This smells of cut grass. Now, this is the skeleton of the molecule. 它闻起来就像割下来青草。这就是分子的骨架。 If you dress it up with atoms, hydrogen atoms -- that's what it looks like when you have it on your computer -- but a

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Here's how shape works in normal receptors. 这里展示的是形状是如何对通常的感受器起作用的。 You have a molecule coming in, it gets into the protein, which is schematic here, 一个分子进来,进到蛋白质里,图中所示意

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And...but...but...we have to go a little beyond that. 我们需要进一步深入。 Now let me explain why vibrational theory has some sort of interest in it. 现在我来解释为什么震动理论有一定的道理。 These molecules, as you saw i

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So I went searching when I started in this game to convince myself that there was any degree of plausibility to this whole crazy story. 在这个游戏的最初,我就开始寻找说服我自己,这个理论有一定的合理性,这整个故事有

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

OK, great, we smell vibrations. How? All right? 好吧,我们闻到的是震动。怎么闻到呢? Now when people ask this kind of question, they neglect something, which is that physicists are really clever, unlike biologists. 当人们问这个问

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

The fragrance that you will smell, you will never be able to smell this way again. 一会你们将闻到一款香水,它会带给你们绝无仅有的体验。 It's a fragrance called Beyond Paradise, which you can find in any store in the nation. 这

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

迷你对话: A:Why did the boss come down on Joe like a ton of bricks. 为什么老板对Joe百般刁难。 B:He spoke evilbehind his back. 他在背后说老板的坏话了。 A:How did he know that he had badmouthed him? 老板怎么知道他说他

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Norman:That Demko thing really chapped my ass. I marched upstairs and I told the big guns: 诺曼:德姆克那个事情让我非常恼火所以我跑到了楼上,我跟那些老头子们说 Carl gets promoted in Iieu of Demko, or along with Demko..

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

在TEDGlobal U中,卡梅隆辛克莱尔展示了一些未经报道的耗资巨额的大型房建项目的失败:数以千计的建筑工人被搁置并领不到工钱。对于他的同行们,辛克莱尔说,他只有一个合乎道义的回答。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

在TEDGlobal U中,卡梅隆辛克莱尔展示了一些未经报道的耗资巨额的大型房建项目的失败:数以千计的建筑工人被搁置并领不到工钱。对于他的同行们,辛克莱尔说,他只有一个合乎道义的回答。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:贫穷至进步

奥利弗萨克斯是一位神经学家和作家。他将带我们认识邦纳症候群,也就是视力受损的人产生鲜明幻觉。他用温馨的细节描述了病人的经历,并以这样的叙述让我们了解这种鲜少被报道的现象

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:头脑游戏

If you're trying to learn more about your family, there's probably no better place to start looking than your name! 如果你想多多了解自己的家族,或许最好的方法就是从你自己的姓名入手! While there are plenty of exceptions

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Each country in Britain has its own floral emblem. 英国的每个地区都有其代表性的花。 England - rose 英格兰玫瑰 The national flower of England is the rose. The flower has been adopted as England's emblem since the time of the Wars

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

AS IT IS 2015-10-23 Netanyahu Says Muslim Was Behind Holocaust 内塔尼亚胡称穆斯林隐身于大屠杀背后 Benjamin Netanyahu tried Thursday to recover from saying a religious Muslim was behind the Holocaust in World War II. Mr. Netanyahu, th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Red envelope gifts via mobile devices, popular in China during festivals, have brought a new challenge in the fight against corruption. 过节时,手机红包非常流行,这给反腐带来了挑战。 Cheng Wenhao, director of the Anti-Corruptio

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

In his 1938 novel Brighton Rock, Graham Greene sought to address great questions of right and wrong against a backdrop of ruthless score-settling. The book is a favourite of Nick Timothy, who as much as anyone is now charged with moving British polit

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AS IT IS 2016-03-02 Super Delegates: The Secret Force Behind Candidates 超级代表:候选人背后的秘密力量 If you count the delegates won by Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, the race is close. Clinton,

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

The US Intelligence Community is confident the Russian government was behind recent hacks against the Democratic National Committee that compromised thousands of emails from top DNC members. 美国情报局坚称俄罗斯政府是入侵民主党黑客事

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The most complex problems in our time can be solved with simple techniques, if we are able to dream. 现如今,只要有梦想,就可以用最简单的手段解决最复杂的问题。 As a child, I discovered that creativity is the key to cross

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Finance and economics: Global house prices Hot in the city 财经:全球房价,楼市过热 Valuations in globalised cities are rising much faster than in their hinterlands. 全球化城市的估价比其腹地增价快。 GLOBALISATION has creat

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列