AA: This is Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble. This week on Wordmaster ... some military terms that have come into civilian slang. RS: Sanya Aina, a listener in Lagos, Nigeria, is writing a book about the plight of peacekeepers in Sierra Leone and is

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- wishing you good health over the holidays, with Slangman David Burke. RS: Once again, just for our listeners, Slangman David Burke has rewritten a popular childrens fairy tale to

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER 鈥?some ways to help you improve your memory. ELDH: We dont forget, we just havent learned it in the first place.RS: Thats Wendi Eldh. Shes a communications trainer who teaches mem

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: the sounds of change. RS: If you want a good example of how language changes, just picture a mouse. Are you thinking of a rodent -- or a device for moving the cursor on a computer

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER some ways to help you improve your memory. ELDH: We don't forget, we just haven't learned it in the first place. RS: That's Wendi Eldh. She's a communications trainer who teaches m

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: a track from the original Broadway cast recording of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. RS: The show is a musical satire of spelling competitions and the pressure to go t

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Today on Wordmaster, Rosanne Skirble takes us to a school in America's Pacific island state, Hawaii, where students are immersed in the Hawaiian language and culture. RS: Students at Anuenue (ah-new-new) Hawaiian Immersion School in Honolulu straddle

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster, Musa Nushi, a 27-year-old Iranian with a master's degree in English teaching from Tehran University. MUSA NUSHI: English is in high demand in Iran because lots of people are going

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: meet two young English teachers. One is from the United States, the other from Uzbekistan. RS: The American is a native English speaker who also speaks Arabic. He teaches a conver

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: some ways to help you improve your memory. ELDH: We don't forget, we just haven't learned it in the first place.RS: That's Wendi Eldh. She's a communications trainer who teaches m

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: we say hello again to English teacher Lida Baker in Los Angeles to talk about greetings in America. AA: So now typically, if someone says 'how are you doing?' ... RS: Yeah, typically

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: palindromes aplenty. RS: A palindrome is something that reads the same backwards or forwards. Palindromes make us think of Janus, the Roman god with one face looking forward, anot

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

今天要学的一个词组是:opt for。 Opt for就是选择。比如,美国国务卿赖斯在紧张处理中东事务后: ...opted ...for a piano recital featuring classical pieces for her performance..., 意思是她选择举行钢琴独奏会

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

中文新词英语单词 将军肚--general's belly; beer belly 行贿受贿--offer and take bribes 黑哨--black whistle 费改税--tax-for-fee 待业--job-waiting 待岗await job assignment; post-waiting 力作masterpiece 出台--unveil fresh policy 出笼--release a bad publi

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

学习英语最常遇到的问题,便是词汇不足。词汇不足的人在英文听、说、读、写各方面的能力都会受 到严重限制。所以词汇量的多少在英语学习中占有重

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

水吧酒吧英语单词 bar 酒吧 counter 吧台 bar chair 酒吧椅 barman 酒吧男招待 barmaid 酒吧女招待 bottle opener 开瓶刀 corkscrew 酒钻 ice shaver 削冰器 ice maker 制冰机 ice bucket 小冰桶 ice tongs 冰勺夹 ice scoop 冰勺 cocktail shaker 调酒器 pouring meas

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

今天我们要学的词是under fire。 Under fire, 遭到炮火攻击,受到批判指责。美国共和党全国委员会主席迈克尔.斯蒂尔表示,堕胎是个人选择,因此受到反堕胎者的批判。 GOP Chairman Michael Steele wa

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是donate。 Donate, 是捐赠的意思。She donated her old car to a children's charity, 她把旧车捐给了一个儿童慈善机构。The mother donated a kidney to her daughter, 母亲把自己的一个肾脏捐给了女儿

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: encouraging high school students to write about the issues they want the next U.S. president to address. RS: That is the aim right now of the National Writing Project, a federally

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti, and this week on WORDMASTER: choosing the right language for advertising. The December issue of the Journal of Consumer Research contains a paper by Rohini Ahluwalia at the University of Minnesota and Aradhna Krishna at the Unive

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master