approximate 近似的,近似 April 四月 arbitrary 随心所欲的,专断的 architect 建筑师 architecture 建筑学,家住式样 area 面积,地区,领域 argue 争论 argument 争论,辩论,理由 arise 发生,起来,出现 ar

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语四级词汇拼读版

Buttons Are Art at New York City Gallery 在纽约艺术画廊纽扣是一种艺术 No one can deny that buttons are an important clothing device. But, can they rise to the level of art? Organizers of an exhibit in New York City think so. Peter Soule

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Do you think it's possible to control someone's attention? 你们觉得人的注意力是可控制的吗? Even more than that, 或者更进一步, what about predicting human behavior? 人的行为可预知吗? I think those are interesting ide

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Pardon me. 不好意思。 I don't think I need this clicker anymore. You can have that. 我觉得我不需要这个遥控器了,给你吧。 Thank you very much. I appreciate that. 谢谢,非常感谢! Come on up to the stage, Joe. Let's play

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Discovery 探索频道 点击播放

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(1418) / 评论(0) 分类 TAG标签

One of the clearest places to find good metaphors is in poems. 诗歌是最容易出现好隐喻的地方。 Take this haiku by the 18th century Japanese poet Issa. On a branch floating downriver, a cricket singing. 以18世纪日本诗人小林一茶的

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And then Twitter came along, and made things even more magic, because I could ask instantly for anything anywhere. 后来,微博的出现让事情变得更加神奇,因为我可以在任意时间和地点提出任何要求。 So I would need a pi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

My crew once pulled our van up to a really poor Miami neighborhood 我的团队曾经把车停在一个非常贫穷的迈阿密社区, and we found out that our couchsurfing host for the night was an 18-year-old girl, still living at home, 我们发现

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Is this how stupid people die? And before I can change my mind, the door busts open. 愚蠢的人是不是就是这样死的?我还没来得及改变主意,门就打开了。 She's an artist. He's a financial blogger for Reuters, and they're pour

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: The blind get access to the world of art. The seeing get access to the world of the blind. 盲人可以走进艺术的世界,同时,视力正常的人也可以走进盲人的世界。

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Books and Arts 《图书与艺术》版块 Art, gender and conflict 艺术、性别和冲突 The puppet-mistress of Mali 马里的木偶女王 The struggles of the only female practitioner of a venerable art form 古老艺术形式唯一女性传承者

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Oksana Dragan A music disc jockey who honed his skills in fundamentalist Iran is now a fixture of the Washington D.C. music scene, particularly among the 28 thousand or so Iranians living in the Unite

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--艺术专集

Oksana Dragan The diverse men and women who work as international radio broadcasters at the Voice of America represent a broad range of backgrounds and interests. Today on New American Voices you'll m

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--艺术专集

Prisoners Find Humanity in Theater Arts 囚犯们在剧场艺术中找到人性 On a recent day in New York City, seven women prepare for a theater production. Their show is not for a Broadway stage, however. And, the actors are not professional. The

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

My parents owned six books between them. Two of those were Bibles and the third was a concordance to the Old and New Testaments. The fourth was The House At Pooh Corner. The fifth,The Chatterbox Annual 1923 and the sixth, Malorys Morte dArtliur. I

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名篇背诵

Art and Humor Millions of people struggle out of bed each morning, fumble into some clothes, and make their way to a cup of coffee and the morning newspaper①. They need something cheerful to remind them that the rest of the day will be less difficu

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

2010世博会:里尔当代艺术展之法国北部的文化风情 借上海2010世博会举办之际,Lille3000和法国里尔市将与上海虹庙艺术合作,于2010年5月1日至7月31日,在上海的市中心的一座古老的道教庙观之

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Deerhunter,来自佐治亚州的五人独立乐队 TAKE MY HAND AND PRAY WITH ME My final days in company. The devil now has come for me, and helicopters circling the scene And I pray for rest. Could you pray for us? We know he loves you the best.

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

I'm almost like a crazy evangelical. 我几乎像一个疯狂的福音派信徒, I've always known that the age of design is upon us, almost like a rapture. 一直深信设计时代来临,几乎像狂喜一般。 If the day is sunny, I think, 如果

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

本期内容: To live remains an art which everyone must learn, and which no one can teach. 生活是一种人人须学,而无人能教的艺术 我们重点来学习一个单词 remain R-E-M-A-I-N remain的意思有很多 做动词有剩下,留存

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读