Khat Import Bans Cause Economic Hardship for African Farmers 提神草药阿拉伯茶禁令造成非洲农民经济困难 MERU, KENYA Kenyan farmers are starting to pull out fields of khat -- a leafy green plant chewed as a stimulant in the Horn of A

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十二月)

Pastoral Societies Seek Place Amid Change 游牧社区在改变中寻求生存之道 KISERIAN, KENYA Pastoralist communities around the world often live at the margins of modern day states, but pastoralist leaders maintain that their traditional live

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

Jordan Community Radio Station Broadcasts to Syrian Refugees 约旦社区广播电台为叙利亚难民服务 AMMAN The civil war in Syria has displaced more than nine million Syrians of which hundreds of thousands have fled to Jordan. A community ra

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

摄影师记录美国社区种族多样性 At first glance, the six-kilometer stretch of road doesn't seem very different from other urban streets. 第一眼望去,这条绵延6公里长的道路同其他城镇街道相比并没有什么特别之处。

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(四月)

lets hear from this lady, Veronica Needa. Where does Veronica live? Hello there, my names Veronica Needa, I have a Chinese name too, my Chinese name is Li Wi Kei, which is in Cantonese because I come from Hong Kong, and I make my home in London now.W

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Turn over a New Leaf 主要人物4人,共8人-10人。爸爸下岗以后,终日醉酒,甚至打骂妻儿.反映家庭暴力的剧本。 Cast Sandy (child): Mr. Lin (Father): Mrs. Lin (Mother): Neighbor: Social worker: Wader: Policeman: May (San

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文剧本

World Cup Celebrations Subdued in Rio Working Class Neighborhood 世界杯庆祝在里约热内卢工人阶级社区遇冷 RIO DE JANEIRO Football fever is building as Brazil prepares to launch the 2014 World Cup on Thursday, but celebrations in some

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Holder Vows Fair, Thorough Probe in Ferguson Shooting Case 霍尔德承诺弗格森枪击案公平彻底调查 WASHINGTON U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is promising a fair and thorough federal investigation into the shooting death of black teenag

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

Gaza Conflict Brings New Worries to Israeli Border Communities 加沙冲突为以色列边境社区带来新危机 KIBBUTZ NAHAL OZ, SOUTHERN ISRAEL A temporary three-day cease-fire between Israel and Palestinian fighters in Gaza has brought a few da

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

Community Policing Aims to Create Safer Neighborhoods 社区警务旨在创建更安全的社区 LONG BEACH, CALIF. The shooting of an unarmed black teenager by a white police officer during a street confrontation in Ferguson, Missouri has sparked de

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(九月)

休斯敦警民关系改善 种族不平等问题仍困扰美国 This community gathering at a Houston police station takes place every month under the so-called Positive Interaction Program. 这个社区每个月在休斯敦警察局举行集会,实

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十一月)

奥巴马峰会针对美国极端主义 The January terrorist attacks in Paris raised concerns enough for Obama to schedule the long-postponed summit.The aim is to go after the group causes the extremism and find ways to stop young people from joinin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(五月)

Cash Brings Relief, But Not Recovery, to Oil-Polluted Nigerian Community 现金只能带来救济油污染尼日利亚社区 BODO, NIGERIA A pair of oil spills in 2008 and 2009 polluted the waters around the town of Bodo, in Nigerias southern Rivers

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(三月)

西贡 越南难民社区的首都 LOS ANGELES Ever since the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, names of his possible successor have been circulating in Washington and throughout the legal community, including that of Jacqueline Nguyen,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

华盛顿民间艺术节 弘扬非裔文化 One featured attraction at the annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival celebrates the culture in African American neighborhoods of Washington, DC. Many residents have maintained their American traditions along

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年7月

以色列在东耶城建新房遭批评 The governments of Europe and the United States have criticized Israel for announcing it will build 2,600 new housing units in a sensitive part of East Jerusalem. They believe it hinders efforts to secure a pea

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年10月

US Ethnic Communities Celebrate Christmas 美国民族各个社区庆祝圣诞节 LOS ANGELES Christmas is a highlight for many immigrant communities in the United States, who bring colorful traditions from their countries of origin. For Hispanics, t

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

Washington Food Market Becomes Hub for Deaf Community 华盛顿食品市场成为聋人社区的中心 WASHINGTON A year-old food market in a Washington, D.C., neighborhood has become a unique hub of shopping and dining for the city's Deaf community.

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

I had just returned from an income tax audit with the Internal Revenue Service, which everyone agrees is as pleasant as a bad session in the dentist's chair. The audit had gone well, but I was relieved it was over. To celebrate I bought an ice cream

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

(1)Sleep and waking up(睡觉/起床) Its time to go sleepy-bye.(到睡觉的时间了。) Sweat dreams.(做个好梦。) Its time to go to bed./Time for bed.(该上床了。) Its time to have a nap.(该午休了。) Wake up!(起床。) Did you sleep

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语