the people who know this secret represent a security risk. 凡是知道这个秘密的人都对安全造成风险。 hazard n. 冒险,危险,冒险的事 vt. 冒的危险,赌运气 例

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

It seemed a long time to the four children before Joe and Alice came home. But at last they drove up to the front door in a new station wagon. Its Joe! shouted Benny. Hes got a new station wagon! He ran down the steps. Oh, Joe, why did you buy a stat

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

Louis Khan Helped Define Modern Architecture Written by Dana Demange VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Today, we tell about Louis Kahn. He is considered one of the most

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

[00:03.52]The Brick in Your Life生活中的砖头 [00:05.60]A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, [00:11.94]going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. [00:15.66]He was watching for kids darting out from between parked ca

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧背囊超越自我

The tough task of rebuilding the shattered economy of Tasmania's west coast has begun. In the wake of two major mine closures announced this week, the Tasmanian government's working group has held its first meeting. The Federal Government said it's l

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

For four hours every day, for 100 days, Wang Renzheng held up the suction head of an industrial vacuum cleaner to suck in polluted air, at Beijing's various landmark sites. The artist hopes his performance art, dubbed the Dust Project, can highlight

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

地点:婚礼举行地点 人物:艾米丽,罗斯,莫妮卡 事件:莫妮卡帮助罗斯一起将艾米丽梦寐以求的结婚场所装饰好,艾米丽非常兴奋和感动,决定继续在拆迁的教堂结婚。 Emily: Monica, why hav

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Louis Khan Helped Define Modern Architecture By Dana Demange Broadcast: Sunday, August 21, 2005 VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with the VOA Special En

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. 一位年轻的总裁,以

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Dry lightning cracks across the skies 枯燥的闪电在天空中划开裂痕 Those storm clouds gather in her eyes 那些暴风雨中的乌云在她的眼中密布 Daddy was mean ole mister 爸爸是一个卑鄙的老头 Mama was an angel in the gro

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Silent Strokes Tied to Memory Loss Among Older Adults The results of a stroke are painfully evident as this patient struggles to get out of a wheelchair and walk again. Sudden numbness, physical weakness, difficulty speaking and comprehending and los

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Lesson 15 Jump 1.They jumped her in a dark alley. 2.The school is really jumping after exams. 3.He jumped all over me for this. 4.You did give me a jump! 5.Don't let others get the jump on us. 6.You should jump at the chance. 7.Don't jump the gun. 8.

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

1) taste 尝尝 2) nibble一点点的咬 3) inhale 吃得非常快 每个人吃东西的节奏是不一样的,你是更喜欢细嚼慢咽还是狼吞虎咽呢?

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: And some common sense, do not walk into a dark alley in the middle of the night alone. You wouldn't do it at home, would you? Do not get crazy drunk. For obvious reasons, just dont do it! 还有一

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Megan Nicole深情翻唱冠David Guetta的单曲Titanium Megan Nicole是美国德克萨斯州休斯顿市人,youtube 翻唱红人,因与jason chen共同翻唱pink的 Raise Your Glass 所被人熟知,被许多网友津津乐道的是其甜美的长

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲