PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Paul Robeson Pt. 1 By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Sunday, January 04, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the V-O-A Special English pro

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

Islamists Show Solidarity in Massive Egypt Rally Tens of thousands of Egyptians supporting a variety of political movements rallied on Cairo's Tahrir Square Friday. The groups don't necessarily agree on what kind of country to build in the wake of th

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

Roy wanted to visit Egypt two years ago. But while he was checking out different tour packages, an airplane crashed into the Atlantic. The plane was an Egypt Air flight from New York to Cairo. It had no sooner gotten airborne than it dove straight do

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – December 30, 2002: Adaptive Eyecare By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The World Health Organization estimates as many as one-thousand-million peop

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

CAIRO, Dec. 9 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's main opposition bloc, dubbed National Salvation Front, announced Sunday evening rejection of the constitutional referendum slated for Dec. 15, urging all its supporters to say No to the draft constitution. After a le

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Studies: How Whales, Fish Might Adapt To Warming Ocean Two new science studies provide a glimpse of how some important Pacific Ocean sea creatures could adapt to a changing climate. One study describes how gray whales successfully adapted to previous

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Experts Fear Afghanistan 'Zero Option' May Have Repercussions Afghanistan suffered from a bloody civil war in the 1990s. While different Afghan factions fought for the control of the country, analysts say nearby countries like Pakistan, India and Ira

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

US Weighs Military Options for Syria Chemical Weapons The options being considered include bombing weapons sites and even the possibility of arming rebels. In any scenario, there are no easy or quick solutions, leading Defense Department officials to

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

A: Hello, I have an appointment for an interview today. B: Great, have a seat. Would you like some tea or coffee? A: Id love some. B: The coffee area is right over there. Please help yourself. A: Thank you. What a beautiful view from this office! B:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: Good morning. I have an interview scheduled this morning. B: The interviewer will be with you in a moment. Would you care for some water? A: Yes, that would be great. B: Just help yourself to whatever you would like from the table in the waiting a

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: Hi, I am here for my job interview. B: Fine, have a seat. May I get you some water or coffee? A: Sure, thank you. B: Ill get that for you right now. A: Thank you. What a nice office this is! B: Yes, could you come in now? I am going to take you ba

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

By Peter Fedynsky Washington 06 January 2006 watch Corruption report One of Washington's most powerful lobbyists, Jack Abramoff, pleaded guilty to corruption charges twice this week, in Washington on

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Reverend Martin Luther King, Junior, Pt. 2 By William Rogers Broadcast: Sunday, January 23, 2005 ANNCR: People in America, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. (Th

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Reverend Martin Luther King Junior, Pt. One By William Rogers Broadcast: Sunday, January 16, 2005 ANNCR: People in America - a program in Special English on the Voice of America. M

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Cole Porter Pt. 2 By Rochelle Gollust Broadcast: Sunday, August 22, 2004 Rochelle Gollust ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with People

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

By Challiss McDonough Cairo 17 May 2006 Egyptian human rights groups say about 360 people have been arrested over the past three weeks in what many are calling the biggest crackdown on political disse

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

今天我们要学的词是corrupt。 Corrupt, 是腐败、堕落的意思。A corrupt official, 是一名腐败官员。A corrupt regime, 是一个腐败的政体。 你知道世界上最腐败的国家是哪些吗?Burma and Somalia were ranked th

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

California Winery Adapts to Changing Markets There are more than 5,000 wineries across the United States. California is the nations top wine-producing state, and vintners there are making their mark on the global market. A California winery with long

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

JERUSALEM, June 20 (Xinhua) -- Israeli(以色列) government Sunday announced moves to loosen its land blockade against the Gaza Strip, but said it will continue the naval lockdown on the Palestinian enclave. Following a security cabinet meeting(

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

CAIRO, Nov. 25 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's domestic divisions over a series of controversial presidential decrees continued to ferment as the nation's Judges' Club on Saturday called for a strike of all courts and prosecutors across the country. Morsi decide

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻