David:Do you know what Christmas is about? 你知道圣诞节是关于什么的吗? You:No,my teacher did told me once,but I can't remember. 不知道。我的老师曾经告诉过我一次,但我没记住。 David:You can tell about the word Chi

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 留学生在中国

Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a U.S. holiday that celebrates the birth date of one of Americas greatest civil rights leaders. Dr. Kings date of birth is January 15th, but the actual holiday is on the third Monday in January. The holiday recognizes th

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之就医和人际交往

Moviegoers hoping to make a point and get some laughs turned out for the days first showing of The Interviewat a cinema village in New York. Sonys release of the film in theaters comes aday after it was made available for purchase and rental steaming

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(一)月

Happy Thanksgiving (感恩节快乐) 感恩节历史: 在欧洲受到迫害的这些人到了美国大陆,因为天气很冷没东西吃,而当地的土著邀请他们来家中共享食物,所以美国人才设立了这个节日感谢当时

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 这句英语怎么说

There is a foreign festival connected with pumpkin, but I cannot remember. 在国外有一个与南瓜相关的节日,但是,我记不起那是什么节日了。 Are you talking about Halloween? 你是说万圣节吗? We used to have a party an

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

Clement Attlee: I hope that this concert hall will long endure to give the opportunity for the finest music, the greatest singers and players to be heard, and to give pleasure and refreshment of the soul to generations of Londoners yet unborn. Willia

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听和读

EMILY: Ashley, this looksfantastic. Very festive. ASH: Thanks, although, I have toadmit, it is slightly humiliating, having to plan a party celebrating thedefeat of England. I don't do well with rejection. EMILY: Obviously. That was over200 years ago

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

The International Day of Peace should be one of the most important days of the year. It occurs annually on September 21st. It is dedicated to peace as well as the absence of war. This day also serves as a global ceasefire day. Many countries, politic

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Nowruz is the name of the Iranian New Year and is also called the Persian New Year. It marks the first day of spring. Nowruz is usually celebrated on March 21, or the previous or following day. The exact day depends on the country celebrating it. It

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

International Beer Day is a celebration of one of the worlds best-loved drinks. People in almost every country drink beer. Many beer-drinking countries say their countrys beer is the best. The International Beer Day website says the day was created s

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Canada Day is on July the 1st every year. Canadians all around the world celebrate the day when their nation became a country on July 1, 1867. Today, it is a federal national holiday. Many Canadians call it Canadas birthday. Canada Day recognizes the

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

新西兰先驱报:一项调查显示,几乎一半的男人表示在一年一度的圣诞季感到沮丧和压抑. 节假日的男人更忧郁 New Zealand Herald: Far from experiencing peace and goodwill at Christmas, nearly half of men admit to feel

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

St. Patrick's Day is a global celebration of Irish culture, one thats deeply rooted in arts, music and literature. The traditional festival is also a shot in the arm for Irelands tourism industry. Tourism is worth 3 and a half billion euro to the Iri

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

圣诞快乐为啥是Merry Christmas而不是Happy Christmas?Merry Christmas和Merry Xmas哪个好? 圣诞的钟声还未敲响 平安夜的祝福 辉姐的科普驾着马车哒哒的来 想知道为什么不是Happy Christmas而是Merry Christmas吗

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

每年11月的第四个星期四是美国最具有美国特色的重要节日感恩节 。最初,感恩节没有固定日期,由各州临时决定,直到美国独立后,感恩节才成为全国性的节日。1863年,美国总统林肯宣布每

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

I wish someone would invite me to a costume party. 真希望有人能邀请我参加化妆舞会。 I wish someone would invite me to a costume party. 真希望有人能邀请我参加化妆舞会。 That's my dream party. 那是我梦想中的舞会。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

3月14日是白色情人节(White Day),一般认为是对于西方情人节的延续,最早起源于公元三世纪时的罗马。相传罗马皇帝设立情人节是为了纪念自己在2月14日救了一对因违反恋爱结婚禁令而要被

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Merry Christmas! OpenLanguage祝大家圣诞快乐!不过在美国,这几年流行的圣诞祝福是 happy holidays!' 不就一个圣诞吗?为什么是'holidayS'? 而且有很多美国人不过圣诞节!也有一些美国人专到中餐馆过圣

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

I know it's not Burberry like we're used to, 我知道这不是我们以前用的高级货 but I'm telling you, used moving blankets are gonna be in this year. 相信我,搬家包家具的毯子今年将会是时尚尖端 Who's a trendsetter? 创造潮

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

Merry Christmas!圣诞节又来啦,你知道圣诞快乐为什么用merry而不是happy吗?今天Jenny和Adam就要说说这个重要的西方节日。 为什么是merry而不是happy 英语中说到节日或生日快乐都是用happy这个词,

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀