And now to our NewsHour Shares. Seawalls help to protect developed shorelines, but they can also destroy crucial habitat. One project in Washington state aims to fix that. Ken Christensen of KCTS' EarthFix explains. The Seattle waterfront is changing

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

精选英语美文阅读:这些美好不会消逝 The pure. the bright, the beautiful, That stirred our hearts in youth, The impulses to wordless prayer. The dreams of love and truth; The longing after something's lost, The spirit's yearning cry, T

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: All this month, we've been hearing about the lives of teenage girls from around the world. Some of them say they dream of coming to the United States, where they believe their lives would be better. Our next story is about a girl w

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

These Things Shall Never Die--Charles Dickens The pure.the bright,the beautiful, That stirred our hearts in youth, The impulses to wordless prayer, The dreams of love and truth; The longing after something's lost, The spirit's yearning cry, The striv

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

甜蜜美好 白日梦时间:All I Have To Do Is Dream The Everly Brothers(艾佛利兄弟)的这首All I Have To Do Is Dream在1958年首次发行,是不是觉得旋律很熟悉?嘿嘿,这首歌曾经被用作无数床上用品的广告歌

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 甜蜜英文歌曲

Fridays are the least productive day in many offices. People are scrambling to get things down before the weekend. Others are ditching and leaving early or not working at all. However, you dont have to let it impact your productivity. Lets reclaim ou

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

甜蜜美好 白日梦时间:All I Have To Do Is Dream The Everly Brothers(艾佛利兄弟)的这首All I Have To Do Is Dream在1958年首次发行,是不是觉得旋律很熟悉?嘿嘿,这首歌曾经被用作无数床上用品的广告歌

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英文广告歌曲

研究发现对着右耳说道歉更有效

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Though there is much to be concerned about, there is far, far more for which to be thankful. Though lifes goodness can at times be overshadowed, it is never outweighed. For every single act that is senselessly destructive, there are thousands more sm

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Tall people lead happier lives than their more vertically challenged peers, according to a new study which found that most miserable men are almost an inch shorter than average. 一项最新研究显示,与矮个子的人相比,高个子的人生活

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

美好婚姻秘诀?分担家务!

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

These Things Shall Never Die by Charles Dickens The pure.the bright,the beautiful, That stirred our hearts in youth, The impulses to wordless prayer, The dreams of love and truth; The longing after something's lost, The spirit's yearning cry, The str

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A friend in need is a friend indeed. 患难朋友才是真正的朋友。 Actions speak louder than words. 事实胜于雄辩 All is not gold that glitters. 闪光的不一定都是金子 An idle youth, a needy age. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

The pure.the bright,the beautiful,一切纯洁的,辉煌的,美丽的,That stirred our hearts in youth,强烈地震撼着我们年轻的心灵的,The impulses to wordless prayer,推动着我们做无言的祷告的,The dreams of love and truth;让我们

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

我们能让这世界变得更美好么?这句话本身就是一个错误的假设,认为这世界不好。反过来,我们应该说世界就是这样的,没有什么绝对的好与不好。这是我们选择的生活方式,也是我们喜欢

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Though there is much to be concerned about, there is far, far more for which to be thankful. Though life's goodness can at times be overshadowed, it is never outweighed. 尽管有很多事让人忧虑,但相比而言,值得感激的事要多得多。

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Amazingly simple, beautiful, andabsolutely free things 简单、美好、自由的事情 5. Finally hanging up those pictures inyour house. It always makes me happy to cross something off the to do list. 终于在家里挂上了那些画。完成待办

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

The people of Iran go to the polls tomorrow to vote in a controlled, but still heated presidential election. From Tehran, special correspondent Reza Sayah reports. It's the closing stretch in Iran's presidential race. And the capital, Tehran, is at f

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

These Things Shall Never Die 这些美好不会消逝 The pure, the bright, the beautiful, 一切纯洁的,辉煌的,美丽的, That stirred our hearts in youth, 强烈地震撼着我们年轻的心灵的, The impulses to wordless prayer, 推动

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Um, the dynamic between you two is just so much fun. 你们俩之间的气场实在是太欢乐了 Because you know I love you both individually and I just love watching you on camera 你们两个人我都非常喜欢 我很喜欢看见你们俩在镜头

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀