1. The White House says President Barack Obama plans to sign the repeal of the military's ban on openly gay service members on Wednesday, four days after the Senate voted to abolish the policy. Obama's signature would end the Pentagon's 17-year, don'

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十二月)

1. At least 28 people were killed and dozens more wounded on Wednesday after a car bomb exploded in the Turkish capital. Authorities say the attack targeted military vehicles that were carrying arm forces personnel. 2. A spokesman for a U.S led coali

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(二)月

Humor,which ought to give rise to only the most light-hearted and gay feeling [00:05.72]can often stir to up vehemence and animosit [00:10.40]Evidently it is dearer to us than we realiz [00:15.07]Men will take almost any kind of criticism except the

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语听力基本功4

Unit 5 Health and Body Care Another Forty Years to Live(M) Cindy was from the richest neighborhood in townOne day,she had a heart attack and was taken to a hospitalWhile on the operating table,she had a near-death experienceShe saw an angel and asked

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 人人说英语高级

hundreds of volunteers and medical workers have converged at the scene of what used to be the World Trade Center Towers to search for victims of yesterdays terrorist attacks. [00:-0.50] [00:-1.00]The Trade Centers Twin Towers are now just mounds of r

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 听新闻学英语

Israeli warplanes raided suspected Palestinian targets in southern Lebanon today, a day after a grenade attack near Jerusalem's Wailing Wall. NPR's Deborah Amis reports. This afternoon four Israeli jets streaked over the Palestinian refugee camp of M

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(191) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语听力

THE MAKING OF A NATION - 1918: American and German Forces Meet on a Battlefield Near ParisBy Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, March 30, 2006 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(三)月

of envy 论嫉妒 there be none of the affections, which have been noted to fascinate or bewitch, but love, and envy. they both have vehement wishes; they frame themselves readily into imaginations, and suggestions; and they come easily into toe eye;

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Whilst a heart attack can often be sudden and unannounced, most other times, the condition develops over a period of time. You can read the warning signs and take the necessary precautions if you pay heed. Here are 7 signs that can be taken as warnin

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Shark 鲨鱼 There are more than 400 kinds of sharks all over the world. 全世界有400多种鲨鱼。 Because sharks eat large fish, they are the top of the food chain in the sea. 因为鲨鱼捕食大鱼,所以它们处于海中食物链的顶端。

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第1册

AS IT IS 2016-03-16 Al-Qaida Group Says It Attacked Ivory Coast Resort 基地组织称其袭击象牙海岸 A militant group linked to al-Qaida terrorists said it attacked a vacation area in Ivory Coast on Sunday. Six attackers with weapons killed 14

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

You cannot hide it's infront of my eyes Illusions made me blind You just said goodbye need no alibi Walked right out of my life You were beautiful wonderful Girl I was mesmerised Lead me on gave me hop hope You causing this pain Give me a heart attac

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Lesson 38 Set off 1.When will Mr.Smith set off ? 2.A letter fromhome set off an attack of her homesickness . 3.The gold frame sets off your painting very well . 4.We haven't set off . 5.The headwords should be set off in black ink . 6.They've set off

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

Rebecca and I forged for a couple of hours,and and... 我和丽蓓卡伪装了几小时 后来... it looked like rain, 看样子要下雨了 So... we both figured 所以 我们觉得 it'd be more efficient to split up. 分头行动效率更高 And an

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

THE MAKING OF A NATION - Fighting World War Two: Powerful Germany Begins to Face DefeatsBy David Jarmul Broadcast: Thursday, November 16, 2006 THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十一)月

美国谴责埃及对韩国游客的袭击 WASHINGTON, Feb. 17 (Xinhua) -- The United States on Monday condemned a bombing attack on a tourist bus in Egypt Sunday, in which three nationals of the Republic of Korea (ROK) and one Egyptian driver were k

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Belarus has executed two men convicted for a fatal 2011 metro bomb attack, despite protests from European human rights groups and calls for a re-trial. Belarussian news media reported Saturday that Vladislav Kovalyov and Dmitry Konovalov, both 25, ha

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

金属:Silverstein - Always and Never 相关介绍:此乐队两千年的时候成立在Burlington, Ontario,,实际上就在TORONTO的近郊一个小地方,PLAY很鲜明的EMO/HARDCORE风格.后来他们经朋友的介绍和VICTORY RECORDS签了约,在

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

BEIRUT, Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- A hand grenade(手榴弹) was tossed late Saturday night at the residence of the son of former Lebanese(黎巴嫩) Prime Minister Omar Karami, an ally of Shiite armed group Hezbollah. Unidentified assailants tossed a ha

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Ross: Well? Isn't that amazing? Joey: What are we supposed to be seeing here? Chandler: I dunno, but.. I think it's about to attack the Enterprise. Phoebe: You know, if you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old p

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语