[00:04.20]没有从东方来的智者膜拜马槽 No wise men came from the east to worship at a manger. [00:07.83]我倒是做过点治疗 I did do a little healing [00:09.96]用我所学的东方医术 With some eastern medicine Id learned. [00:14.

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-这个男人来自地球

Indiana police are reporting a hostage crisis in the northwestern city of Valparaiso. According to the Associated Press, a gunman is holding an unknown number of people captive inside a real estate office. So far, there are no known injures. Local me

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Colin Lowther. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 The five-minute film begins with

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听和读

Thats what I saw last night, Benny told them, his eyes wide with excitement. Its Ogopogo, isnt it? Violet and Jessie had woken up Benny and Henry. Now they were all peering out of the bedroom window at the strange creature swimming by the dock. Im no

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 108 The Creature in Ogopogo La

good book 好书 fun book 有趣的书 very well written 写得很好 fast-pacing 节奏紧张 quick-editing 快速编辑 engrossing tale 引人入胜的故事 hard to put down 很难放下 resist the temptation to 抵制诱惑 read ahead 预读 reli

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 大忙人学社交口语

Topics: Famous Americans-The Fox Sisters; Famous Songs-I'm a Little Teapot; to lack versus to be short of versus to be shy of versus to be out of; to clean versus to wash; pronouncing Wh Words: spiritualism medium spirit fake code sance cult followin

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Task 2: Is it moral to clone humans? Script Laura: Did you hear about that peculiar cult that claimed to have created the worlds first human clone? Ian: Yeah, I did! They also said that it was aliens that created life on earth over 25,000 years ago.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Good morning. I'm Melissa Long here at the CNN center in Atlanta, with a look at some of the stories that are happening NOW IN THE NEWS. CNN has learned a presidential runoff between Afghan president Hamid Karzai and his main challenger Abdullah Abd

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(十)月

Criminal charges expected in that runaway balloon scare. Police searched the Colorado home of the Heenes yesterday, and the family claimed their giant weather balloon got loose on Thursday. At first there were fears that their young son was actually

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(191) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(十)月

Good morning, I'm Melissa Long here at the CNN Center in Atlanta. It's a Friday, October 16th. And here are some of the stories that are making news right now. Speculation is growing about whether Thursday's runaway balloon story in Colorado was a h

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(189) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(十)月

President-elect Barack Obama says his administration will undertake the largest public works program since the building of the interstate highway system back in the 1950s. The goal is to create millions of new jobs and bolster the sagging U.S. econo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

AS IT IS 2016-10-13 Trump's Numbers Falling After Video Fallout 侮辱女性视频导致特朗普支持率下降 Republican Party presidential nominee Donald Trump says that he is probably better off without the support of some members of his party.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Facebook CEO Denies False News Influenced US Election Facebook的CEO否认虚假新闻影响美国大选 Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has denied that untrue stories appearing on the social media site affected the results of the American president

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(234) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

英语学习笔记: April Fool's Day /All Fool's Day 愚人节 practical joke 恶作剧 hoax 骗局、恶作剧 spreading hoax 散布谣言 It's not a legal holiday, and its exact origins remain a mystery. 它不是法定节日,而且关于它的

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

As the Russia probe continues, President Trump and conservative media outlets are promoting two stories about Hillary Clinton that they say should be the real focus of an investigation. But what's the truth behind those allegations? Our William Brang

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Supernovae are significant to us in one other decidedly central way. Without them we wouldn't be here. You will recall the cosmological conundrum with which we ended the first chapterthat the Big Bang created lots of light gases but no heavy elements

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

JUDY WOODRUFF: The U.S. Senate took a hard look at airport safety today and two new accounts questioning the effectiveness of the Transportation Security Administration. MAN: This Senate hearing will come to order. JUDY WOODRUFF: The Senate hearing c

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

愚人节:April-Fool Day/April Fools Day 1. play jokes on sb. 玩耍,闹着玩,开(玩笑) April Fools Day is a day to play jokes on people. 愚人节是一个开人们玩笑的日子。 He likes playing jokes on others but he is very sensi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

It has been a good summer for seeing things in the sea. I told you about the whales in the Bay of Biscay in the last podcast, and this podcast is about sharks. In July, a man contacted a newspaper to tell them that he had seen a great white shark in

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

And now we get a Democratic perspective. We're joined on the telephone by Congressman Eric Swalwell of California. He serves on the House Intelligence Committee. Congressman Swalwell, your reaction to the news that President Trump has fired the direc

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列