The night before I was heading for Scotland, I was invited to host the final of China's Got Talent show in Shanghai with the 80,000 live audience in the stadium. Guess who was the performing guest? Susan Boyle. And I told her, I'm going to Scotland t

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

I think we have to do something about a piece of the culture of medicine that has to change. 我觉得在当今的医学文化中,有一部份文化必须要开始改变。 And I think it starts with one physician, and that's me. 而这个改变可以

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Then there is a coffee table. I also did a coffee table. It's called Be Here Now. It includes 330 compasses. 我还设计了这张茶几,起名叫现在到此。它里面装了330个指南针。 And we had custom espresso cups made that hide a magn

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

The purpose of this project is, one: I hate not remembering things that I've done in the past. 项目的目的是,第一:我不喜欢忘记自己过去做过的事情。 There's all these things that I've done with my life that I have no recollec

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I was on a three-month road trip this summer. 今年夏天我度了三个月的假。 It was something that I've been dreaming about doing my whole life, 这是我一生梦寐以求的东西, just driving around the U.S. and Canada and just figurin

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And we saw over and over the way that spoken-word poetry cracks open locks. But it turns out sometimes, poetry can be really scary. 我们看到 口语诗遍地兴起 好似雨后春笋一样。但有时结局却是 诗歌可真吓人。 Turns out so

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So research has shown, 有研究显示, if you look at people who live under two dollars a day -- 那些每天消费两美金以下的人-- one metric of poverty -- 这绝对是标准的贫困人群-- two percent of that take-home pay 他们百分之

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Allow me to start this talk with a question to everyone. 请允许我以一个问题开始 You know that all over the world, 你清楚世界各地 people fight for their freedom, 有人为了自由而奋斗 fight for their rights. 有人为了权利而

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Another example: 还有一个例子 a few years ago I got a call from a man who was 19 years old, 几年前,我接到一个十九岁的男孩打来的电话 who was born a boy, raised a boy, 他生下来是个男孩,也被当作男孩来养 had a

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Despite implicit and explicit questions of my right to be in an elite space, I'm proud to report that when I graduated, 我不知道自己是否能算精英阶层,但我很骄傲地宣称, I was the first black woman to earn a PhD in astrophysics

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

I began my college experience just after my family had fallen apart. 我的大学生涯伊始,家庭就分崩离析。 Our financial situation disintegrated just after my father's departure from our lives. 随着父亲离我们而去,家里的经济

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

You know, I grew up in the inner city, 要知道,我是在市区长大的, and there were kids who were failing in schools 56 years ago when I first went to school, 当时,很多学生在学业上就已经一事无成了,那可是在56年前,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

I was amazed. I felt like Marco Polo. 我很惊讶。我觉得自己就像是马可波罗。 And to capture the moment, I said to Xuelin, 为了捕捉这一刻,我对雪琳说, I said do you think that they will be OK if we actually took a photog

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

A friend told me, shortly after that, that she had heard that Tim Russert, a nationally renowned journalist, had been talking about me on national T.V. 在那不久后,我的一个朋友就告诉我,她听说提姆路塞特,一个全国知名的记

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Yeah, I'm being honest. I need to tell you this here. Really. 我忍不住要提一下,真的很痛。 And accidentally, I happened to even invent a new dance form which I didn't realize, and it became a rage. 于是一不小心,我就发明了我的

You see the education performance, PISA, which is the international ranking of educational performance 你可以看一看教育方面的表现,国际学生评估项目(PISA)是国际教育成果排行榜, looks at all of the countries around

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

And we think of these things as especially rare, 我们可能会认为这只是个别现象, but a study by the Wisconsin Children's Trust Fund found that 40 percent of low-income kids face multiple instances of childhood trauma, 但威斯康辛儿童

讲师: Ben Cameron 字幕:中英双文 授课语言:英文 作为艺术行政员及现场戏剧表演迷,本卡梅隆就现场艺术的现状提出问题现场戏剧,现场音乐及现场舞蹈的魅力如何与无时不在的互联网竞争

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

设计师杰西阿灵顿来TED时只带了七条内裤,她的其他的衣服都是在洛杉矶附近的旧货店买的。这是一个用色彩与创意包装的有关消费意识的深度思考。

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

在这段演讲中, Tom Wujec 出人意料地对棉花糖问题做了深入的研究。 这个简单的团队建设练习要求参与者用干意大利面条,一码胶带和一块棉花糖等材料来建一个他们能搭建的最高的塔。而为

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集