Sixty years ago, a shiny metal object fell from the sky in New Mexico and changed the city of Roswell forever. This once peaceful area is now a must-see tourist destination for all UFO lovers. This month, National Geographic Channel looks at Roswell

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 乐宁外教口语天天练

More Evidence of Iranian Regime Deceit For decades the Iranian regime claimed it had no interest in and no program for developing nuclear weapons. On April 30 Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu publicly presented a huge file of information ex

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(五月)

今天我们要讲的一个美国习惯用语是:The proof is in the pudding。Proof就是证明, pudding是西菜里的一种甜点,中文翻成布丁。 The proof is in the pudding,意思是说,这布丁好不好吃, 只有吃了以后才

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

A: Have you watched today's news? B: No, I haven't. What's going on? A: Did you hear about last night's blackout? B: Yes. The lights were out all night. A: Some people went looting because of the blackout. B: What do you mean? A: People decided to us

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

1. We have substantial evidence for lodging a claim. 我们有足够的证据提出索赔。 还能这样说: There are sound evidences for us to make a claim. It is proved evidently that we can register a claim. 应用解析: in evidence 显而易

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

A: This is Janet Smith in apartment 23. Can I speak to the apartment manager? B: Hi. How can I help you today? A: Well, my window facing the empty lot is broken. B: Oh, that's not good. What happened? A: I dont know. I wasn't home when it happened. B

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

必背句型: A:What's wrong with the justices? 法官怎么了? B:The justices were ordered to rehear the information. 法官被命令重新审理起诉。 The judge ordered the actions to be consolidated. 法官命令将诉讼合并。 The worker

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Astronomers: Evidence Found of First Stars Astronomers have observed what they believe is the formation of the universe 13.6 billion years ago, when the earliest stars were just starting to shine. The astronomers say their observations may also have

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

1)From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that从以上的讨论我们可以肯定地得出结论,即2)Taking all these factors into consideration. we naturally come to the conclusion that把所有这些因素加以考虑

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

1) From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that 从以上的讨论我们可以肯定地得出结论,即2) Taking all these factors into consideration, we naturally come to the conclusion that把所有这些因素加以考

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Three elderly Chinese patients who contracted bird flu prepare to leave a Shanghai hospital. According to state media,the men have maDe a full recovery with this man seen on Sunday.He felt in fine spirits. The news comes as the World Health Organizat

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2013年

希拉里因为FBI重新调查邮件服务器一事再度深陷大选危机,本该静观好戏的特朗普日前也被指设立邮件服务器和俄罗斯秘密联系,难道特朗普也要身陷邮件门了? In an election season where cybersec

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

London is one of the busiest financial centers of the modern world. And historians have revealed evidence that two thousand years ago, business deals were being struck on exactly the same spot. Archeologists have unearthed the oldest handwritten docu

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Topics: The Chicago Seven; American Authors - Horatio Alger; murderer versus killer versus assassin; ...and all; so forth and so on Words: defendant convention radical rally to incite a riot verdict intent rags-to-riches American Dream entrepreneuria

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

testimony n.[U]①证据,证词②表明 testify v.证实,作证 verify vi.证实,核实 certify v.①证明②发证书 certificate n.证书,证明书 concert n.①音乐会,演奏会②一齐

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

9. Could you fill out this form? 您能填一下这张表吗? 还能这样说: Please fill out this form. This form should be filled out. 应用解析: be filled with 充满着; drink one's fill of 喝饱,吃饱 10. Please check and confirm

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

Learn Why 'The Proof Is in the Pudding' Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. Each week we teach expressions often used in American English. We explain how to use them and sometimes where they come from. But do not take my wo

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

今天我们要学的词是 bolster. Bolster 动词,有支持,支撑的意思。Two new studies bolstered evidence that feeding peanuts to babies is more likely to protect them than to cause problems. 两份最新研究提供了更多证据,证明

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: But the challenges are like a fire, a bed of coals you'll have to walk across. The fight is to be expected, the difficulties are a sign that things are on track. That you're being rejected, that

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文