Alaudeen was a small boy. He lived in a village in Persia. He played in the streets with his friends often. One day he met a stranger in the road, while he was playing. He said that he was his fathers brother. He had seen him as a small boy. So you d

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

A: I really want to make a salad. B: Do you know what kind of salad that you want? A: I'm not sure what kind that I want. B: I usually make a Caesar salad. A: Those taste really good. B: Which kind of salad are you going to make? A: I want a chicken

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: I really feel like eating a salad. B: What kind are you going to make? A: I'm really not sure. B: I really like Caesar salads. A: Caesar salads are pretty good. B: What kind of salad do you want to make? A: I want a salad with some chicken. B: I l

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

EXPLORATIONS – December 4, 2002: Galapagos Islands By Caty Weaver VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today, we t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

Thousands of years ago, there lived a King. His people loved him since he looked after their needs well. At the end of every month, he would invite some noble men of his Kingdom to analyze his work and advised him. The King built many things. Every y

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS -June 4, 2002: Malaria By Oliver Chanler VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Sarah Long with Science in the News, a VOA Special English program about recent deve

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – September 16, 2002: Vietnam and Malaria By Jill Moss 13 Sep 2002, 19:45 UTC This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The World Health Organization reports a malaria c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Malala Yousafzai, a Year After the Attack Malala Yousafzai遭受攻击一年之后 Welcome to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English. Im Avi Arditti. This week on our show, we have music from Lorde, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. We explain how a Som

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

SEOUL, May 4 (Xinhua) -- Samsung Electronics, the world's largest mobile phone maker, said Friday that it unveiled its third generation smartphone in the Galaxy series featuring the options of recognizing voice, face and motion. The Galaxy S3, runnin

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I get this feeling every year, the first days of winter Pull out that box of souvenirs, to read your old letters In that stack of memories, found a note you left for me It almost feels like you're still here I hear your voice in every word You told m

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Back in '41 you met a brown eyed boy who called you pretty He'd walk everyday a couple miles out of his way to hold your hand and keep you company Your mama said don't call it love at 14 But sitting on that front porch swing He gave you his picture i

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Todd: So, Jose, can you talk about the food in Ecuador? Jose: Yes, I was saying that the Andes is where potatoes and corn and many other kinds of food come, I mean, potatoes for example, that was so important for Europe, during the famine in Europe.

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: So, you were saying you went to Laos, you went to Thailand, by any chance did you go to Malaysia? Phil: Yeah, I spent, I spent some time in Malaysia. The first stop, we went there from Singapore, just taking a bus and we ended up in Malacca. St

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

She was the kind of girl that never quite fit in Holes in her shoes and freckles on her skin Every time she saw those school doors open wide Shed wanna turn around and run back home and hide Yeah yeah yeah, oh Got used to being stuck at the back of t

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Picked a wildflower off the side of the road You put it in my hair Two bare feet up on the dashboard Hands waving through the summer air Looking at you, looking at me With the wind strapped to our backs Flying as high as a bird in the sky Don't get m

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

今年美国偶像亚军Lauren Alaina也是一个唱功相当不错的姑娘,美偶现场翻唱了乡村歌手Kristy Lee Cook 的Like My Mother Does,她的这首目前在Billboard上冲到第20位。 Artist:Lauren Alaina Song:Like My Mother D

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

People always say / 人们总是说 I have a laugh / 我笑的时候 Like my mother does / 跟我妈妈一样 Guess that makes sense / 说的应该挺对 She taught me how to smile / 她教过我如何微笑 When things get rough / 好面对逆境 I'

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Let the light shine on my mama She's been worried about me And I can tell she's tired Walk my brother in a straight line I know hes only 16 But hes been playing with fire Give my grandpa a little peace and quiet I can feel the years of hard work in h

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

像妈妈一样:Lauren Alaina - Like My Mother Does 今年美国偶像亚军Lauren Alaina也是一个唱功相当不错的姑娘,美偶现场翻唱了乡村歌手Kristy Lee Cook 的Like My Mother Does,她的这首目前在Billboard上冲到第2

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Its about fifteen hundred miles to California, Theyll get there Friday if they leave tonight, She sneaks out at three thirty in the morning, Leaves a note so she wont see her daddy cry. He cuts the engine when he coasts in the driveway, She slides in

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(262) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐