BBC: Genius of the Ancient World | 《英国广播公司:古代世界的天才》 第二集 Socrates 古代圣贤:苏格拉底 历史学家贝特妮休斯(Bettany Hughes)游历印度、希腊、和中国以追寻三位古代世界的哲学巨人

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2016年

BBC: Genius of the Ancient World | 《英国广播公司:古代世界的天才》 第二集 Socrates 古代圣贤:苏格拉底 历史学家贝特妮休斯(Bettany Hughes)游历印度、希腊、和中国以追寻三位古代世界的哲学巨人

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2016年

EXPLORATIONS - Nam June Paik Turned Video into an Object of Art Im Shirley Griffith. And Im Mario Ritter with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Nam June Paik is widely considered one of the first video artists. Today, video art is a rich and popul

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(一)月

When life gets rough 生活艰难时 What is, is 坦然接受现实 Buddha's famous saying tells us: It is your resistance to what is that causes your suffering. Think about that fora minute. It means that our suffering only occurs when we resist how

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

Connections May Help Ease Stress in Thai Cave In the mountains of northern Thailand, Ekapol Chanthawong developed a skill that may help him as he sits trapped underground in a cave: meditation. The 25-year-old and 12 members of a boys soccer team dis

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Im Shirley Griffith. MARIO RITTER: And Im Mario Ritter with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Nam June Paik is widely considered one of the first video artists. Today, video art is a rich and popular field in modern art. But in t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Most kids are on summer vacation from school right now, but the adults still have to go to work. Commentator Yvette Doss wishes she could split the difference between the two. Frankly, a lot of days I'd rather be doing nothing. I string up the hammoc

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(184) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

Nam June Paik Turned Video into an Object of Art Im Shirley Griffith. And Im Mario Ritter with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Nam June Paik is widely considered one of the first video artists. Today, video art is a rich and popular field in mod

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

This is AP news minute. 1. At the same time, Donald Trump spoke at a North Carolina's rally, denying allegation that he groped and kissed women without their consent. Another woman, this time a former Apprentice contest held a news conference, saying

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(十)月

1. A judge has sentenced convicted murderer Jodi Aria to life in prison without the possibility of release on Monday. Judge Sherry Stephens handed down the sentence and ended nearly 7-year-old case that attracted worldwide attention. 2. Senator Marco

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(四)月

Topic 1-The best and the worst of CCTV New Year's Gala 2017 The CCTV New Year's Gala this year has triggered thousands of netizens to comment on its best and worst performances. What are the highlights and the low points? Topic 2-Burning the first in

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Nepal air crash kills all 19 on board An airplane of Nepal's Buddha Air has crashed at Kotdanda of Lalitpur, leaving all the 19 passengers on board dead. The source of Buddha Air confirmed those killed in the crash include 10 Indians, one Japanese, t

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 Hourly News 每小时新闻

Topic1 Beijing may introduce congestion charge in 2015Beijing is to unveil plans for a low-emission zone and vehicle congestion charge by the end of the year, with the measures to come into effect as early as 2015. Environmental officials say they ar

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

An architectural marvel, the center of the Golden Global Pagoda in Bijapur India contains the worlds largest stone dome, built without any supporting pillars. The planned height of the structure is more than 315 feet. And with an inner diameter of ne

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

Even today,black-necked cranes are treated with reverence and are welcomed by farmers as they land in the fields around the villages.Here, they perform their elaborate sky pointing rituals.After the dignified business of parading,they begin to forage

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

-What a beautiful sight!Buddhism originated in India, but flourished in China for centuries, until China's drive for modernity in the early 20th century, and the rise of Communism resulted in the destructional conversion of hundreds of thousands of t

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

Consumerism is almost an ideology. I dont think it just necessarily here. Well, before, China used to be very poor and we didnt have enough food to eat, so you may imagine when people got rich. Of course, the first of the thing, people want to eat fo

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

When I came home from Japan I sent picture post-cards to all the Japanese school-boys who had given me their names. 我从日本回国后,就给那些想和我通信的日本男孩都寄了风景明信片。 I had chosen cards that I thought would

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Amid the desperate attempts by rescue teams to find anyone alive in the wreckage left by the Japan tsunami, survivors of the disaster are struggling to get by. Close to half a million people are estimated to be living in shelters, most sleeping on th

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年3月

Wendi: OK, so I want to talk a little bit about how you decided where to put your tattoos. Rina: You know, that is kind of spur of the moment. I will admit that. I'll just be thinking one day and I just want one there and that's where I plan my next

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂