Now, back to the mole. Not that mole. 现在,回到摩尔,不是鼹鼠。 This mole. Yep, this number has a second name.The mole. 这个摩尔,没错,这个常数有另一个名字,摩尔. Chemists use the term mole to refer to the quantities

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So this might be a good moment to take a quick time-out to answer a few FAQs about ocean rowing that might be going through your mind. 现在也许正好可以利用一点时间来进行关于大洋横渡的一些问题的解答,当然,这些问题

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I'm wearing a camera, just a simple web cam, a portable, battery-powered projection system with a little mirror. 我佩戴着一个相机,就是一个简单的网络摄像头,一个便携的用电池供电的投影仪和一个小镜子。 These c

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I've been intrigued by this question of whether we could evolve or develop a sixth sense 有一个问题我思考了很久,就是我们能否进化出一种第六感官。 a sense that would give us seamless access and easy access to meta-informati

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So, I didn't always make my living from music. 我以前并不靠音乐谋生。 For about the five years after graduating from an upstanding liberal arts university, this was my day job. 自从我五年前从一所正派的文理学院毕业起,这是

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

It's a bit of a cross of my arm. 一些手臂的交叉。 So all I'm doing is exploring this space of T and flashing through it with some action. 我在做的仅仅是探索T的空间,通过一些动作穿梭于这个空间。 I'm not remembering w

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So if you think of the word set, a set can be a badger's burrow, 当你想到一个词setset可以指獾的穴, a set can be one of the pleats in an Elizabethan ruff, and there's one numbered definition in the OED. 也可以指伊利沙白时代衣领

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

If you are like 98 percent of other people, 如果你象其余百分之九十八的人一样, you will identify the round, amoeboid shape as Bouba, and the sharp, spiky one as Kiki. 你会把这个圆圆的,变形虫形状的叫做Bouba,把尖尖

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Now where is the car industry on that? Very interesting. 汽车工业在这个问题上的位置究竟在哪?这非常有意思。 The car industry has been focused just on themselves. 汽车工业一直都只专注在它们自己身上。 They bas

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

I was recently traveling in the Highlands of New Guinea, and I was talking with a man who had three wives. 最近,我正在新几内亚高地旅行,我访谈了一位有三个老婆的人。 I asked him, How many wives would you like to have? 我问

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

Thousands of people are posting videos like this, 有成千上万的人们上传这样的视频, mostly teenage girls, reaching out in this way. 他们中大部分都是十几岁的女孩,用这种方式来接触外界。 But what's leading them

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Julia Sweeney (God Said, Ha!) performs the first 15 minutes of her 2006 solo show Letting Go of God. When two young Mormon missionaries knock on her door one day, it touches off a quest to completely rethink her own beliefs.

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(228) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:会心一笑

在本次初露头角的展演上,希瑟奈特向大家介绍了Data,它是一个能表演脱口秀的会站立的机器人,它能做的不只是快速地说出一小段的笑话,它还能收集观众的反应(使用的软体是由卡内基美

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

For example, they'll break proteins into their component amino acids 比如,它们会把蛋白质分解成氨基酸成分, and then break those down even further into various compounds. 然后再把这些更进一步分解成各种化合物。 So

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

At the same time, methanogens can use hydrogen and carbon dioxide produced by other bacteria to generate methane, 同时,产甲烷菌可以使用其他细菌产出的氢和二氧化碳以生成甲烷, which can reduce the total volume of gas by u

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

But methane is actually odorless, too. 但是甲烷也是无味的。 Well then, what stinks? 那么,什么东西这么臭? The foul smell is usually due to volatile sulfur compounds, such as hydrogen sulfide and methanethiol, or methyl mercaptan

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Now, even though both of these molecules are made up of exactly the same building blocks, 尽管这两种分子由一模一样的东西组成, they are two completely different substances, and they behave completely differently inside of us. 但它们

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Where did Russia come from, why is it so big, and what are the differences between it and its neighbors? 俄罗斯起源于哪里,为何幅员如此辽阔,它和其邻国有什么不同呢? The answers lie in an epic story of seafaring warriors

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

It's, in short, how we learn what we know about other people and about the world. 简而言之,那就是我们如何了解到,我们对于其他人的认知,以及我们对于全世界的认知。 But we live in a 100-percent media-saturated so

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

My great-grandfather was a drunk in Detroit, who sometimes managed to hold down a factory job. 我的曾祖父曾经住在底特律,他是个酒鬼,有时勉强去工厂工作。 He had, as unbelievable as it might sound, 21 children, with one wo

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇