乌克兰冲突拆散家庭和朋友 Lyudmila and Denis Sakhno married 17 years ago and expected to spend the rest of their lives together. 柳德米拉和丹尼斯萨克诺于17年前结婚并且希望一起共度余生。 But marital tensions spike

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十一月)

Hundreds of California Households Struggle With No Water 成千上万的加州家庭与缺水斗争 EAST PORTERVILLE, CALIFORNIA California is undergoing its third year of severe drought, and the water shortage is affecting farms, cities, and small c

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(九月)

Separated Families Win Small Victory from US Court A U.S. federal judge has ordered the Trump administration to stop immediate deportations of immigrant families. The order, which is enforced until at least July 24, would give families time to decide

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Turkey Border Closure Divides Syrian Refugee Families LONDON In a dark, damp backyard of an apartment block in the Turkish city of Gaziantep, 60 kilometers from the Syrian border, Samar Shekho straps a ventilator over the nose and mouth of her five-y

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(五月)

超高清电视和家庭自动化为电子展热门趋势 The Consumer Electronic Show, or CES -- held once a year in Las Vegas Nevada (Jan. 6-9) -- is one of the largest expos in the world It is the Mecca of technology, where the latest innovations

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年1月

Passage Transcript i have a mom a dad and a brother. and all four of us live in a house. and my dad is really tall. he has brown hair and he's six foot six, and he has blue eyes. and that's where i get my blue eyes. and my mom is really short. she is

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

031 The Happy Family There was a butterbur leaf in a country of the south. A lot of butterbur trees with big leaves looked very nice. A snail was living on a back of a butterbur leaf. The snail ate the butterbur leaves and lived peacefully moving fro

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(185) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

US Has Separated Families Throughout History Many Americans are expressing shock at the Trump administrations policy of separating children from their parents at the United States border with Mexico. But throughout U.S. history, officials have taken

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Google Launches New Phones, Tablet, Home Hub Google has launched the latest versions of its Pixel smartphone, as well as a new tablet computer and a smart home controller. The new products were announced during an event Tuesday in New York. Google la

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

US Immigrant Families Push for Reform 美国移民家庭推动改革 CAPITOL HILL Advocates for immigrant rights are calling on President Barack Obama to suspend deportations of otherwise law-abiding residents who are undocumented while Congress cons

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(二月)

Robots Not Ready for Homes, But Getting Closer 尚未做好让机器人进入家庭的准备,但是越来越近了! Robots are not ready to take their place in our homes. But they are getting better at working closely with humans in industrial settin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Ultra HDTV's, Home Automation Are Hot Trends at Electronics Show 超高清电视和家庭自动化为电子展热门趋势 LAS VEGAS, NEVADA The Consumer Electronic Show, or CES -- held once a year in Las Vegas Nevada (Jan. 6-9) -- is one of the larg

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(一月)

Family Robots The Next Big Thing? WASHINGTON Robots that can help us with daily chores like cooking and cleaning are a long way off, but automatons that serve as family companions may be much closer. Researchers in the United States, France, Japan an

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

Ukraine Conflict Divides Families, Friends 乌克兰冲突拆散家庭和朋友 KRAMATORSK, UKRAINE The conflict in Ukraine may have galvanized those who support a united, independent country, but it has also sewn divisions between them and neighbors

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(六月)

Obama Looks to Expand Home Visiting Program for At-risk Families 奥巴马欲扩大高危家庭家访计划 BRENTWOOD, MARYLAND From expanding child care to making preschool more accessible, U.S. President Barack Obama's second term is marked by an a

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(三月)

Isthma: Sunny, your family sounds really interesting. Can you tell me more about your family? Sunny: Okay, I have a dad and mom and a younger brother. My dad is a banker, and my mom is a housewife, and my brother goes to high school. Isthma: So, in y

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

国籍歧视法给一些家庭带来的伤害 Around the world, some 12 million people are stateless. They are not recognized as citizens by any government and have no protection, no rights. Too frequently, this situation results from gender discrimi

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

(2)沟通(Communicating) 语言沟通障碍(impaired Verbal Communication) (3)关系(Relating) 社会障碍(Impaired Social Interaction) 社交孤立(Social Isolation) 有孤

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 医务英语

America's most famous dysfunctional cartoon family The Simpsons were unveiled as the latest faces on a set of commemorative stamps released by the U.S. Postal Service. A total of one billion The Simpsons stamps will be issued across the United States

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Todd: OK, Adrienne we are going to talk about your family. How many people are in your family? Adrienne: In my immediate family, there are four of us: my mother, father and my younger sister and I. Todd: OK, and now do you see each other a lot. I mea

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂