第二十九篇:Gettysburg Address 葛底斯堡演说 Gettysburg Address Fourscore and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth upon this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 王强英语美文

The First Snow The first snow came. How beautiful it was, falling so silently all day long, all night long, on the mountains, on the meadows, on the roofs of the living, on the graves of the dead! All white save the river, that marked its course by a

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

The Hand A Thanksgiving Day editorial in the newspaper told of a school teacher who asked her class of first-graders to draw a picture of something they were thankful for. She thought of how little these children from poor neighborhoods actually had

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Simon Smith made it big in the department business with facilities in several states. At a grand opening of a new mall that included one of those stores, a reporter asked for an interview. What do you believe is the most important personal characteri

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

NO.8 Peace There once was a King who offered a prize to the artist who would paint the best picture of peace. Many artists tried. The King looked at all the pictures,but there were only two he really liked and he had to choose between them. One pictu

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Sand and Stone The story goes that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, he

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Words are living things, the very bodies in which ideas and emotions become materialized.By the power of the word, to an extraordinary extent, we can influence what happens to our lives. There is a famous old story about an optimist and a pessimist.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

LIFE IS A DO-IT-YOURSELF PROJECT 生活是一个自己动手的项目 An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. he told his employer contractor of his plans to leave the house building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying hi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10 到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(415) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

生活中重要的事情(Important Things in Life) Sometimes things happen to you that may seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but upon reflection you find that without overcoming those obstacles you never would have realized your potential,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

As more people gain access to high-speed internet connections, they are downloading more music on their computers. Now big technology companies are fighting with music licensing associations over royalty payments for artists. A solution may be found

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Global Warming Threatens Himalayas A new report says the Himalayan mountains of south Asia arethreatened by the warming of the Earth's climate. The report sayshuman activities are partly responsible for the warmingtemperatures. The climate changes th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Troublesome travellers The invasion has begun. Around the world, plants, animals, fungi, and other life forms are moving into places where they don't belong. These attacks can mean major headaches for both wildlife and people. 物种入侵已经开始。

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Autumn Sunset 秋天的落日 We had a remarkable sunset one day last November. I was walking in a meadow, the source of a small brook, when the sun at last, just before setting, after a cold gray day, reached a clear stratum in the horizon, and the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Different Strokes of Our Duties Life teaches us to live. To live, you have to exist. To exist, you should have a passport to this living world. Thanks to your parents, who brought you into this world. Parents have taken care of us and satisfied all o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

To Josephine I have your letter, my adorable love. It has filled my heart with joy... since I left you I have been sad all the time. My only happiness is near you. I go over endlessly in my thought of your kisses, your tears, your delicious jealousy.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Importance of Being Busy Every action in life is to satisfy a specific purpose. Purpose or need initiates planning and action on the part of the doer. The person, who wants to accomplish a specific goal, first chalks out a plan. The plan is like an i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Packaging a person A person, like a commodity, needs packaging. But going too far is absolutely undesirable. A little exaggeration, however, does no harm when it shows the persons unique qualities to their advantage. To display personal charm in a ca

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Self-confidence(自信) Confidence is power--the power to attract, persuade, influence, and succeed. Imagine what your life would be like if you had an abundance of selfconfidence ! Confidence isn't an inherited trait, it' s a learned one. This means

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Loving France法兰西之恋 Landing in France, amazing feeling suddenly arises which attracts you to know more about this country. France, approximately hexagonal in shape, has a boundary on the east with Germany, Switzerland and Italy, and is bound

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇