Do I Know You? With computer security threats lurking around every electronic corner it is no wonder that so many online activities, from signing into your e-mail to checking your bank account, requir

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

Being Yourself As a youngster, there was nothing I liked better than Sunday afternoons at my grandfather’s farm in western Pennsylvania. Surrounded by miles of winding stone walls, the house and bar

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

Express Yourself Effectively E Huiyuan: Speech is actually a form of conveying information. Considering that people today have various ways to get necessary information, why is public speaking still w

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

More Than a Scholarship You may have heard of Osceola McCarty. She’s the 88-yea-old woman in Mississippi who had worked for over 75 years as a washer woman. One day after she retired, she went to th

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

Words f rom the Heart Most people need to hear those “three little words”---I love you. Once in a while, they hear them just in time. I met Connie the day she was admitted to the hospice 1 ward, w

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

British Annual Holidays Once a year most English families take an extended holiday. Until air travel became more common these family holidays were almost always spent in one of the coastal seaside res

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

The English Like Tea Foreigners may scoff 1 , marketing men may try to seduce with alternatives, but the English still carry on doggedly 2 in their devotion to what they consider to be one of the few

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(203) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑上

The History of Mother's Day The earliest Mother's Day celebrations are traced back to the spring celebrations of ancient Greece in honor of Rhea 1 , the Mother of the Gods. During the 1600's, England

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑上

Last Letters Home From an American Soldier Who Died in Irap To son, Cecil, Just a quick note preface before I start in earnest. When I wrote this you were 8, still a little boy. In 2002, I was called

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑上

Presents 送礼 Foreigner: There is something I can never puzzle out! The other day a Chinese friend who has helped me a lot was celebrating his birthday and I asked him what he would like for a birthday present. Do you know what he said? No, no, no!

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

Please Dress Me in Red In my dual profession as an educator and health care provider,I have worked with numerous children infected with the virus1) that causes AIDS.The relation ships that I have had with these special kids have been gifts in my

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

Food for Thought From the time I was a child growing up in New Jersey,I loved spending weekends with my grandparents.Their big old house was cozy1),and I felt especially welcome and relaxed in Granny's small kitchen.It was there that we had i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

Life Is To Be Whole Once a circle missed a wedge.The circle wanted to be whole,so it went around looking for its missing piece.But because it was incomplete and therefore could roll only very slowly,it admired the flowers along the way.It cha

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

Jude Law’s Interview Q: I know it took the director Kerry Conran six years from start to finish to get Sky Captain finished, but for you, how long were you involved in it? Jude Law: I first got invo

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

Till There Was Blue You know, it’s funny the way things seem to happen. Five minutes of one day can change the rest of your life. I know it did mine. And that change taught me that letting loose and

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

Monica Conquering Music Morld Monica began her accomplished musical career when she burst onto the scene with her multi - platinum single For You I Will from the blockbuster 1 movie Space Jam. On a ro

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

My Christmas Miracle For many of us,one Christmas stands out from all the others,the one when the meaning of the day shone clearest.My own truest Christmas began on a rainy spring day in the bleakest year of my life. Recently divorced,I was

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

All I Remember When my father spoke to me,he always began the conversation with Have I told you yet today how much I adore you?The expression of love was reciprocated and,in his later years,as his life began to visibly ebb1),we grew even cl

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

Russell On Affection The best type of affection is reciprocally1) life-giving;each receives affection with joy and gives it without effort,and each finds the whole world more interesting in conse-quence of the existence of this reciprocal hap

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

What I have lived for Three passions,simple but overwhelmingly1) strong,have governed my life:the longing for love,the search for knowledge,and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.These passions,like great winds,have blown me hither and thit

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙