Cover-up, connivance, concealment were found in the Catholic Church and in its relationship with the authorities who should have been investigating allegations of child abuse. The church was seen as being above the law, putting its own reputation bef

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 cnn2009年(十一)月

Im totally hopeless with money. Ive never really understood things like investments. I should be more interested in investments because I know Ill get more money. I find everything very confusing. I never know what to invest in. Some of my friends in

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

文本: ANYA: You'll be back soon Jones.Just keep going.I'm preparing the debrief rooms now.How's Priboi holding up? JONES: Don't worry - he's fine and he'll talk. EKK: This is Russian air control - you are now entering _(1)_ air space,direct your

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

I want to tell you a secret that will __________1_________ that life can offer. Have courage and be kind. She'll merely be your step-mother. And you'll have two lovely step-sisters to keep you company. So I'll know, as far away as I may be, that you'

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

Daniel:I hope my mother wasn't too hard on you the other day. Emily:I don't scare too easily. Does she interrogate all of your dates? Daniel: Yeah. My mom's notreally a hands-off kind of person. Well, at least she got rid of her liedetector. Kidding.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Human beings used to be he hesitated; the blood rushed to his cheeks. Well, they used to be viviparous. 人类以前就是他犹豫了,血往面颊上涌,胎生的。 Quite right. The Director nodded approvingly. 很对。主任赞许地点点头。

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

The day I went missing...was the day I died. 我失踪的那天,也是我死去之日 Five years in hell forged me into a weapon, which I use to honor a vow I made to my father, who sacrificed his life for mine. 五年地狱般的生活将我打造成

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

A U.S. military satellite detected a heat flash at the time a Russian jetliner crashed over the Sinai Peninsula last weekend, authorities said Tuesday, but the cause of the accident remains a mystery. Authorities have ruled out the possibility that a

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. An insurgent group has posted this video online and says it shows a US helicopter being shot down in central Iraq, while the clip has not yet been authenticated. Four US copters have gone down in Iraq in recent weeks. 2. President Bush's 2.9 tril

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

YAN'AN, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) -- The identity of 26 people, who were killed in a bus-tanker collision in northwest China's Shaanxi Province on Sunday, have been confirmed, the local government said Tuesday. DNA testing has been completed for all of the cr

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是survivor。 Survivor幸存者。A cancer survivor, 癌症存活者;a plane crash survivor, 坠机事件的幸存者,a Holocaust survivor, 纳粹大屠杀的幸存者。The last survivor of the Titanic died Sunday at the

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Air France tail section recovered 法航飞机尾部复原 A Brazilian search team has recovered a large tail section of the Air France jet that crashed a week ago over the Atlantic with 228 people on board. The Brazilian military released photos of divers

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是unprecedented。 Unprecedented是指前所未有,闻所未闻。联合国日前批准派遣两万六千人的维和部队进入达尔富尔地区。联合国秘书长潘基文称这次维和行动是历史性的和空前的

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

BEIJING, Feb. 24 (Xinhua) -- A Foreign Ministry spokesman said Friday that the Chinese Embassy in Buenos Aires will closely follow the developments in a recent train crash in Argentina that claimed the lives of dozens of people, including one Chinese

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON, Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- Two people were killed and another two were injured after a helicopter crashed into a construction crane near Wandsworth Road, south of River Thames in central London earlier on Wednesday. Two people confirmed dead at scen

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. The United States loses out in its bid to host the World Cup in 2022. The tiny Middle East nation of Qatar got the nod. President Barack Obama said the soccer body making the call made the wrong decision. Russia will host in 2018. 2. In Connecticu

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十二月)

1. Crews have stopped drilling the relief well that's intended to permanently plug BP's broken Gulf oil well. That because a strengthening tropical depression is bearing down on the site. Crews have about 15 feet left to drill, but officials say the

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(八月)

They got on the plane. He said, Don't be so nervous. Air travel is 200 times safer than car travel. She said, I dont care if it is 200 times. It only takes one time. Besides, we're flying over the Pacific. I can't swim. He said, Swim? Ha! One, if we

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Class again. Living with Lit was doing a composition, and most of them were bent sweatily over their papers, putting their thoughts grimly down on the page, as if chopping wood. All but three. Robert Lawson, sitting in Billy Stearns's seat, David Gar

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(199) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

LONDON, Nov. 07 (Xinhua) -- Tour de France champion and Olympic gold medallist Bradley Wiggins was hit by a car while riding near his home, police said on Wendesday. Wiggins was sent to hospital after the accident. The 32-year-old was thrown off his

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻