[00:09.95]Six weeks ago, the movie Erin Brockovich opened the United States. [00:16.95]So far, it has earned at least 100,000,000 dollars. [00:22.47]It tells a true story about a young woman who helped people in a California town gain money from an e

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 标准美语发音的13个秘诀 CD4

> 08 新型塑胶制品的应用 DATE=3-1-01 TITLE=SCIENCE REPORT- Self-Healing Plastic BYLINE=Mario Ritter (Start at 59

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. The United States has urged China to accept new safety rules for its food and drug exports. American officials said the rules would include a new list of Chinese exporters. Agriculture Secretary Mi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(五)月

Cambridge 8 TEST 4 1. middle-year education=lower secondary school 中学2. format=pattern n.格式 3. less successful student=struggler 差等生4. key=contributing factor=important=major=significant=critical n.关键5. achievement=attainment=progre

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

污染物 aerosols气溶胶 / 气雾剂 agricultural wastes农业废物 asbestos石棉 commercial noise商业噪音 composite pollution混合污染 dioxins二恶英 hazardous substances危险物质 hazardous wastes危险废物 heavy metals重金属 h

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Russia may completely destroy its chemical weapons this year, a Russian disarmament official said last Monday. 俄罗斯裁军部一名官员上周一透露,该国今年或将全面销毁化学武器。 'If we move at current pace and there are no

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hi,I'm Carl Verzius. This is CNN student news. We are starting this week with terrorist attack in the shopping mall that turned into hostage situation.This happened in east Africa nation of Kenya, and capital city of Nairobi.The west gate shopping ma

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(十月)

JUDY WOODRUFF: So, can the U.S. and Russia, who have been at loggerheads for years over Syria, come to an agreement? For some answers, I'm joined by Angela Stent. She's director of the Center for Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies at Georget

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

RAY SUAREZ: For more on the possible chemical attack, I'm joined by Jeffrey White, a former senior analyst at the Defense Intelligence Agency, now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, and Amy Smithson, a senior fellow at the James Martin

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: A few drips of good news greeted residents of West Virginia today, but the fallout from last weeks chemical spill is far from over. There's finally relief for some of the 300,000 West Virginians who've been unable to drink, cook or eve

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

China has dispatched three military helicopters to Nepal to help with rescue and relief missions, as it pledges to continue to support its neighbor. China has already sent 186 tonnes of relief supplies, while a 70-strong chemical defense unit is work

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

Syria A step too far 叙利亚 偏离正轨 If Bashar Assad really has used chemical weapons on his own people in a big way, America must intervene 如果巴沙尔阿萨德真的对其子民大规模使用了化学武器,美国必须干涉了。 Au

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

模仿文本: America and Russia are engaged in serious negotiations aimed at getting rid of President Assad's chemical weapons and preventing a US-led attack on his regime. The diplomatic pressure seems to have had an impact already. The UN has an

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

I'm Asieh Namdar at the CNN.com Newsroom in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Hurricane Gustav is beginning its assault on the US Gulf Coast. Rain and winds are starting to hit the area from Florida to Louisiana. The storm,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(九)月

Rachel Carson (1907-1964) was a pioneer of the global environmental movement through her writing about conservation. Her 1962 book Silent Spring made her famous. It describes the harmful effects on the environment of using toxic chemicals on farmland

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I know we don't need anyone, anyone Here in the dark I feel my heart And we react like chemicals, chemicals Here in the darkness I feel my heart race Oh when we lock eyes Come with me don't kill the vibe

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Matches Striking matches, on this Moment of Science. Have you ever had a problem getting a match to light? If so, you might be using the wrong type of match. There are actually two different types of matches: safety matches and strike-anywhere matche

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition Libya's National Transitional Council becomes the legitimate holder of the country's seat at the United Nations. Eurozone countries' finance ministers begin talks in

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(392) / 评论(0) 分类 2011CRI中国国际广播电台

What was actually interesting to us was not that the bacteria made light, but when the bacteria made light. 事实上,我们感兴趣的部分并不是细菌会不会发光,而是细菌何时发光。 What we noticed is when the bacteria were alo

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Do cats eat spiders? Our answer? Yes, they do. And thats not all cats will eat. Cats, both domestic and wild, are obligatory carnivores, meaning that they dont have the chemical tools in their bodies to access nutrients from plants. So they have to e

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16