1. The woman accused of intentionally plowing a car carrying her child through crowds of pedestrians on a Las Vegas Strip sidewalk was in court Wednesday morning. Lakeisha Holloway appeared in court on charges of murder, hit and run and child abuse.

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(十二)月

1) I will not make the same mistakes that you did 我不会重复你犯过的错误 I will not let myself Cause my heart so much misery 也不会让内心承受如此痛苦 I will not break the way you did, 我不会干涉你选择的方式 You fel

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 乐宁外教口语天天练

ESL Podcast 1177 Pedestrian Safety Rueben: I never imagined walking our daughter to school could be so dangerous. Carla: What happened? Rueben: We were walking on the sidewalk approaching the intersection. The crossing guard was there to stop traffic

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之日常生活

Los Angeles is a big city. There are millions of people here. But thousands of people have no home. They are homeless people. They live on the sidewalks. They sleep on the sidewalks. They are called street people. They dont have cars. They have shopp

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

周一的早晨,妈妈送丹尼尔去上学。在走去公交车站的路上,丹尼尔模仿超人到处乱跑。妈妈随即教育丹尼尔要遵守交通规则。 Listen Read Learn (Daniel opens his arms and runs here and there.) Daniel: Mom, am I like a superman? All I need is a cape. Mom: No, jus

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

She looked at the man. He was walking on the sidewalk. She did not know this man. He was a stranger. She did not trust this man. He did not live in this neighborhood. She was driving her car slowly. She was almost home. She drove past the man. She wa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

His apartment is on the seventh floor. He can see the busy street from his bedroom window. The sidewalk is often crowded with people. The sidewalk is wide. It's about 20 feet wide. New York City has many wide sidewalks. He can see several stores. One

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost... I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes forever to find a way out. Ⅱ. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it I

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

Security Tight Around UN General Assembly 联合国总部加强安保措施 NEW YORK The United Nations General Assembly, every September, brings together leaders from around the world. The U.N. has turned into a fortress. Streets are blocked off. Po

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

X Music X I will not make the same mistakes that you did I will not let myself Cause my heart so much misery I will not break the way you did You fell so hard I've learned the hard way To never let it get that far Because of you I never stray too far

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

【生词预览】 sidewalk 人行道, quarter 两角五分的硬币 【笑话原文】 Whose50Cents? Jacky:Ifound50centsonthesidewalkinfrontofschool. Tommy:Ithinkit'smine.Idropped50centstheretodayandcouldn'tfindit. Jacky:ButwhatIfoundwastwoquarter

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Suddenly the sidewalk disappeared from beneath me. My eyes flew open in shock. 忽然间,我身下的人行道消失了。我大吃一惊,飞快地睁开眼睛。 Edward had scooped me up in his arms, as easily as if I weighed ten pounds instead

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

The bar owner was upset. His best customer was in the hospital. He had a head injury. What happened? the owners wife asked. He said, He drank too much. When he went outside, he fell down. His head hit the sidewalk. Now he's in the hospital. This isn'

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

She looked at the moon. It was big. It was round. It was white. It was big and round and white. It was much bigger than all the stars. The stars were little lights. The moon was a big, bright light. She looked around. She could see other houses. She

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

Rudy and Brenda were walking on the sidewalk, approaching the coffee shop. A young man was sitting at an outside table. There were four chairs at the table, but he was by himself. Just before Rudy and Brenda got up to his table, the young man spit on

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

It was 80 degrees in the shade. A man wearing a heavy army jacket, a pullover wool cap, and dark sunglasses walked into the First American Bank at the corner of Maple and Main streets in downtown Short Beach. The man walked up to the teller and held

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Cars dominate cities. Spend some time walking around most cities and you'll find yourself pushed to narrow sidewalks, waiting for crosswalk lights. You'll find cyclists navigating really narrow strips of space. 汽车占据了各个城市。你花一点

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

I reached the corner, but a swift glance revealed that it was only a blind drive to the back of another building. 我走到拐角处,飞快地瞥了一眼,发现那只是通往另一幢建筑物的断头路。 I was half-turned in anticipation; 我

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

She said, Let's do our school project about bikers breaking rules. He agreed. They took notepads to Union Square. They watched and waited. They put check marks next to each violation. After two hours, they went home. They counted their check marks. F

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)