At least 73 people have been killed in a road accident in Afghanistan. That's according to health ministry spokesman Ismail Kawoosi. On Sunday, two buses collided with a fuel tanker on a highway in the central province of Ghazni, causing a massive ex

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Good morning! Residents in Victoria, New South Wales and the ACT are in for more wildwinds today. The damage from yesterdays destructive storms have led to big clean-up operations. Emergency services in Victoria will remain on standby with another ca

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2009年

NATO has now taken full control of military operations in Libya. The battle has moved decisively in the rebels favour. Theyve now recaptured another four coastal towns as Colonel Gaddafis troops flee from coalition air strikes. Rebel forces are movin

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

A suicide bomb has killed three of President Assad's top defense officials in Damascus. They include the Syrian president's brother in law and the country's defense minister. The United States says the bombing shows President al-Assad is fast losing

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Colin Lowther. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 The five minute film begins with

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight program. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Rachel Hobson. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Hi this is Bob Jones from the UK, a host of the Beijing Hour at China Radio International. This is second time round for me to experience the Spring Festival, Lunar New Year here in China. Last year I really didn't know what to expect - and maybe tha

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

文本: S:Morning! Oh, how are you feeling? H:I...I didn't sleep very well. S:Oh, that's a shame.Shall I make us some coffee? Oh, look, you've got damp! H:Listen, last night...Why did you say you hadn't seen anything? I mean, I only saw the

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

An inquest is a court which tries to find out the cause of death after an accident or violent death. A coroner is the judge in this court. Yesterday, the chief coroner held an inquest in Greymouth to find out the cause of death in the Pike River Mine

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

本文看点 凯利发表的《新经济之新规则》一书提示了网络经济中取得成功的丰富法则 ――力量来源于丰富(Power comes from abundance), 这与传统的物以稀为贵(Value comes from scarcity)恰恰相反。一些明智

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 午后咖啡

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Learning From a Volcano, 25 Years After Mount St. Helen's Exploded By Paul Thompson and Nancy Broadcast: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

This is AP News Minute. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton trade sharp barbs Thursday night during the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner in New York. Trump took several swipes at Clinton, sparking rare boos at the charity event meant to

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(十)月

Thousands of pilgrams from all over the world gathered at the Vatican ahead of the historic canonization of Pope John Paul II and Pope John XXIII. The current pontiff, Pope Francis, will declare them both saints in a service on Sunday. An explosion l

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(五)月

芝加哥一水回收厂发生爆炸 This is AP News Minute. A hearse carrying Senator John McCain's casket arrived at the north Phoenix baptist church for a public memorial service. Inside, he was eulogized as a true American hero and a terrible dri

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(九)月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Eight years ago today, an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig killed 11 people and led to a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The accident prompted big changes in how the country regulates offshore drilling. No

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

At least five people have been killed in an explosion at a rebel-held local administration building in Ukraine's eastern city of Lugansk. Leaders of the self-proclaimed Lugansk People's Republic say a fighter jet attack is possibly behind the explosi

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

Despite international mediation efforts, the casualty figures from the Israeli incursion into Gaza are continuing to rise. Another 8 Palestinian children and two adults have been killed in an explosion in a public garden in northern Gaza amid the end

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

Terrorists stepped up their attacks inside Iraq Monday, setting off explosions in Baghdad and Mosul that killed at least 33 people. Edward Yeranian has more on the latest violence in this report from Cairo. Iraqi security personnel secure the site o

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

By Stefan Bos Budapest 08 June 2008 At least 37 miners in Ukraine were trapped underground following a powerful explosion during maintenance work at a coal mine in the eastern city of Donetsk. Officials say the blast destroyed the main shaft of the

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

A suicide bomber has killed at least 28 people near Iraq's police academy in Baghdad. The attack occurred as the United States and Britain announced major troop reductions by September. 巴格达一所警察学院附近发生自杀炸弹袭击,导致

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年3月