In 1943, social scientist Abraham Maslow outlined a pyramid that showed what he called the human being's hierarchy of needs. 1943年,社会学家亚伯拉罕马斯洛提出了金字塔式的人类需求层次理论。 People start with a desire for

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 闭着眼睛飘单词 六级词汇

What is Life About What is life about? We push very hard everyday to make more money, to gain power and recognition. We neglect our health, time with our family and to appreciate the surrounding beauty and the hobbies we love to do. One day when we l

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Cambodian-Americans to Help Cambodia's Basketball Team Cambodias National Basketball team is preparing to play in the Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in August. Pek Mith is the teams captain. He told VOA Khmer that the team will play

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

DISABLED? NOT ME! I know people are trying help, but I wish they wouldnt treat me as if I were a child. Zhong Xiaowen is sixteen and a middle school student in Northern China. She is one of the best students in her class and she won an award for youn

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第二册课本听力

Secretary-General remarks to the staff of the United Nations on the 2001 Nobel Peace Prize Award I believe as we listened to the [Nobel] Citation we also realized the challenge, the challenge thrown to us by the Nobel Committee. I am sure we will ris

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

DISABLED? NOT ME! I know people are trying help, but I wish they wouldnt treat me as if I were a child. Zhong Xiaowen is sixteen and a middle school student in Northern China. She is one of the best students in her class and she won an award for youn

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语听力人教版第二册

UNIT 14ENJOYING MUSIG Lesson 27 Part Ⅰ Warming-up Exercises Lesson 27 Part Ⅰ Warming-up Exercises A . Phonetics: Sound Recognition Drill 1 1 . a . lack b . knack c . rack 2 . a . fry

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力入门 (全四册)

DISABLES? NOT ME ! I know people are trying to help, but I wish they wouldn't treat me as if I were a child. Zhong Xiaowen is sixteen and a middle school student in Northern China. She is one of the best students in her class and she won an award fo

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 人教高中英语高二

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: more of our conversation with Kelly Maxwell, co-director of the Program on Intergroup Relations at the University of Michigan. The program centers on a class called Intergroup Dia

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

A Face Can Unlock iPhone X, But Can It Be Fooled? Apples well publicized iPhone X finally went on sale in pre-orders last week. The device will be available in Apple stores this Friday, November 3. With a starting price of $999, the iPhone X has the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Can Facial Recognition Help Prevent School Shootings? American education officials have sought new ways to make schools more secure following several deadly shootings in recent years. One of them took place in February at Marjory Stoneman Douglas Hig

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Palestinian official expects vote on bid of UN recognition at year- end RAMALLAH, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- A senior Palestinian official expected on Friday that the vote in the UN on the Palestinian bid of recognizing the state of Palestine as a non-memb

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Visiting Sacred Grounds in National Park Monuments 参观美国国家纪念地的神圣之地 The year 2016 is the 100th anniversary of the U.S. National Park Service. Adventurer and traveler Mikah Meyer is celebrating in a big way. He is traveling a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

LONDON, Aug. 5 (Xinhua) -- Chinese badminton players Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng beat their rivals 2-0 Sunday afternoon, and clinched gold medals in men's doubles in the Wembley Arena. These are the first gold medal won by Chinese in that event. This mean

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This Business English Pod lesson is the first in a two-part series on idioms that come from football, or soccer. 这是2节英语商务播客中的第1节,将学到源自足球的习惯用语。 Groups of employees work together as teams. Teams, or

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

本期内容: An Amazon facial recognition tool has wrongly identified 28 members of the US Congress as police suspects. The American Civil Liberties Union compared official photos of the politicians with a database of public arrest photos. Amazon

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Puerto Rican Tainos were nearly wiped out after arrival of the Spanish Lydia Crafts | Austin, Texas 05 April 2010 Cacike Caciba Opil, a Taino chief, hopes Puerto Ricans will regain pride in their native heritage. Related Links: Tainos in Puerto Rico

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

本期内容: EvenApplewillnotbeabletoexplainhowitsforthcomingiPhoneXcanspotsomeeffortstofoolitsfacialrecognitionsystem. ThefirmhasreleasedaguidetotheFaceIDsystem,whichexplainsthatitreliesontwotypesofneuralnetworks,oneofwhichhasbeenspecificallytrai

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

本期内容: Three out of four children under-five now has access to a tablet, smartphone or computer, according to a study. Voice-recognition gadgets such as Apple's Siri and Amazon's Alexa were also said to be increasingly popular with the age g

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Justice Scalia's opinion is questionable for two reasons. 他的论点有待商榷,原因有二 First, no real sports fan would talk that way. 首先,没有哪个真正爱好运动的人会说出那样的话 If we had thought that the rules of th

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇