Sojourner Truth是美国内战时期的从事反奴隶制运动的美国黑人,当时美国黑人被视为次于白人,而女人也被视为次于男人。 Sojourner Truth by Linda Baxter' All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and r

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音频杂志

I don't have any attention to hurt you Yet there is nothing I can do Sorry, that fact tells the truth I'm falling out of love with you 我无意伤害你 却也无法再为你做任何事 对不起 现实已经揭示了真相 我已经不再爱你

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

皮尤研究中心的一份报告显示,人们往往对网络安全掉以轻心。来看看大家关于网络安全最常见的四个误解。 Use strong passwords and don't go to sketchy websites, and you'll protect yourself online, right? 使用强

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

纽约上流社会的一位妇人被人杀害并将尸体塞进了墙上的保险箱。警局接到命令要求调查真相,但是他们得到的结果是一起劫杀案。为了调查真相,Castle 和Beckett不得不改变思路。Castle决定去参

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 灵书妙探 第一季

卡森收到一封信,信中提到玛丽和暴毙的帕姆克有不可告人的关系,他将信交给了柯拉。托马斯以为贝茨要将自己偷酒的事告诉卡森,他先一步将贝茨告发。西珀尔参加集会时遭遇骚乱,马修

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园 第一季

你如何讲述关于女性的故事?不妨让女性自己来说吧。在TEDxABQ演讲上,梅根麦克里克告诉大家女性在新闻媒体中地位不足,无论是作为记者还是作为受访者,都没有占据充分的一席之地,因此

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:告女性说

The accountancy firm in charge of the Oscars results has apologized after Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were handed the wrong results card when announcing the Best Picture award and incorrectly announced La La Land as the winner rather than Moonligh

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Let's show them that the way you look is just one part of your identity and that the truth is we love them 让我们向他们表明长相只是身份的一部分,而事实是我们爱他们是因为 for who they are and what they do and how they ma

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Science and Technology Physiognomy Facing the truth 科技 面相学 面对真相 Why a man's face can lie but still produce orgasms 为什么男人那张会骗人的脸还能引起性高潮? THESE days, physiognomy is an unfashionable science. 过去

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Here are the experts top tips on spotting a liar. 如何识别说谎者,如下是专家力推的小贴士。 Liars leak the truth 说谎者会泄露真相 These telltale signs fall into six categories: the face, the body, pyscho-physiology, what we

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

I feel like I've been hired by Dateline to write this expos (related: if you are a Dateline producer, have your people call my people--we'll do lunch). 我感觉我自己像是为Dateline 来写这篇文章的(如果你是Dateline的制作人,让你

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In a typical lifetime we spend over six years dreaming。 每个人一生中做梦的时间一般超过六年。 While dreaming, negative emotions like anger or fear are most common。 做梦时,一般我们都有愤怒或者害怕等负面情绪。

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

We all want great hair, and it starts with a haircut. You may bring in a photo, or describe what you want in your hairstyle to a T, but are your expectations for a new look on par with what your hair can actually do? Does the celebrity style that you

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Myth #1: Napping is only for the lazy -- or those under 5. 迷思1:打盹只适合懒人,或者5岁以下的孩子。 Fact: Around a third of American adults nap on the average day, LiveScience reported, and for good reason: A short snooze can bo

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Good News On A Bad Day Thought I was the losing kind But right before I lost my mind You came to me, like good news on a bad day Life was getting slightly strange When suddenly the lights had changed Cause you came to me, like good news on a bad day

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

What came first, the chicken or the egg? 先有鸡还是先有蛋? The egg. Final answer. As the geneticist Haldane remarked, The most frequently asked question is: 'Which came first, the chicken or the egg?' The fact that it is still asked proves

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

Now, there was a very young and beautiful wife, who became sick and nearly died. She was on her death bed and told her husband, I love you very much, and I don/'t want to leave you. Please, after I die, don/'t marry another person. You promise me! Ok

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

国外问答网站Quora上面经常会有一些特别精彩的问题和答案,今天我们跟大家分享其中一个问题。 What is the most disturbing truth about life? 人生最令人不安的真相是什么? 生活中哪些真相让会你心碎

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

【万事通】know-it-all 词汇释义:1、adj. 自称无所不知的 2、n. [美口]假装博学多闻的人,万事通(等于know all)know-it-all 例句: 1、Thou shall not act as a know-it-all and jump into every topic. 不可充作万事通

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

The Oscar statuette is the symbol of the Academy Awards. Here are some facts about the trophy itself. 奥斯卡小金人是奥斯卡金像奖的象征。这里有一些关于奖杯本身的事实。 1. The original design of Oscar was by MGM art dire

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语