THIS IS AMERICA - Baseball and American Culture By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, August 09, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA, in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

THIS IS AMERICA - National Museum of the American Indian By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Monday, September 20, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. Today on our program, we report on the money makers in a marriage ... We answer a question about professional wrestling in America ... And we play music from c

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

What does an American look like? Nearly 1,300 Americans, mostly college students, were asked that question for a recent study in Psychological Science. They were shown pictures of people and asked by University of Washington researchers who looked Am

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Native American Artists Ask Lawmakers to Stop Fake Art Many Native American artists are quitting their trade because they cannot compete with the low prices of fake artwork. William Woody is the top law enforcement official at the Fish and Wildlife S

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

THIS IS AMERICA - Songs About American States By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Monday, September 13, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Almost every state in America has an official song. However, songwriters have

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. There were many changes in the social customs and day-to-day life of millions of Americans during the administration of President Calvin Coolidge. Many young peop

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: From Great Depression's Depths, Creativity Reached New Heights STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. This week in our series, Bob Doughty an

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION -- American history in VOA Special English. The presidential election of nineteen twenty-eight gave American voters a clear political choice. The Democratic Party nominated Al Smith. He was the popular g

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember with Shirley Griffith. This week in our series, we begin the story of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. (MUSIC) In nineteen thirty-two American

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: How the Berlin Airlift Got Off the Ground STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. (MUSIC) The Second World War ended with the surrender of Japa

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: a Web site that offers an interesting look at United States life and history, through examples of how Americans use rhetoric, the language of persuasion. RS: Michael Eidenmuller i

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - American Scientists Estimate Future Weather Conditions in Africa By Jill Moss and Amanda Scott Broadcast: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, i

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Faith Lapidus. Happy New Year! Before we look ahead to two thousand ten, we want to talk about some of the best movies and books of two thousand nine. And we play some great music w

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

RIO DE JANEIRO, July 18 (Xinhua) -- American Chris Weidman wants to challenge Brazilian champion Anderson Silva for the UFC world middleweight title, local media reported Wednesday. The 28-year-old continued his undefeated UFC record last week by def

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Pakistani police say the men were detained during a raid on the home of a local leader of the banned militant group Jaish-e-Muhammad. Aru Pande | Washington 10 December 2009 Nihad Awad, national executive director for the Council on American-Islamic

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

A group of American stand-up comedians have wrapped up a memorable week of performances in the Middle East, before what might seem like some pretty tough crowds. Their venue was the American Stand-Up Comedy Festival in Amman, Jordan [December 4 to 10

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

TEHRAN, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- Iran arrested a 55-year old American woman on espionage(间谍) charges, a local newspaper reported Thursday. The local Farsi-language IRAN newspaper said the woman who had set spying equipment in her teeth and entered Iran

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

When people use maps, they are usually seeking directions to a place they want to go. But Susan Schulten sees much more in maps, like history, culture and art. She shares some of those findings in her book, A History of America in 100 Maps. Schulten

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

The Historical Significance of American Revolution The ways of history are so intricate and the motivations of human actions so complex that it is always hazardous to attempt to represent events covering a number of years, a multiplicity of persons,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读