26 Writing a Letter of Inquiry GLOSSARY laid off fired; told that one no longer has a job * Hundreds of people were laid off and then the company decided to close thefactory. to pound the pavement to spend a lot of time walking along streets, especia

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之商务英语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: a lesson in complaining. RS: English teacher Lida Baker is with us from Los Angeles to discuss a topic suggested by one of our listeners, an English teacher in Iran. His students

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

CHAPTER THREE THE LETTERS FROM NO ONE The escape of the Brazilian boa constrictor earned Harry his longest-ever punishment. By the time he was allowed out of his cupboard again, the summer holidays had started and Dudley had already broken his new v

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(862) / 评论(0) 分类 哈利波特与魔法石

歌曲: Letter To Me 艺人: Brad Paisley 音乐星级: ★★★★ 所属专辑: 5th Gear 发行年代: 2007 风格: Country 介绍: 乡村歌手Brad Paisley于1972年10月28日出生在美国西弗吉尼亚州的Glen Dale,在他8岁的时候收到了祖父送给他的一把吉他,这成了他走进乡村音

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

AMERICAN STORIES - Short Story: 'The Purloined Letter' by Edgar Allan Poe BARBARA KLEIN: Now the Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. (MUSIC) Our story today is called The Purloined Letter. It was written by Edgar Allan Poe. Poe is generally kno

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

[00:00.00]3a Read the following letter. [00:04.96]Underlline the things Lin Mei likes. [00:08.32]Circle the things she doesn't like. [00:12.64]Dear Jane, [00:14.00]It's Tuesday,November 11. [00:16.89]I'm really busy. [00:18.68]At 8:00 I have math. [0

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 新目标初中英语七年级上

第49期:Mailing a Letter in the Post Office Y:I'd like to send this to Chicago. Y:我想把这封信寄到芝加哥去。 X:Air mail or surface mail? X:航空还是陆运呢? Y:Air mail,please. Y:航空吧。 X:Please put it on the Scale there.Sev

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 出国旅游口语一本通

Bill wrote this letter to Mary: Weve talked on the phone and in my apartment, and now I'm writing this letter. Maybe if I put my thoughts and feelings in writing, youll understand them better. I love you. I want to marry you. I want to be with you fo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

A valuable letter of reply A letter of reply is sometimes a most treasured thing.Here is a story that tells about this common and natural human sentiment1). The busiest woman in Labrador during one bitter cold Christmas not very long ago,was an

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

This is my letter to the world, That never wrote to me, - The simple news that Nature told, With tender majesty. Her message is committed To hands I cannot see; For love of her, sweet countrymen, Judge tenderly of me! Emily is writing a letter to the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Lulus mom gave Lulu a pencil. It was a yellow pencil. It was a number two pencil. It had a pink eraser. The eraser was small and round and pink. Lulus mom gave Lulu a piece of paper. It was a white piece of paper. There were blue lines on the white p

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

I was always a little in awe of Great-aunt Stephina Roos. Indeed, as children we were all frankly terrified of her. The fact that she did not live with the family, preferring her tiny cottage and solitude to the comfortable but rather noisy household

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

Letter Bomb Explodes at European Parliament; No Injuries Roger Wilkison A letter bomb sent to a top member of the European Parliament in Brussels exploded Monday in his office, but no one was injured.

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

Christopher wrote a letter to his sister. His sister lived in another city. His sister did not have a computer. Neither did he. His sister didnt like to use the phone. Neither did he. He wrote his sister a long letter. He told her the news in his lif

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic A Letter to the University President about the Canteen Service on Campus. You should write at least 100 words and you should base your composition on the outlin

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

Christopher wrote a letter to his sister. His sister lived in another city. His sister did not have a computer. Neither did he. His sister didn't like to use the phone. Neither did he. He wrote his sister a long letter. He told her the news in his li

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

This is my letter to the world, That never wrote to me, - The simple news that Nature told, With tender majesty. Her message is committed To hands I cannot see; For love of her, sweet countrymen, Judge tenderly of me! Emily is writing a letter to the

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

A Letter of Sympathy-一封慰问信 A Letter of Sympathy to the Parents of the Columbia Astronauts Dear parents of the Columbia astronauts. I am a student from X X Middle School in China. My name is Li Ming. I was very sorrowful when I learned from TV t

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

A New Zealand newspaper published a letter from Premier Li before his visit. The letter reviews the relationship between China and New Zealand, and introduces the main focal points of the visit. Expanding free trade is Chinese Premier Li Keqiang's to

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

A 3D-printed version of a 2nd gate at Tsinghua University is now appearing on the school's 2018 admission letter, reports China Youth Daily. The official Weibo account of Tsinghua University says a graduate, Guan Yulei from the Academy of Arts and De

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台