Americans Celebrate Thanksgiving by Eating, Serving and Shopping? 美国人通过美食和购物庆祝感恩节 Welcome to This Is America from VOA Learning English. Im Steve Ember. And I'm Kelly Jean Kelly. Imagine the smell of sliced apples and spi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Bangkok, Thailand, is known for having some of the best street food in the world. But officials have announced plans to ban food vendors in an effort to clean up the city. An assistant to Bangkoks governor told The Nation newspaper the move is meant

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(四)月

本期介绍的电影《美食、祈祷和恋爱》的主人公看似是一位人生赢家,拥有她被期望拥有的一切,爱她的丈夫、亲朋好友、稳定的工作。然而她毅然离婚,独自背上行囊,选择了旅行作为一种

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 中国传媒大学英语电台

美文欣赏:美国人最爱的贝蒂美食草莓酥饼 Strawberry shortcake is one of the most beloved desserts in American cuisine. It is made from sweetened biscuits (a soft, crumbly type of bread), paired with strawberries and whipped cream (cr

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Unit 88:Cook up a low-cal storm 第88单元:低卡美食亲手做 Turn cooking for weight loss into a creative challenge. 把调理减肥食物当成是一项富含创意的挑战。 Don't be a reluctant cook. Experiment. Start a recipe collectio

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 减肥瘦身英语口语话题

A:Can I get you something to drink? B:Just water for now.May I see your wine list? A:Sure.I'll be right back. (later on) B:I'm ready to order.I'll have the Angus rib eye steak. A:How would you like it cooked? B:Medium rare. A:Would you like some wi

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 英文导学

White Cut Chicken is a classic of Cantonese cuisine. 白切鸡是粤菜的另一道看家菜 The chicken is simmered at around 90c for 15 minutes. 烹鸡需要慢火 水温控制在摄氏90度 Then the entire chicken is submerged in icy water so as t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 舌尖上的中国第一季

Liang Yihu is a fine artist, and also the founder of a charity. 梁以瑚,画家同时是位慈善组织的带头人。 Artistic creation is not a motivation for her, but as release of feelings, so is her understanding to food. 创作对她来说不是

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 舌尖上的中国第一季

In China, food is usually connected with gratefulness. 在中国美食常常和感恩联系在一起。 It is the reward to the laborers. 是对劳动者的奖赏。 Another kind of pottery cooker is used in Kunming, a city near Shangri-La. 离香格里

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 舌尖上的中国第一季

1. agronomy /ə'ɡrɒnəmɪ/ -- (literally,land management) branch of agriculture dealing with crop production and soil management; husbandry The science of agronomy helps farmers obtain larger and better crops. 农业经济学帮助农民获得更多更

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

At a local supermarket, two women push half-filled grocery carts. The ladies are good friends, but they couldn't be more different. One is a stay-at-home housewife who loves to create culinary masterpieces from scratch. The other is a training superv

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Football Fans at World Cup Experience Russian Food Croatians and Frenchmen are set to cheer for their teams in the final match of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Moscow on Sunday. For others, there is a choice between pelmeni or khachapuri. In the past mo

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

如果你在餐厅厨房呆过,你一定目睹过许许多多的食物、水和能源都在这被浪费了。主厨亚瑟波茨道森分享了他的个人愿景 -- 大量减少餐厅与超市的资源浪费, 在保证提供美食的同时促进废物

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:吃吧

生动轻松的画面,简单易懂的表达方式,在10分钟内,分别从中国的人口,历史,语言,中国年,年轻人,经济,美食,道德观念(面子,关系,中庸),价值差异等方面深入简出地介绍了中国

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

1.TAKE A COOKING CLASS 上烹饪课 Its the perfect way to spend an evening with your partner and brush up on your cooking skills. Check out your local community college or continuing education facility. Many will offer great courses such as sushi ma

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

介绍: Part 1 Warm-it-up 热身准备 plain /ple?n/ adj.朴素的;简单的 I love Japanese seafood because the way they cook is very simple and the food looks so fresh and plain. 我喜欢日本海鲜,因为我觉得他们处理食材的方法很

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

十一长假,吃吃喝喝总不可少。中式的、西式的、高级餐厅、路边摊今天,我们分享美食英语;也告诉你比米其林更值得看的一张美食榜。 关键词: I've been watching the Netflix documentary Chef's Tab

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

如果你在餐厅厨房呆过,你一定目睹过许许多多的食物、水和能源都在这被浪费了。主厨亚瑟波茨道森分享了他的个人愿景 -- 大量减少餐厅与超市的资源浪费, 在保证提供美食的同时促进废物

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

词汇畅谈(Vocabulary Build-up):charge 口语训练营(Everyday English):英语聊美食 语法天地(Grammar Talk):定语从句详细讲解(2)

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

模仿文本:Wherever you are in the UK, whatever brings you joy in food and drink, there's a category in these awards you can make a real difference too. And over the next three weeks, you'll have an opportunity to share with our judges the food s

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀