President Obama's Farewell Address to the Nation (January 7, 2017) 奥巴马总统将发表告别演讲(2017年1月7日) Since the days of George Washington, presidents have delivered some form of final message while in office a farewell address to t

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

My hearts in the Highlands, my heart is not here; My hearts in the Highlands a-chasing the deer, A-chasing the wild deer, and following the roe①, My hearts in the Highlands wherever I go. Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North, The birthp

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(221) / 评论(0) 分类 傲慢与偏见.Pride.and.Prejudice

Benedict Bids Farewell; Cardinals Face A Difficult Choice Pope Benedict is bidding farewell and preparing for the time when he will no longer lead the world's 1.2 billion Catholics. But Vatican officials say that as pope emeritus he will still wear a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Lesson 85 a curious coincidence 奇妙的巧合 album 相册,签名簿 coincidence 巧合 contribute 捐助,援助 contribute towards 为捐助 devote 致力于 devote oneself to 致力于 do not matter 没有关系 encouragement 鼓励 farewell 告

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册单词MP3

电影词典 period film 古装片 美国俚语 剧中:Just take it easy! take it easy : 放轻松 e.g. The doctor told me to take it easy and get lots of rest. 医生告诉我要放轻松,多多休息。 经典对白 1.剧中:I'd like to pro

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 听动感英语学口语

图片1 ware n. 陶器,器皿 例句:The shop sells a great variety of ware. 这家店铺出售品种繁多的瓷器。 aware adj. 知道的,明白的,意识到的 例句:Are you aware that you are sitting on my sister's hat? 你知道你坐在

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

The speech at the farewell party Ladies and gentlemen, I have the honour to speak on behavior of my schoolmates at farewell party for Ms White. Ms White came to work in our school from Australian in Sep 2000.In the past three years, she has always be

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 高考英语作文高分必备

By Peter Heinlein United Nations 19 September 2006 Secretary-General Kofi Annan opened the annual U.N. General Assembly debate with a grim assessment of world progress during his 10-year term in office. ---- Kofi Annan opens his last U.N. General As

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

The U.S. military has paid its formal farewell to President George Bush, as he prepares to step down as commander-in-chief. Representatives from all branches of the armed forces took part in a ceremony honoring the president at an army base near Was

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

U.S. President George Bush defended his record in office and wished his successor well as he went before reporters for a farewell news conference. President Bush talks to reporters during White House press conference, 12 Jan 2009 At times nostalgic,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

North Korea Bids A Snowy, Dramatic Farewell to Kim Jong Il Snowy streets and wails of grief dominated the live broadcast from North Korea state television Wednesday, as the reclusive state bid farewell to its absolute leader, Kim Jong Il. Internation

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Tonight in Chicago, President Barack Obama will follow a tradition that dates back to America's first president - the farewell address. NPR White House correspondent Tamara Keith has this look at how past presidents have used thi

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

John Wilkes Booth was never brought to trial. A few days after the shooting, his hiding place was discovered. He was shot to death trying to escape. Booth thought what hed done was noble and heroic. However, all over the nation, people mourned the de

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

跟自己深爱的人在机场道别已经成为电影中著名的场景。 Listen Read Learn Farewells are always something that tears at our hearts. These make us wish that we would never have to go through with these painful events. Saying goodbye to a loved one at the a

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

By Dan Robinson Capitol Hill 15 November 2007 The longest-serving Republican speaker of the House of Representatives gave his formal farewell to Congress on Thursday. Dennis Hastert presided over the House for nearly a decade, a period that included

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

Today, 21 dead pilot whales were buried on a beach near the town of Coromandel. Another 42 whales managed to swim back out to sea. 63 whales were stranded on the beach about 6am this morning. Most of them were female whales with babies. By the time t

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

t's been such a brilliant year to be in my home, the UK. And so I have to send the royals off on this trip if I'll be fitting to be part of the farewell for them. So I was really very honored to be asked and happy that I could put in the schedule. Th

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

When President Reagan left office in January 1989, no one could be sure if his policies had succeeded. But before the year was out, the Berlin Wall came down. A three-ton section of the wall was sent to Reagan as a gift. It stands today at his presid

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

周评--煎饼果子国家标准天津造 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm Wuyou --World No Tobacco Day: Bidding farewell to cigarettes once and for all --Teacher let student fall a

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Broadway actress Carol Channing died today. She was 97 years old. Kim Kokich has this appreciation. KIM KOKICH, BYLINE: Carol Channing's trademark platinum-blonde hair framed a face that always seemed to be smiling. Her wide-eyed,

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月