Monday's business with Tanya Beckett YESTERDAY TalkTalk cyber attack and the new CEO of My Local.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

First up, President Obama says the U.S. will spare no effort to learn how an outrageous attack took place. Happened yesterday at Germany's Frankfurt Airport. Two American troops were shot and killed on a U.S. military bus. Two others were wounded. Th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(三)月

THE MAKING OF A NATION - US Goes to War After Pearl Harbor, but Japan Is Not the First TargetBy David Jarmul Broadcast: Thursday, November 09, 2006 VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Sp

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十一)月

Action English 动感英语 32 Movie dictionary 电影词典 epic 史诗片 American slang 美国俚语 bang 重击 v ;大吃一惊n =surprise 例:Don't bang the door That suspense movie gave me a big bang at the end . (I never would have expected such a freaky ending

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 动感英语

Never Say Never See I never thought that I could walk through fire I never thought that I could take the burn I never had the strength to take it higher Until I reached the point of no return And there's just no turning back When your heart's under a

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani says the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing Saturday that killed at least 33 people in eastern Afghanistan. Officials say more than 100 other people were wounded in the attack in Jalalab

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, May 9 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Congress on Thursday held its first hearing on the Boston Marathon bombing, with witnesses calling for more resources for local law enforcement to combat homegrown terrorism. At the House of Representatives Homeland

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Heartburn Drugs Linked to Heart Attacks 某些胃药可能增加心肌梗死的风险 The widely used drugs known as proton pump inhibitors, or P.P.I.'s gastric reflux preventives like Prilosec and Prevacid may increase the risk for heart attack, acc

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

BOGOTA, July 15 (Xinhua) -- A police officer was killed and another seriously injured by a homemade grenade launched by members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) rebel group in the northwest city of Quibdo, police said Monday. Jesu

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

袭击中国学生损毁法国形象 BORDEAUX, France, June 16 (Xinhua) -- French Agriculture Minister Stephane Le Foll on Sunday denounced the violent attack on Chinese students in southwest France, saying that the country's image was tarnished by t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

ANKARA, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- Turkey on Thursday strongly condemned a deadly car bombing which rocked southern suburbs of Lebanese capital of Beirut earlier in the day and left at least 17 people dead and 212 others injured. In a statement, the Turkish

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. Russian authorities say the deadly bombing at Moscow's busiest airport was likely carried out by a suicide attacker. At least 35 people were killed and 180 others wounded. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. 2. Rahm Emanuel says ther

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(二月)

1. President Barack Obama is offering his birth control plan so that religious employers won't have to cover the cost. Instead, he shifts that responsibility to insurance companies, who will have to provide free contraception. 2. An Islamic extremist

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(二月)

本期内容: In Americas deadliest-ever shooting, a gunmanwith Is**mist sympathies, police saidkilled 50 people and injured 53 in an attack on Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old American citizen of Afghan origin

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

U.S. President Barack Obama has said he does not consider the cyber attack on Sony to be an act of war. In an interview with CNN on Sunday, Obama said his advisers are weighing how to respond in kind to the attack. No, I don't think it was an act of

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

CAIRO, Jan. 23 (Xinhua) -- Egyptian(埃及) Interior Minister Habib al- Adly said on Sunday that a Palestinian group linked to al-Qaida was behind the bombing of a church in Alexandria that killed more than 21 people on New Year's Eve. In a telev

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(319) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The suicide bomber who killed 7 CIA employees on a US base in eastern Afghanistan was seen, on Saturday, in a pre-attack video alongside Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud. In the video, Humam Khalil Abu Mulal al-Balawi, a Jordanian, says he w

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

If you're just joining us, this is WEEKENDS on ALL THINGS CONSIDERED from NPR News. I'm Jacki Lyden. The chemical weapons attack in Syria on August the 21st was the first time in a quarter century that such weapons had been used against civilians dur

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

HARI SREENIVASAN: Thousands of people gathered in the Turkish capital of Ankara today to condemn the worst terrorist attack in that nation's recent history. Families and friends of some victims gathered today to mourn. At least 95 people died when tw

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

A: Captain, were under attack by an unidentified ship. B: Damage report. A: Weve sustained heavy damage to the engines. Weve lost our warp drive. B: Well have to attempt to make contact. This is Captain Picard of the Starship Enterprise. We dont wish

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod