Then as we got closer, I could see what it was. It was a California gray whale cow. The California gray whale is one of the largest animals on the planet. A fully-grown female known as a cow can easily weigh up to 35 tons, the equivalent of eleven fe

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Attack of the bats 蝙蝠的攻击 Dr. Moron and his team of researchers study the sleeping pattern of bats. They believed that bats have dreams just like people. 莫朗博士和他的研究生团队要研究蝙蝠的睡眠模式。他们认为蝙蝠和

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Egyptian media say suspected militants have killed more than 230 people in an attack on a mosque in the northern Sinai Peninsula. Egypts state-operated news agency reported that officials said the attack took place in a town west of the provincial ca

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Paula Wolfson The chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee says the Saudi government bears part of the blame for the latest terrorist attack in that country. Senator Richard Lugar says

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

Many die in Turkey wedding attack 很多人在土耳其婚礼袭击中死亡 Relatives gather outside the city hospital where the dead and injured were taken At least 45 people have been killed in an attack on a wedding party in south-eastern Turkey, officials sa

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

New iPhone App Improves the Chance of Survival for Heart Attack Victims From VOA Learning English, this is the Technology Report. Researchers have developed an experimental iPhone application, or app, they can improve the chances of survival for hear

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2015-11-11 Was Jordan Shooting a Terror Attack? It remains unclear why a shooter killed five people at a Jordan police training center Monday, a U.S. State Department official said. The shooter killed two Jordanians, two Americans and a Sout

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

When a heart attack occurs outside of a hospital, death is frequently the outcome, but a new study has shown that rapid intervention using two strategies can increase the chances for survival. Emergency physician Arthur Kellermann, a senior principal

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is voicing outrage over an attack against a UN compound in the Somali capital of Mogadishu. At least 13 people are believed to have been killed in the attack. I repeat my outrage again at these despicable

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

By Laurie Kassman U.S. and Iraqi forces say they are preparing a major assault against insurgents loyal to radical Shi'ite Muslim cleric Moqtada al-Sadr in the holy Shi'ite city of Najaf after a week

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

Nick Simeone Again Tuesday, U.S. forces in Baghdad battled militiamen loyal to Iraqi cleric Moktada al-Sadr, who is demanding occupation forces withdraw from populated areas. While his followers are v

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

South Korea has held funerals for the two marines(海军陆战队员) killed when North Korea fired artillery shells at the South's Yeonpyeong island earlier this week. It comes as the US calls on China to do more to increase its pressure on Pyongyan

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Executives of five large oil companies are attacking proposals to cut $4 billion in annual U.S. government subsidies, even as their profits have soared and American motorists are facing near-record prices at gasoline pumps. The chief executive of Exx

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

COLOMBO, Feb. 24 ((Xinhua) -- The United States on Sunday strongly condemned the attacks on Maldivian media personnel after three journalists were attacked in capital Male on Friday, officials said. The U.S. Embassy in Colombo, in a statement said th

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Suicide attack on Pakistani hotel 巴基斯坦酒店自杀性袭击 A suicide bomb attack on a luxury hotel in the north-west Pakistani city of Peshawar, has killed 15 people and injured at least 60. Gunmen(枪手,歹徒) stormed the outer security barrier at t

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

CAPITOL HILL U.S. lawmakers have received the first post-election briefings on the deadly September attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Senators are not revealing specific information provided to them by administration officials at the c

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, July 26 (Xinhua) -- A Chinese Defense Ministry spokesman Thursday refuted reports that China's military attack helicopter Z-10 pirated U.S. technologies, saying the helicopter's manufacturer had used independent intellectual property rights.

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Puttin my defences up 筑起保护自己的围墙 Cause I dont wanna fall in love 因为我不想要坠入爱河 If I ever did that 如果有一天,我有了心动的感觉 I think Id have a heart attack 我想,我会得心脏病 Never put my lov

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

A suicide car bomber attacked a NATO convoy in Kabul Saturday killing 13 NATO troops from the international security force or ISAF (according to ISAF) and at least 4 (four) Afghans. At least eight others were wounded in the attack. Twelve of the dead

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

GAZA, Jan. 10 (Xinhua) -- Israeli warplanes carried out several airstrikes(空袭) in the Gaza Strip early Monday despite attempts by Gaza's Hamas rulers to enforce a shaky ceasefire(停火). The F-16 jets struck two training sites for the mi

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻