A ghost! Benny breathed. Cool, said Corey in his loud voice. A real, live ghost in a ghost town. Get it? he asked Marianne as she poured water into his glass. The pretty waitress simply ignored him. By now her mother had returned from the kitchen wit

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 71 The Ghost Town Mystery

It its gone! exclaimed Benny. Everyone turned to him. Whats gone? Jessie asked. The number one on Buttercups bell! Benny was staring at the painting with wide, unbelieving eyes. Oh! Violet came up behind her little brother. Bennys right. The number o

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 98 The Mystery of the Runaway

Its the ghost. Its Joshua! Benny couldnt stop shrieking. Just as suddenly as he appeared, the ghost vanished with Henry chasing after him. Benny, Benny, calm down, Jessie said soothingly. She hugged Benny to her, while Violet buried her face in Jessi

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 67 The Mystery of the Stolen S

What just happened to the Dukes Dogs sign? Jessie said. I dont know, said Henry. But Im sure Mr. Duke isnt happy. Look, there he is now, said Violet. He just walked through the front gate. Mr. Duke wasnt just unhappyhe was angry. The children watched

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 116 The Ghost at the Drive-In

The porch swing creaked as Benny and Violet rocked back and forth in it. Curled in the corner, Watch yawned. It was late, long past dinner, on the last night of the Aldens visit to Elbow Bend. Mrs. Wade had made another special dinner, almost as good

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 81 The Mystery of the Midnight

A special ghost! Benny breathed, awestruck. Tell us about it! Lets have dessert first, Jocelyn said. Everyone helped clear the table while Gwen brought in dishes of chocolate pudding with whipped cream. Years ago, Jocelyn said, radio stations put on

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 97 The Radio Mystery

Six-year-old Benny Alden stood outside his house in Greenfield, watching the moon rise. An owl hooted. Oak and maple trees rustled in the wind, and a few raindrops sprinkled Benny on the nose. Benny shivered. In the moonlight, his front yard looked s

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 67 The Mystery of the Stolen S

Look! It looks just like a dinosaur! Six-year-old Benny Alden pointed out the window of the car. Henry, Jessie, and Violet Alden looked where their younger brother was pointing, and Watch, their dog, sat up and put his paws on the edge of the window.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 81 The Mystery of the Midnight

Ghost finder? Violets voice squeaked in spite of herself. You catch real live ghosts? Benny asked excitedly. But theres no such thing as a ghost. Is there, Grandfather? Jessie demanded. No. Of course not, Grandfather answered. Im not a ghost catcher

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 81 The Mystery of the Midnight

The valley green was so serene In the middle ran a stream so blue... A maiden fair, in despair, once had met her true love there and she told him... She would say... Promise me, when you see, a white rose you'll think of me I love you so, Never let g

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

I keep going to the river to pray 我 不停在河边祈祷 'Cos I need something that can wash out the pain 因为祈求可以洗掉我的痛苦 And at most 用尽全力 I'm sleeping all these demons away 我与一些梦魇同眠 But your ghost, the

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Last week, we discussed one problem for medical journals: the question of authorship. You would think that all the scientists who took part in a research study would be listed as authors. But that is

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

Fake Tanks, Ghost Army Helped Defeat Germans During WW ll Elaborate ruse In March 1945, after months of bitter fighting, the Germans had retreated behind the Rhine River, their natural frontier, to mount their final defense. For the Germans, the view

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: The low-budget movie A Ghost Story stars Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara. The film, shot for a hundred thousand dollars, was made quickly and in secret just days after Director David Lowery finished the Disney film Pete's Dragon. C

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

About America's Past play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0000:00repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Colin Dickey h

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: A stranger in the mind of an 11-year-old boy named Marcus gestures at an abandoned old home and tells him, people who go in don't always come out. Now, do you think that'll keep that boy away from the house they call Grief Cottage?

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

GUY RAZ, HOST: So for an episode about what's true and what's not, we thought we'd end the show with a ghost story. CARRIE POPPY: I was living in Sherman Oaks, which is a suburb of LA. RAZ: This is writer Carrie Poppy. POPPY: In a tiny guesthouse off

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

今天我们要学的词是ghost writer。Ghost writer 代笔作者,捉刀人。Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is taking heat for hiring Marc Thiessen, who vocally supports enhanced interrogation techniques, as his ghost writer. 威斯康辛州长沃

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

3PlayerPiano Outside,thesadtuneplayedon. Itscomingfromthere,saidAnnie. ShecrepttowardabuildingthathadasignwiththewordHOTELonit.Jacklimpedafterher. Annieslowlypushedopenaswingingdoor.Theypeekedinside. Thefadingdaylightlitapianointhecorneroftheroom

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 圣诞欢歌.A.Christmas.Carol