Today that sounds ridiculous. 今日这种说法听来荒唐 But two hundred years ago it didn't seem so unlikely. 但是两百年前还颇言之成理 It was widely believed that 当时一般人认为 the Earth was only a few thousand years old. 地球

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 太阳科普

1. There are growing fears the cholera outbreak in Haiti could soon spread to heavily populated urban areas. More than 200 people have died. At least five cases are reported in Port-au-Prince. Officials say the patients likely got sick before travell

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十月)

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Researchers Remember an Animal Who Knew American Sign Language By Brianna Blake, Soo Jee Han and Caty Weaver / Broadcast: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:00:00 UTC VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doug

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

Ever get a sour stomach after your morning coffee? Well, you might end up switching to a dark roastbecause that coffee concoction may leave you with a happier tummy. That's according to the research presented at the American Chemical Society meeting

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. I am Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Solar panels typically convert sunlight into electricity or heat. But photosynthetic vegetation converts sunlight into chemical energy. Now M.I.T.s Dan

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

Chinese medicine has been getting some props lately. A couple of recent studies have demonstrated the medical potential of traditional treatments. Part of the challenge of AIDS is that immune cells lose their ability to divide and thus their disease

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

Imagine Van Gogh's paintings of yellow sunflowers. Now imagine the flowers brown. Eh, not so good. Sadly, we may someday see what that would look like. Because the bright yellow paints on the canvas are slowly turning muddy. Now, an international tea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

In defense of science, truth Bi Xiaotian acquired a new habit recently. Every time he opens his web browser, he checks the entry of paraxylene (PX) on Baidu Baike. As one of the participants in correcting the Baidu entry in early April, the 22-year-o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

Battery 电池 A battery is a box of electricity. 电池是一盒电。 It stores chemical energy and this chemical energy changes into electricity. 它能储存可以转化为电能的化学能。 Can you name the things that need batteries? 你能列

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第7册

It's so obvious that it's practically proverbial. You can't unboil an egg. 很明显又众所周知的是。你不能把一个熟蛋变生。 Well, it turns out you can, sort of. 然而,其实在某种程度上你是可以的。 What thermal energy

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

No one knew about his principle, because Avogadro himself was a retiring fellow, he worked alone, corresponded very little with fellow scientists, published few papers, and attended no meetings but also it was because there were no meetings to attend

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

For most of us, the periodic table is a thing of beauty in the abstract, but for chemists it established an immediate orderliness and clarity that can hardly be overstated. Without a doubt, the Periodic Table of the Chemical Elements is the most eleg

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

HEALTH REPORT - Increasing Supplies of Malaria Drug Through Genetic EngineeringBy Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 I'm Shep O'Neal with the VOA Special English Health Report. Malaria

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(四)月

21 只有部分椰菜可以预防癌症 DATE=3-15-01 TITLE=SCIENCE REPORT - New Broccoli Study BYLINE=George Grow (Start at 58

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

If your hair is uber thick, curly, orfrizzy, or you're just not that into your texture, you might have consideredgetting your hair chemically straightened. But the pricey salon services haverecently come under fire for causing some super-scary side e

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

The scent of a new car can be enticing in showrooms, and even intoxicating in its appeal. Theres a good reason for that. That new car smell comes from an assortment of chemicals, some of which can be highly toxic. 展厅中的新车会散发出迷人的

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Science and technology 科学技术 Astrochemistry 天体化学 The great test tube in the sky 空中的大试管 Space is one big chemistry set 宇宙是一个很大的化学装置 MOST people think of the empty space between the stars as being, wel

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

奥巴马:世界不允许使用化学武器 WHITE HOUSE President Barack Obama says the world cannot stand by and permit any use of chemical weapons, and says the United States will work with international partners to vigorously investigate evidenc

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

now i don't know when it's hard to explain but it seems like things are kind of insane because the world is crying but nobody's listening so please leave a message on my cellphone i see bullets getting better biblical weather and the guy on tv is, li

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

LONDON, July 29 (Xinhua) -- By changing some particular brain chemicals lab mice would become hyperactive and sleep for just 65 percent of their normal time, according to a study released Wednesday by the Imperial College London. The chemicals, hista

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻