The preservation of embryos and juveniles is a rate occurrence in the fossil record. The tiny, delicate skeletons are usually scattered by scavengers or destroyed by weathering before they can be foss

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

Archaeology is a source of history, not just a bumble auxiliary discipline. Archaeological data are historical documents in their own right, not mere illustrations to written texts, Just as much as an

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

A painter hangs his or her finished pictures on a wall, and everyone can see it. A composer writes a work, but no one can hear it until it is performed. Professional singers and players have great res

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

Andrew Carnegie, known as the King of Steel, built the steel industry in the United States, and , in the process, became one of the wealthiest men in America. His success resulted in part from his abi

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

Before the 1850's, the United States had a number of small colleges, most of them dating from colonial days. They were small, church connected institutions whose primary concern was to shape the moral

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

Sleep is very ancient. In the electroencephalographic sense we share it with all the primates and almost all the other mammals and birds: it may extend back as far as the reptiles. There is some evide

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

When did sport begin? If sport is, in essence, play, the claim might be made that sport is much older than humankind, for , as we all have observed, the beasts play. Dogs and cats wrestle and play bal

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(160) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

people appear to born to compute. The numerical skills of children develop so early and so inexorably that it is easy to imagine an internal clock of mathematical maturity guiding their growth. Not lo

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

The increase in international business and in foreign investment has created a need for executives with knowledge of foreign languages and skills in cross- cultural communication. Americans, however,

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

Accustomed though we are to speaking of the films made before 1927 as

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(197) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

By the mid-nineteenth century, the term

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

Hodeslea, Eastbourne, November 5, 1892 Dear Sir, I am very sorry that the pressure of other occupations has prevented me from sending an earlier reply to your letter. In my opinion a man's first duty is to find a way(1) of supporting himself,thereby

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

28 . Hints For Those That Would Be Rich The Use of Money is all the Advantage there is in having Money. For £ 6 a Year you may have the Use of £ 100 if you are a Man of known Prudence and Honesty. He that spends a Groat a day idly, spends idly a

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

06 The House-Cricket Crickets are fond of kitchens and bakers' ovens, on account of their perpetual warmth. Tender insects that live abroad either enjoy only the short period of one summer, or else doze away the cold uncomfortable months in profound

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

03 Pines The pine placed nearly always among scenes disordered and desolate brings into them all possible elements of order and precision. Lowland trees may lean to this side and that, though it is but a meadow breeze that bends them, or a bank of co

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

Sitting on a grassy grave, beneath one of the windows of the church, was a little girl.(1) With her head bent back(2) she was gazing up at the sky and singing, while one of her little hands was pointing to a tiny cloud that hovered like a golden feat

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

01 The First Snow The First Snow Henry Wadsworth Longfellow The first snow came.How beautiful it was, falling so silently all day long, all night long, on the mountains, on the meadows, on the roofs of the living, on the graves of the dead! All whit

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

24 . I Remember, I Remember I remember, I remember The house where I was born, The little window where the sun Came peeping m at morn(1); He never came a wink too soon, Nor brought too long a day,(2) But now I often wish the night Had borne my brea

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

33.TreesIn the Garden of Eden(1), planted by God,There were goodly trees in the springing sod-Trees of beauty and height and grace,To stand in splendor before His face: Apple and hickory, ash and pear,Oak and beech, and the tulip rare,The trembling

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

04 Trees Trees 树 (1) I think that I shall never see 我想我从未见过一首 A poem lovely as a tree. 美如玉树的诗章。 (2) A tree whose hungry mouth is prest 一棵张着饥饿嘴巴的树, against the earth's sweet flowing breast; 紧压在大地甘美而流畅的乳房 上;

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册