01 Working on Commission GLOSSARY sales the field and profession of persuading people to buy something * Melissa makes 10-20 sales calls per week, but usually only one or two peoplewant to hear about the products shes selling. to make a bundle to ear

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之商务英语

Translating a Document Francine: Do you know the word in Mcquish for partnership? Aziz: No, I dont speak Mcquish. What are you doing? Francine: Jim gave me this letter and this document to translate into Mcquish because I speak a little of it, but ev

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之商务英语

Reading an Obituary Ivy: This is so sad! Stephan: What is? Ivy: Im reading the obituary for one of my favorite actors as a child, Mr. McBoo. He had quite a life. Stephan: Oh, yeah? Ivy: Yeah, and this article has really done him justice. Its a nice t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之日常生活

20 Sharing With Others GLOSSARY to share to let someone else use or have part of what one has * I accidentally left my lunch at home today. Would you please share your lunchwith me? to divvy up to divide items into two or more groups; to decide how s

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

06 Working in a Laboratory lab laboratory; a place where scientists and engineers work, conductingexperiments and tests* Students have to wear protective eyeglasses whenever they go into the lab. colleague co-worker; a person whom one works with, usu

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

09Using Unfair Influence GLOSSARY contract a legal agreement between two or more parties who agree to providea product or service in exchange for money or something else* We have an appointment at 3:00 today to sign the new rental contract. to bid to

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

18A Mid-Life Crisis GLOSSARY mid-life crisis a period in a mans life when he becomes unhappy that he is growing older and does strange things to try to feel younger* When Brett went through his mid-life crisis, he bought a red Ferrari and tried todat

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

16A Traditional Wedding GLOSSARY wedding a ceremony that creates a marriage; a ceremony that makes twopeople married* They had a beautiful and very large wedding, with almost 300 guests. civil ceremony a wedding ceremony that is not religious; a wedd

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

25 Using the Copier GLOSSARY copier a photocopy machine; a copy machine; a machine that makes a copy of the text or image on a piece of paper so that it appears on another piece of paper * Can your copier make color copies or only black and white cop

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之商务英语

07Surfing the Internet GLOSSARY to surf the web to browse or navigate the internet; to spend time visitingwebsites* How many hours do you spend surfing the web each day? Big Brother the idea that the government, large companies, or individuals arewat

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之商务英语

Being Rescued Irma: Do you really think well be rescued? Its been six hours and Im losing hope. Bert: Its hard to say. Im sure search and rescue teams are looking for us as we speak. Irma: But what if they dont come in time? We didnt bring any provis

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之日常生活

Donny: Come on, we need to buy our subway tickets at that ticket machine. Cayla: Why cant we just get them at the ticket window? Im not sure what the fare is. Donny: Theres a long line and we need to catch a train right now. Cayla: Ive never taken th

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

11 Calling in Sick to Work GLOSSARY fed up very frustrated with something; very tired of doing something and notwanting to do it anymore* Im fed up with hearing you two argue all the time! Why cant you just befriends? to call in sick to call ones sup

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

17 Types of Business Entities GLOSSARY tax accountant a person who helps many clients record their financialtransactions and fill out forms for paying taxes * Tax accountants have to work a lot of hours in March and April right beforetaxes are due, b

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之商务英语

Getting Over a Fight Alisa: Dont be mad. Sabir: Im not mad. Alisa: Yes, you are. Im sorry. I admit it was my fault. Will you stop moping now? Sabir: Im not moping. Im giving you the silent treatment. Alisa: I knew it! Youre still peeved at me. What c

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

07 Going to a Spa GLOSSARY this is the life a phrase used when one is very happy and relaxed, enjoyingoneself very much, and wishing one could do that particular activity all the time,every day * Ah, this is the life! I wish we could eat like this ev

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

03Getting Revenge GLOSSARY short-tempered easily gets angry; gets angry for no reason* Im sorry I was so short-tempered this morning, but I got some bad news andwas upset. Even so, I shouldnt have yelled at you. to jump down (ones) throat to be angry

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之就医和人际交往

Getting a Flat Tire Jaloliddin: What is that thumping noise? Minisa: I don?t hear anything. Jaloliddin: I think you have a flat tire. Minisa: The left rear tire has a slow leak, but I just inflated it the last time I was at the gas station, so I?m su

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Having Bad Credit Alisha: This is the second time Ive been turned down for a credit card in a month. I dont know what Im doing wrong. James: Have you checked your credit report recently? Maybe you have a bad credit rating. Alisha: I have a full-time

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之日常生活