AMERICAN STORIES - A Princess of Mars, Part Four By Edgar Rice Burroughs Broadcast: Saturday, June 25, 2005 ANNOUNCER: Now, the Special English program, American Stories. (MUSIC) ANNOUNCER: Welcome to

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(298) / 评论(0) 分类 American Stories

AMERICAN STORIES - A Princess of Mars, Part Two By Edgar Rice Burroughs Broadcast: Saturday, June 11, 2005 ANNOUNCER: Now, the VOA Special English program, American Stories. (MUSIC) Last week we broug

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(529) / 评论(0) 分类 American Stories

AMERICAN STORIES - A Princess of Mars, Part Three By Edgar Rice Burroughs Broadcast: Saturday, June 18, 2005 ANNOUNCER: Now, the Special English program, American Stories. (MUSIC) Last week we broadca

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(393) / 评论(0) 分类 American Stories

Bite the Dust (go down in defeat) Andy did exceptionally well in all of the track events, but he bit the dust in the high jump competition. Much to the disappointment of his fans, he went down in defe

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(238) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

American Old-time Radio Classic Favorites Last Year's Christmas Bill (II) Gracie: How do you do, are you Mr. Vanderlipp, the president of this bank? Mr. Vanderlipp: I am. Gracie: Well um, I wonder

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

09 American Beauty (Lester makes a mess when he goes to work in the morning.) Lester: My name is Lester Burnham. This is my neighborhood. This is my street. This is my life. Im 42 years old. In less than a year, Ill be dead. Of course, I dont know t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 美文欣赏

LESSoN SEVEN (B) The Changing American Family The family is important to people all over the world although the structure of the family is quite different from one country to another. In the United St

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(297) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Doug Johnson. This week on our program, we have music from the new album by Sade. And we read some of your comments. But first, we have a report on the business of entreprene

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Clara Barton, Founder of the American Red Cross: A Life of Caring for OthersWritten by Jerilyn Watson (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Ray Freeman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the Special English program People in America. Every week we tell about

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

AMERICAN STORIES - The Sharks Were Hungry By Dorothy Cottrell Broadcast: Saturday, October 09, 2004 Now the weekly Special English program American Stories. Our story today is called The Sharks Were H

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 American Stories

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: In the 1950s, Conflict in Korea STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. Today, we tell about the Korean War. The biggest problem facing Dwight

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

American Teenagers Making a Difference Welcome to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English. Im June Simms. Today on the show, we tell about some unusual young people who work to make a difference in the world. Most teenagers in the United States spe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2016-11-27 An American National, But Not a Citizen The United States is made up of 50 states, the District of Columbia and 16 territories. Five of these territories are permanently inhabited. They are the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

经典歌曲-美国派American Pie - don mclean Madonna a long long time ago. I can still remember how. that music used to make me smile. and I knew that if I had my chance. that I could make those people dance. and maybe they'd be happy for a while.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. Today on our program, we listen to music from Norah Jones ... And we answer a question about George Washington. But first, we tell you about a Web site for chi

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

American-style football is seeking an entry into India. But it is unclear whether a country that has a single-minded obsession with cricket will take to this all-American sport. That's because although American-style football ranks among the top favo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Asian-Americans have largely been ignored by U.S. politicians, but they could provide a valuable edge in the upcoming presidential election, says new polling data. According to recently released census data, Asian-Americans are the fastest growing mi

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Roadside motels are a quintessential feature of Americana dating back to the 1940s and '50s. Even today they are a staple of the American highway landscape. Their story, the subject of a new book, tells an equally American tale: the immigrants life.

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RS: I'm Rosanne Skirble with Avi Arditti, and this week on Wordmaster: Shakespeare in American English. This is the seventy-fifth anniversary year of the Folger Shakespeare Library, home to the largest collection of Shakespeare materials in the world

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

American Airlines' parent company, AMR Corporation, has filed for bankruptcy after failing to secure a deal with pilots to cut labor costs. The nation's third largest airline said Tuesday it sought bankruptcy court protection to reduce its costs and

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(246) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻