AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: language in action. We have two reports. RS: We start with a program in the International Business School at Brandeis University near Boston, Massachusetts. It helps introduce for

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

DE-,DI-,DIS- away,off,not 分离,否定 de,di,dis 是英文最重要的字首之一,相关的单字数量很多. de 为 down,complete 之意引申出来 away,off 的意思,则归属於di,dis 之中. di

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble with Wordmaster. Some time ago, a listener wrote to ask if there is a difference between America and United States. We think this is a good time to answer that question. RS: Recently we read about an effort by

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: Im Avi Arditti, and this week on WORDMASTER -- whats it like to be an English teacher in America today? I put that question to an expert at the recent convention of the National Council of Teachers of English, in Baltimore, Maryland. Meet Carol J

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- we talk about Junk English.RS: Thats the title of a new book. Author Ken Smith spent six months immersing himself in the language of popular culture. He found a lot of it junk, i

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

A: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble and, now that the Olympics are over, were back with WORDMASTER. This week -- going for gold in using the dictionary! RS: We looked up our friend Lida Baker. She teaches in the American Language Center at the Uni

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble. This week on Wordmaster -- what to do when theres only one you.RS: Were talking about forms of address. Speakers of other languages may be used to having two ways to address someone -- one formal, the other in

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: English teacher Lida Baker suggests five resolutions for people who want to improve their English in the New Year. LIDA BAKER: My first resolution that I would recommend people ma

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti, Rosanne Skirble is away -- this week on Wordmaster: meet a young English teacher from Morocco. LAHCEN TIGHOULA: My name is Lahcen Tighoula. I am a high school English teacher from the south of Morocco. I am from the city called A

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: new standards for English learners in American public schools. RS: One in nine public school students is a non-native English speaker; in twenty years, it could be one in four. Th

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: we continue our discussion with dictionary editor Ben Zimmer about terms related to the presidential campaign. RS: One word that's being associated with John McCain -- or John McC

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: word order and the mind. A new study suggests that people naturally gesture in the order of subject-object-verb, regardless of the rules of their spoken language. Susan Goldin-Mea

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: epic eponyms. RS: An eponym, as dictionaries tell us, is a real or mythical person for whom something is or is believed to be named. For example, George Washington is the eponym o

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: palindromes aplenty. RS: A palindrome is something that reads the same backwards or forwards. Palindromes make us think of Janus, the Roman god with one face looking forward and a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is Tom Dalzell, senior editor of the New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English -- and, now, the Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconven

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is James Geary, author of a new book called Geary's Guide to the World's Great Aphorists.RS: It's his second book on aphorisms. He calls these sayings the shortest liter

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble. This week on WORDMASTER: we're back with A. C. Kemp from slangcity.com. She calls it the online home of American slang. RS: We're talking about frequently used terms that her international students in her cla

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: from an interview on C-SPAN television, political pollster and strategist Frank Luntz talks about his book Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear.RS: At one

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

RS: I'm Rosanne Skirble with Avi Arditti, and this week on Wordmaster: Shakespeare in American English. This is the seventy-fifth anniversary year of the Folger Shakespeare Library, home to the largest collection of Shakespeare materials in the world

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

考研英语背诵,是考生们永远的痛,考研记忆方法也是花样百出。众所周知,听写练习是英语专业学生的基础训练项目之一,今天小编就介绍给大家一种调动充分调动我们的感觉器官,做到眼

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语