图片1 Vienna by chance. Have you ever been to Vienna? I was lucky enough to get there by chance during my trip to Europe. How can anyone go to Vienna by chance? Any person with a brain would go there deliberately, right? Well, because I didn't have

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Oh, I'm frustrated. I haven't seen the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. I've been searching on the internet, but all I can find are a few highlights(1). NBC, here in the U.S. refused to show a live stream (2) of the event. They had their

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

The view from the back of our house faces north, looking at the hills on either side of the Columbia river. They are brown this time of year, after a hot and dry summer. For a few days, the view was hard to see because there was smoke to the north(1)

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

What kind of characteristics or behavior can get you the title of Student of the Month? What would you imagine them to be? Intelligent? Avid* reader? High scorer? Or, are there other qualities that can get you noticed by teachers and rewarded. It loo

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

It's that time of year when a lot of people are waiting to go South. Normally, by now, we would have snow, lots of it, and icy roads. This year, however, has been very strange. We experience hard frosts at night, but sunny days. Everyone is talking a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Studies show that the favorite food in the U.S is Mexican. The traditional hot dog and hamburger have to take second and third places, because the tasty and sometimes spicy food found south of the U.S takes first place. When I first came to the U.S.,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Some of my listeners have asked me to examine and explain English phrases and vocabulary in depth. I think that that is a great idea. In order to do this, I have selected a small paragraph from a magazine that is about wasting money. This will be the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Something has been happening recently that pleases me a lot. My newly planted roses have been flowering. For some reason I didn't expect them to make such a show this year, with them being new. My entryway project has continued, and I ended up planti

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

This Spring, we have experienced an unusual amount of rain, so much so that it has caused problems in many areas. I was driving to a local bakery the other day, when I came to some road works. I had to stop my car and wait for the heavy machinery to

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Just opposite where we live is a cherry orchard. It must be about four or five acres. In the late winter or early spring, the trees get pruned. Excess branches are cut off in order to make the trees more productive. That system works, and is understo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

图片1 Beautiful anemones. The entryway of our house is finally beginning to look pretty. I have recently transplanted plants from other areas of our garden to the walkway that leads up to our house. After choosing a tree to shade the area, I though

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Every two weeks, on Wednesdays I meet up with a friend of mine, and go for a walk in the park. Today was that day, and though it was really rainy, we had a nice time walking and chatting. I took my camera just in case a photo opportunity presented it

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

The financial crisis has hit Wenatchee quite hard in the past year or so. Businesses have closed, some people have lost their homes or jobs, or both. Everyone seems to be more careful about spending, and it has become normal to be frugal, or very car

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

I was checking the comments on my blog today, hoping to get some feedback from my lovely podlisteners, when I came across one that was a bit worrying. Huy Mai very kindly complimented my podcast and informed me that I had made a couple of spelling mi

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Have you ever walked into your kitchen first thing in the morning and found that little, tiny strangers have moved in? And not only have strangers moved in, but there are hundreds of them, and they are eating your food. Ants. Ants. Where do they come

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Did you witness any of the events of Earth Hour this year? There was a lot more participation this year from around the globe, than last year. 125 countries signed up to turn out some major (majour) lights, and out of those countries, 56 national cap

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

图片1 History is uncovered. It was a few days after the incident that Betsy Brompton came home from the hospital. The village was buzzing with rumors that she had lost her mind, or that she had made up the whole story. Anyone who knew Betsy didn't

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

I was pulling out of the parking lot of a country bakery today, when the orchard opposite caught my eye. All the bare trees were a bright white color, from the bottom of the trunks to the tips of the top branches. It was quite a sight, and contrasted

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

I was just listening to a Swiss podcast about health. The presenters were talking about free radicals and how to fight them. They first of all listed all the situations in life that cause free radicals to be produced in our bodies: emotional and phys

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

图片1 Beginners. Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday that is observed on the last Monday of May. It is to remember all the soldiers that have died in the various wars around the world, even the Civil War which started in 1861 and ended

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English