Elves and trolls hold a special place in the hearts of the people of Iceland. The tradition and mythology of the countrys small folk dates back to the 10th century AD, when the first Norwegian Vikings settled on the island. Tales of elves were first

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

Famed as nomadic herders and warriors, the Massai people once dominated the plains of East Africa, migrating from one place to the next, seeking pastures for their cattle. But climate change is causing severe droughts and traditional sources of water

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

Officials in the coastal Peruvian province of Callao on Monday hailed the guinea pig as a low-cost, low-fat alternative to a traditional turkey or roast pork Christmas dinner. Guinea pigs can feed seven or eight for just over 3 US dollars, according

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

In the fertile(肥沃的) valleys of central California, wine-making has grown into a giant industry and many of the family vineyards that helped develop the area still operate today. But in an era when people are increasingly concerned about the

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Intensely blue, the waters around Bermuda are warmed by the Gulf Streamone of the world's largest and swiftest oceanic currents. Humpback whales pass through these waters each year, migrating from polar feeding grounds. These waters are also known to

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

In the countryside of Argentina, cowboy life has scarcely changed over the past three centuries. The gaucho is a hero here, a legendary figure larger than life. But these are the real gauchos, men who still live this life the way as the gaucho. If th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

-I got a phone call. He told me that I want to introduce you to somebody very important.The Lebanese smuggler's ploting paid off. -Then Benjamin Y* introduced me to Issa. War criminal Issa Sesay controlled the diamond mines in Sierra Leone. He also r

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

To avoid UN sanctions, arest and heavy fines, he shifted the stones on the false documents. Carrier was right with cash in the bank at Antwerp and went back with rough diamonds hidden in their body cavities. Together they tracks the orgins of r* stor

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

The legitimate profits of an illegal trade with a rebel leader who would be convicted for crimes against humanity.-He's ready to give me everything. Well, the profits were enough to make a smuggler millionaire many times over. Dealing with the blood-

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

It's early morning in South Africa's Kruger National Park. The morning stillness is broken by the quiet puma helicopters. Their target is a herd of elephants. Within minutes, an expert team is on the ground. These elephants haven't been harmed, just

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

So our Thai colleagues began soon after the 2004 tsunami with a survey to map out the areas that had been covered by the tsunami. It must have been a horrible job for them because they're going into an area of such disaster and the so much loss of li

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

At Victoria Terminus in Mumbai, India, it always seems to be rush hour. Everyday some 2 million passengers pass through this train station. Coming into Mumbai is often a very tense commute. But in this country of over a billion people, the best way t

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Unlike most Polish cities, Krakow's architecture escaped the ravages of World War II. Gothic churches exalt the heavens. Angels still dance over Baroque doorways. But these ancient monuments are threatened. High on a hill, Wawel Castle stands guard o

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

The smuggler began to suspect he was being set up. He was vulnerable and carrying more than a quarter of a million dollars. It would be all too easy for blood-thirsty rebels to take his money and his life. -Is he going to kill me, my holy God? Fear f

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

Drilling almost a kilometer down into the earths crust, the rocks they brought to the surface have been lying undisturbed for some 3 billion years. The cores were boxed and sent back to Canada for analysis. It took 3 months to get the results. Sure e

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

A:I'm Andrew Graham-Dixon, and I'm an artist historian. G:I'm Giorgio Locatelli, and I'm a chef. We are both passionate about my homeland, Itlay. The smell, the colour. It's all about it. Their rich flavours and classic dishes of this land are in my

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

About one and half hours. My family all engaged in this type of work. My father was a fisherman, so in time, I have been able to learn from him. So you see youself as being a man of river Nile. The Nile is everything for me. I feel my life on it, and

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

Poverity is rife in Ethiopia. The United Nations ranks it amongst the poorest countries in the world. For many, the Nile is the source of hope and salvation. It was humbling to witness the strength of their belief. -Some people might think that worsh

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

The water of the Nile at the source, it's wonderful, very memorable, actually. They are very special. I'll remember this moment long after the water has dried. Now you can kiss. You are blessing. Thank you very much. There is something very authentic

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

-Who is like something that is very big?There is a mystical timeless quality to Lake Tana. The lake is home to dozens of island monasteries, guardians of Ethiopia's unique religious history. This is a land of myth and legend. It's said to be home to

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年