These aren't miniatures, they are life-size. So far, the Chinese have only dug up 10% of the site. And already thousands of warriors and some 10,000 weapons have been discovered. Look closely at the f

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 万里长城

Throughout their long history, the Chinese have been farmers. If you are committed to your land, you stay put and accumulate possessions--land, livestock and homes that you fill with furniture and goo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 万里长城

It is a staggering 2,700 miles longer than the first Great Wall of the Emperor Qin. There is no wood, water or stone in the desert. But the Han managed to build a wall that has resisted 2,000 years of

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 万里长城

And many never returned home, ending up in graveyards like this one. Large tombs for generals, small ones for the soldiers, and all of them died defending the Great Wall. But the soldiers' misery did

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 万里长城

[00:00.42] 6.Great Expectations [00:03.79]Pete Rose, the famous baseball player, whom I have never met, taught me something so valuable that changed my life. [00:11.74]Pete was being interviewed in spring training the year he was about to break Ty Co

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 温馨夜读II

President Hatcher, Governor Romney, Senators McNamara and Hart, Congressmen Meader and Staebler, and other members of the fine Michigan delegation, members of the graduating class, my fellow Americans: It is a great pleasure to be here today. This u

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(449) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

These days(1) everybody seems to be trying to(2) save money. On the television, we hear about sales, discounts, and 'cash back'(3) on things that we buy. Most receipts now give opportunities to win money, or products. And the shops do the same. Have

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

With the Mongols expelled, the new rulers, the Ming emperors, were determined that an invasion would never happen again. And so in 1368, when Europe was being decimated by the Black Plague(黑死病, 鼠

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 万里长城

Swimming Is a Great All-body Workout From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle Report. When temperatures rise, many people swim to beat the heat. But swimming does a lot more than give relief from hot weather. It is a great workout for

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

The Great Wall is famous as the one of the miracles in the history, it attracts the people from all around the world to witness its greatess. But according to the research, the Great Wall is missing gradually, for it suffers the damage from both natu

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Great Event Teacher: What great event happened in 1809? Little Willy: Abraham Lincoln was born. Teacher: Correct. And what great event happened in 1812? Little Willy: Abraham Lincoln had his third birthday. 林肯过生日 老师:1809年发生了什么

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Lesson 117 A Great Many 1.I have a great many friends in America. 2.We have a great many things to do now. 3.He knows a great many people in this city. 4.He can read a great many English words. 5.I have been to Tibet a great many times. 6.There are a

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

白领英语晨读-146 No Great Man 伟人不在

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

英语作文 England is the best place I've ever been. Everything is so beautiful. I spent about one and a half days on the plane. When I arrived at Heathrow Airport in London, it was evening and the great trip was starting. There were many places I vis

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

A great life doesn't happen by accident. A great life is the result of allocating your time, energy, thoughts, and hard work towards what you want your life to be. Stop setting yourself up for stress and failure, and start setting up your life to sup

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Boys Like Girls的朋克风格因为旋律的流畅动听而跨越到了主流音乐范畴,几个大男孩们年轻肆意的嗓音让他们的歌听起来都洋溢着满满的活力。The Great Escape是Boys Like Girls的首张同名专辑中的一首

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

Great Changes in My Hometown I used to live in a small town with trees all around. There was no tall building and the only street was narrow. Just outside the town, there was a river. You can see different kinds of fish swimming in the clear water.

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

How to Get Your Morning Off to a Great Start Have you ever had one of those mornings where you woke up filled with energy and fired with enthusiasm, and got straight into your day? Chances are, you raced through a stack of work before lunch, and kept

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

8 Great Anti-Hacks to Change Your Life Editors note: This is a guest post from Clay Collins of Project Liberation and The Growing Life. Albert Einstein started that problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. Einstein,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Great是欧美人口头高频使用的单词,只要是同意的、赞成的事物,他们的回答都是great。即便你做事的结果差劲,他们也不吝开口,夸你一词:Great,棒极了。 【情景模拟】 A: I got two tickets. W

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语