13 Believing in Scary Things GLOSSARY Halloween a holiday celebrated each October 31st when children wear specialclothing and knock on doors to ask for candy, and when the spirits (ghosts) ofdead people are thought to be present * Last year, Adele wa

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之餐饮娱乐

When the Aldens came downstairs the next morning, a pancake breakfast was waiting for them. Aunt Jane was having a cup of coffee and reading the paper. She looked up as the children came into the room. Youre not going to believe whats in the paper, s

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 112 The Ghost in the First Row

It was after midnight when Benny awoke to the sound of thunder. He slid out of bed and tiptoed across the room to shut the window. As he peered out into the rainy night, something caught his eye. Was that the beam of a flashlight sweeping back and fo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 112 The Ghost in the First Row

The next morning, as the Aldens walked toward the Elbow Bend State Park visitors center, they saw Dr. Sage and Brad. Henry and Jessie had told Violet and Benny about the scientist, and Lainey and Kate Frances had promised to introduce them. But the t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 81 The Mystery of the Midnight

Golden sunlight poured into the Crows Nest as the Aldens awakened. Jessie tiptoed to the big windows to feel the sun. She opened the doors that led to the widows walk. Mmm, fresh sea air. Do you see any land yet? Henry joked. I dreamed we were on a l

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 39 The Ghost Ship Mystery

The Aldens woke up early. The storm had moved on, and sun filled the house as they ate the breakfast of cold cereal and bananas and drank the milk Mrs. McGregor had packed. They tried the phone and were happy to find it was working again. There isnt

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

When the children reached home, they all went into the den and sat down. You know, Jessie said, I wonder whether Mr. Farley is deliberately trying to scare us. He talks about the ghost so much. Why would he want to scare us? Violet asked. I have no i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

Adrienne, The United States speaker Do I believe in ghosts? Yes, I think I do. I struggle with it, but I actually think I lived with one time. There were a lot of really strange events happening in this house where I lived and my roommates and I were

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

经典语境背诵 Dad:My wife often complains that Ive become more and more impatient after the wedding. You know, I am always very busy and my carelessness just makes it worse. But I do care a lot about my family. I am a very responsible person t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Just across the road by the cherry trees, 路旁的果树下面乱草丛生, Some fallen white stones had been lying so long, 曾经有人死在那里, Half hid in the grass, and under these, 草里埋着乱石, There were people dead. I could

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Shabby:Eddie, why are we at this scary-looking mansion? Its like, ultra spooky! Eddie: I told you already, Shabby, the owner of the house says there is a ghost haunting his house so we have to go in and investigate. Scruffy:I dont like this! Wilma:

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

7 卷轴 杰克把权杖和他的笔记本、铅笔一起放进了背包。 他和安妮跟着幽灵王后向金字塔的深处走去,来到了一段阶梯跟前。 阶梯!杰克和安妮喊道。 幽灵王后飘忽地上了阶梯。 杰克和安妮

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Off in the trees, the distant scream of some frightened animal made him look up. His mare whinnied nervously. 远方的树林里传来动物的受惊尖叫,他立刻抬头,母马也不安地哼着。 Had his wolf found some prey? 是他的狼找到

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Hamlet, Prince of Denmark 王子复仇记 This is the sad story of Hamlet, young Prince of Denmark, whose father died two months before the story begins. Hamlet' s father was King of Denmark and Hamle

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

She is, without a shadow of doubt, the most famous ghost at one of Britains most haunted sites. 灰女士无疑是英国众多闹鬼景点中最著名的一个。 But does this murky photograph show the fabled Grey Lady of Dudley Castle or something

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

-Much like Western culture's Halloween, some Eastern cultures celebrate a Fall festival where they believe the gates of hell are thrown open, releasing hungry ghosts to wander the earth in search of food and taking revenge upon those who wronged them

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

自从经济危机在美国开始以来,各大公司裁员的消息一直不断。被裁的员工失去了工作,侥幸留下来的也还得谨小慎微地行事,生怕成为下一拨离开的人。我们都知道公司里每个人的岗位和工

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

GIRL:Why dont we play a game?I know you like them. MOTHER:Everybody likes games.What kind of game would it be? GIRL:A exploring game.A finding things game. MOTHER:And what is it youd be finding,Coraline? GIRL:My real parents. MOTHER:Too easy. GIRL:An

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Life at Castle Black followed certain patterns; the mornings were for swordplay, the afternoons for work. 黑城堡的生活有种固定的规律:早上练剑,下午干活。 The black brothers set new recruits to many different tasks, to learn w

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

释义: stop somebody (something) 让停止 stop 后面接上名词,即 stop something 表示使停止,停下, stop somebody 表示阻止某人的行动使某人停手。 例句: Please stop the fighting! 请别吵了! We couldn't stop th

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(291) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语