Hello, This is Richard and I am here with the next installment of our new series about Theo the Monkey. You may recall that in the previous story, a boy called Neet discovered a monkey in his garden. He fed him fruit. As the news was full of reports

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

INTEGRATING SKILLS Reading and writing During the first week of May I went on a holiday to Sichuan.First,I found some photos of interesting places which were not too far away from Chengdu.I decided to go and see the big Buddha in leshan and Mount Eme

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第一册课本听力

a turtle brought me enlightenment Life is good, really good. Sometimes I feel like the good karma train picked me up, and simply refuses to let me off. I have an amazing wife, a teenage son that makes me glow with pride, good health, a wonderful fam

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

VOA Learning English presents Americas Presidents. Today we are talking about William Howard Taft, who took office in 1909. In some ways, the story of Tafts presidency is also a story about Theodore Roosevelts presidency. Roosevelt had been president

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

If compassion is so good for us, 如果慈悲有益 why don't we train our health care providers in compassion 为什么我们不以慈悲培训保健服务的提供者 so that they can do what they're supposed to do, 这样他们各尽其职 which i

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

29. I can't follow you. 我没听懂。 用法透视 如果对方说话语速太快或内容艰深,你不太能跟得上,就用这句话告诉他吧。 支持范例 1. I can't follow you when you speak fast. 你说得太快了,我没听懂。 2. Hold it. I can't follow you. 等一等,我没听懂。 3. Do you

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

True Confessions Day is on March 15th. Were not really sure where it came from or how long it has been around. It seems a fun way to make your confessions and lose any guilty feelings you might have. How many bad things have you done in the past year

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

True Confessions Day is on March 15th. Were not really sure where it came from or how long it has been around. It seems a fun way to make your confessions and lose any guilty feelings you might have. How many bad things have you done in the past year

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

With her air of cultivated mystery, her almost incomprehensible Russian accent, and her outlandish behavior, Madam Blavatsky soon became one of the stars of the New York seance scene, revealing to her

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 遗失的大陆

The Meaning of Life The Meaning of Life is to L O V E.Someone told me I was crazy to try to describe the meaning of life. I replied that I'm not crazy to suggest we can understand the meaning of life; when you think about it, the signs are all aroun

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽英文

Chinese actress and producer Fan Bingbing joined the eight-member 70th Cannes Film Festival's jury chaired by Spanish director and screenwriter Pedro Almodovar, organizers said on Tuesday in a statement. 戛纳电影节组织方上周二在一则声明

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I say that, for thousands of years, 我说,在上千年的时间长河里, women have lived, 女性与观音, exemplified, met in intimacy, 有着密切的关系, the archetype of Avalokitesvara, 她们是在世的观音, of Kuan-Yin, 是观音

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Holy men like these penitents and hermits, were common in India 3,000 years ago, and there are still many there today. 3000年前,这样神圣的人、忏悔者和遁世者在印度有很多很多,今天也还有。 But one of them was different

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

The idea that came to him, his great Enlightenment, the solution to human suffering, was this: 他参透到的伟大的知觉,让人类摆脱苦难的思想,是这样的: if we want to avoid suffering, we must start with ourselves, because all

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(18) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

I can already hear you saying: That's all very well, but people can't help wanting things! The Buddha thought otherwise. 我已经听到你说的:说得不错。但是人们对自己的欲望是无能为力的呀。 释迦牟尼不这样认为。 H

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

世博英语:上海著名景点中英文对照 不夜城sleepless city 沧海桑田ups and downs of time 长江三角洲the Yangtze River Delta 磁悬浮列车maglev train (magnetically levitated train); magnetic suspension train 大都市metropoli

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Kandata was floating and sinking along with the other sinners in the Lake of Blood at the bottom of Hell. It was pitch black no matter which way he looked, and the occasional glimpse of light that he would see in the darkness would turn out to be jus

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

And yet Marcus Aurelius hated war. 不过马库斯.奥里利厄斯根本不喜欢战争。 He was a gentle, quiet man, a philosopher, who loved nothing better than reading or writing. 他是一个温和、安静的人,最喜欢读书和写书,他也

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

Attention, everyone. Max and I have a little late-night treat for you. 大伙们,注意啦。我跟麦克斯有深夜小礼物要给你们 Don't say it all excited like that. Now when it's not drugs, Earl's going to be pissed. 别用这种兴奋的语

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

Todd:Hello, Nitya. (Hi) How are you today? (Great) Now, Nitya, can you talk a little a bit about where are you from? Nitya: OK, I'm from India, the Northern part of India, and from a very small city, but the oldest one in India. It's considered a ver

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个