AK-47之父去世享年94岁 MOSCOW, Dec. 23 (Xinhua) -- Mikhail Kalashnikov, designer of the famed Russian AK-47 assault rifle, died on Monday in his home city of Izhevsk, an industrial town 1,300 km east of Moscow, local media reported. We received

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

After spending her life at the bottom of the heap, Malavath Poorna has finally come out on top. 玛拉瓦普尔纳自出生起就生活在珠峰山脚下,现在她终于站在了山顶上。 The 13-year-old girl from India has become the youngest f

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

According to the Daily Mail, on August 16, Simon Cansick , a 47-year-old British citizen, got so fed up with the wrong weather forecasters from the national meteorological bureau that he decided to start predicting the weather using his own equipment

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

There were 222 million people aged 60 or above in China at the end of 2015, 16.1 percent of the total population, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said last Monday. 中国民政部上周一表示,截至2015年底,我国60岁及以上老年人口为2

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

As of today, Im retired from work and life. What do I mean? I mean that Ill no longer work or live life as conventional society deems me to. Ill no longer concern myself with monetary needs, societal statuses, creating a lifetime of achievements, mat

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

He may be younger than their children but one of Britain's brainiest children has been hired by a university to help adults with their sums. 最近英国一个非常聪明的孩子被一所大学聘用,让他教大人们计算--而他的年龄可能比

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Children can make some pretty lofty statements and grand promises. And an 8-year-old boy who promised to get his dad his dream car was no exception but then he actually made good on his word. 孩子们会许下重大承诺,一名8岁的男孩也不例

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Female? Check. Over the age of 27? Check! Single? All check! Well, in that case, congrats 'cause you officially win the title of being a leftover woman, or widely known as Sheng Nv(剩女) in China. In this society where women traditionally marry you

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

During your first years in the workforce, you can expect to have a huge learning curve not just about the details of your job, but about broader issues of how to manage your career and operate successfully in an office. How do you deal with difficult

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Lee Kuan Yew, the statesman who transformed Singapore from a small port city into a wealthy global hub, has died at the age of 91. The city-state's prime minister for 31 years, he was widely respected as the architect of Singapore's prosperity. 李光耀

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Nationwide is raising its age limit for people paying off mortgages by 10 years to 85, in the latest sign of the impact of rising house prices on buyers. 英国房价上涨的影响再显现:全英房屋抵押贷款协会近日将英国居民还清房

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

There is a lot that is annoying, and even terrible, about aging. The creakiness of the body; the drifting of the memory; the reprising of personal history ad nauseam, with only yourself to listen. 变老有太多恼人和糟糕的事情:身体变差,

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

It's no secret that men tend to see younger women as more attractive, but according to a graph based on data from OKCupid?dating profiles, women tend to be most attracted to men who are around their same age. But the case is drastically different for

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The story of Liu Minghui, an 8-year-old boy living in Ruijin, Jiangxi province, recently caught many people's attention after it was discovered that Liu can make about 10,000 wontons in a single day. 刘明辉是一个住在江西瑞金的8岁男孩,

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Life is filled with regrets. Ask anyone around you what their regrets are and they usually have no difficulty coming up with many items on their regret list。 And for some reason our twenties are ripe for a field of regrets. 人生总是充满遗憾。

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

We're all heard of fat cats, but Sprinkles here may be America's weightiest tipping the scales at an more than a shocking TWO STONE. 我们都听说过肥猫,但是这只名叫斯普林克斯的猫咪可能是全美最肥的它的体重比惊人的两

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Liu Lin, a sophomore at Chengdu University, made a big decision this August. She decided to taken her 93-year-old grandmother from their hometown and live with her in a rented room just off campus. 成都大学大二学生刘琳在今年8月份做出了

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

KANPUR: Swimming wonder Shraddha Shukla, popularly known as Nanhi Jalpari, will spread her clean Ganga message by covering 550-km distance between Kanpur and Varanasi in 70 hours. 为了呼吁大家保持恒河的干净,游泳奇人沙得拉舒克拉

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Life at age twenty seven is nothing what I envisioned when I was a child. I imagined by age twenty seven I would be in a serious relationship border line marriage, owning my own place, a successful career, being financially secure, and living life to

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

14岁澳洲可爱歌手Cody Simpson新单:All Day Cody Simpson97年出生,今年14岁,也是通过youtube而成名的。Cody的第一支单曲Iyiyi有推荐过哦,还记得么?点此回顾。小Cody的新单曲出来啦,欣赏一下吧~ A

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲